An Apology from The Commonwealth

Goose

Dearest Sir or Madame,

We at The Commonwealth are a group of self-absorbed jerks. In our quest for mockery and merriment, we often forget about the other person's feelings. It has been brought to our attention that our tireless mockery of you and yours has upset you, and for this we are truly apologetic. Whether joking about your handsomeness, invading your sovereign IRC territory, or making light of your alliance's failures, we did not realize that we had passed beyond lighthearted fun and moved into the territory of the complete douchebag. While I can guarantee neither that it will stop, nor get even worse (we're just so terrible at everything), we will make every effort to make our due apologies when needed in a timely, sincere, and satisfactory manner.

Best regards my handsome friend,

Goose Head of State for The Commonwealth

P.S. Before anyone asks, I'm totally sorry.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Goose' date='19 July 2010 - 10:16 PM' timestamp='1279602964' post='2380014']
Dearest Sir or Madame,

We at The Commonwealth are a group of self-absorbed jerks. In our quest for mockery and merriment, we often forget about the other person's feelings. It has been brought to our attention that our tireless mockery of you and yours has upset you, and for this we are truly apologetic. Whether joking about your handsomeness, invading your sovereign IRC territory, or making light of your alliance's failures, we did not realize that we had passed beyond lighthearted fun and moved into the territory of the complete douchebag. While I can guarantee neither that it will stop, nor get even worse (we're just so terrible at everything), we will make every effort to make our due apologies when needed in a timely, sincere, and satisfactory manner.

P.S. Before anyone asks, I'm totally sorry.
[/quote]
Not an apology to Corinan.

DENIED. Go back and do it over.

[quote name='Chron' date='20 July 2010 - 12:18 AM' timestamp='1279603102' post='2380026']

[/quote]
Lets see.. you changed the judging rules last second, you told Penkala one thing then SOM another..yeaaaaaaah about that

[quote name='wickedj' date='19 July 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1279603309' post='2380041']
Lets see.. you changed the judging rules last second, you told Penkala one thing then SOM another..yeaaaaaaah about that
[/quote]
Its hard to tell whom I told what when you all kept telling me different people were in charge of what was going on, especially when Penkala wasn't even a member at the time. :awesome:

And you were still half a week late.

And you still lost, despite that. :smug:

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' date='19 July 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1279603102' post='2380026']

[/quote]
Is this better:
[quote]Dearest [s]Sir or Madame,[/s]Corinan,

[s]We at The Commonwealth are a group of self-absorbed jerks. In our quest for mockery and merriment, we often forget about the other person's feelings. It has been brought to our attention that our tireless mockery of you and yours has upset you, and for this we are truly apologetic. Whether joking about your handsomeness, invading your sovereign IRC territory, or making light of your alliance's failures, we did not realize that we had passed beyond lighthearted fun and moved into the territory of the complete douchebag. While I can guarantee neither that it will stop, nor get even worse (we're just so terrible at everything), we will make every effort to make our due apologies when needed in a timely, sincere, and satisfactory manner.

P.S. Before anyone asks, I'm totally[/s] sorry.[/quote]

[quote name='Thunder Strike' date='19 July 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1279603529' post='2380050']
NSO telling people what to do? lol

Hi CSN.
[/quote]
Losers have no rights.

But what of those that propose a fight only to back out at the last second, I wonder? :smug:

[quote]Dearest [s]Sir or Madame[/s],Corinan,

We at The Commonwealth are a group of self-absorbed jerks. In our quest for mockery and merriment, we often forget [s]about the other person's feelings[/s] the irony in mocking others for our own failures. [s]It has been brought to our attention that our tireless mockery of you and yours has upset you, and[/s] for this we are truly apologetic. Whether joking about your handsomeness, invading your sovereign IRC territory, or making light of your alliance's [s]failures[/s] epic wins-ness, we did not realize that we had passed beyond lighthearted fun and moved into the territory of the complete douchebag[s]. While I can guarantee neither that it will stop, nor get even worse ([/s]we're just so terrible at everything[s]),[/s] we will make every effort to make our due apologies when needed in a timely, sincere, and satisfactory manner.

P.S. Before anyone asks, I'm totally sorry.[/quote]

I accept this apology.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='20 July 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1279603717' post='2380057']
Uhhh, could some one tell us whats going on here?
[/quote]

I believe it's what NSO decided they wanted to make us do for losing the newsletter competition. They wanted an apology. Yes, they are that lame.

What we were discussing had we won involved flashy new avatars. :awesome:

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='19 July 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1279603905' post='2380064']
I believe it's what NSO decided they wanted to make us do for losing the newsletter competition. They wanted an apology. Yes, they are that lame.
[/quote]
You guys wanted us to acknowledge you weren't terrible if you won.

I'd say we win that round as well.

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' date='20 July 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1279603960' post='2380065']
You guys wanted us to acknowledge you weren't terrible if you won.

I'd say we win that round as well.
[/quote]

What? Who told you that, Penkala?

Heh, originally what we decided on if we won was to make you take him back. :P

Edited by Lord Brendan

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='19 July 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1279604094' post='2380072']
What? Who told you that, Penkala?
[/quote]
That was the actually agreed upon term on our end. Not just penkala, wickedj and SOM too.

I tried to see if you guys wanted anything else, but you never even got around to agreeing to anything. There was talk about a Justin Bieber penalty, but that never got off the ground despite my efforts to negotiate it.
[quote]
Heh, originally what we decided on if we won was to make you take him back. [/quote]Wait, that was serious?

Edited by Chron

[quote name='Chron' date='20 July 2010 - 01:37 AM' timestamp='1279604209' post='2380076']
That was the actually agreed upon term on our end. Not just penkala, wickedj and SOM too.

I tried to see if you guys wanted anything else, but you never even got around to agreeing to anything. There was talk about a Justin Bieber penalty, but that never got off the ground despite my efforts to negotiate it.
[/quote]

The Justin Bieber thing and making you take Penkala were the only ones I ever saw discussed.

I suppose I'll just shake my fist at SOM and Wicked.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='20 July 2010 - 01:52 AM' timestamp='1279605129' post='2380103']
I'm not really sure what limits were set.
[/quote]

Yeah, see, that's the problem. Literally nobody in CSN knew what was going on with the newsletter. No single person knew more than half the details (which NSO constantly changed). Whatever. You get your apology anyways. Now go back to irrelevance, NSO.

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='19 July 2010 - 10:52 PM' timestamp='1279605129' post='2380103']
I'm not really sure what limits were set.
[/quote]
No one wanted to discuss it, despite the fact I kept pestering WIckedJ and SOM about it. Well, SOM had circumstances to be fair, but still, those talks never went anywhere.

[quote name='Chron' date='20 July 2010 - 01:03 AM' timestamp='1279605764' post='2380125']
No one wanted to discuss it, despite the fact I kept pestering WIckedJ and SOM about it. Well, SOM had circumstances to be fair, but still, those talks never went anywhere.
[/quote]
my involvement in the newsletter is zero. pestering me about it only meant i passed your message along via PM to SOM