IRON Notice

[quote name='Cataduanes' date='18 July 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1279486919' post='2377768']
heh if that keeps you warm at night then you hold onto that thought ;)
[/quote]

No, you've just seemed to be out of it the past couple of times you've responded to me.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sincerely wish all of these alliances the best of luck for their futures. Regardless of what anyone says in this thread, this was NOT an easy decision for us to make and many of us are saddened to see these treaties go.

o/ NATO
o/ Old Guard
o/ Legion
o/ TPF
o/ Echelon
o/ MCXA
o/ UPN
o/ TAB

Best of luck to you brothers! :wub:

Edited by The Warrior

[quote name='flak attack' date='18 July 2010 - 01:01 PM' timestamp='1279483265' post='2377677']
It's been quite obvious as of late that Duckroll is moving to take their immediate allies and form a separate power sphere from the other ex-Heg alliances. I would have thought they would try to bring NATO and TFD with them, but I assume they realized that even with all their faults, NATO and TFD do at least have an element of loyalty. Could end up putting NSO in a bad position in the future though.
[/quote]

Two questions? Why are you trying to paint Duckroll as the next potential threat to CN peace (read a threat to the new hegemony that is SuperComplaints) and why are you trying to do that in the context of a thread in which IRON is decoupling itself from part of the treaty web?

Ok, do people even know Duckroll isnt an MDP or ODP treaty, another FYI, 2/4 signatories arent even allied to each other, that is no MDP+ treaty.

I've seen some good interesting tangents fly off from discussions over here, but gotta say this one was ramirical.

[quote name='shahenshah' date='18 July 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1279488338' post='2377790']
Ok, do people even know Duckroll isnt an MDP or ODP treaty, another FYI, 2/4 signatories arent even allied to each other, that is no MDP+ treaty.

I've seen some good interesting tangents fly off from discussions over here, but gotta say this one was ramirical.
[/quote]

Stop letting the facts get in the way :(

[quote name='shahenshah' date='18 July 2010 - 05:25 PM' timestamp='1279488338' post='2377790']

[/quote]
You shouldn't have said that. It's funny to see what people think is happening.

[quote name='dvdcchn' date='18 July 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1279477195' post='2377411']
Multi Colored Cross-X Alliance [/quote]

One would think that you'd at least bother to spell another alliance's name correctly when cancelling their treaty - especially when said treaty was the oldest military treaty on the books.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='18 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1279489229' post='2377801']
One would think that you'd at least bother to spell another alliance's name correctly when cancelling their treaty - especially when said treaty was the oldest military treaty on the books.
[/quote]

thank you

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='18 July 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1279489229' post='2377801']
[/quote]

Oh my, a spacebar. What a grievous insult.

[quote name='Arrnea' date='18 July 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1279477331' post='2377414']
My god, that's a lot of cancellations. :o
[/quote]

Indeed.

Where are the signatures of IRON government, should those not be included in an official announcement?

[quote name='Titus Pullo' date='18 July 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1279477538' post='2377430']
Best of luck, I hope you find a good group of friends you can always trust and rely on.
[/quote]

They already have "quack" :smug:

[quote name='Hymenbreach' date='18 July 2010 - 11:26 AM' timestamp='1279477584' post='2377434']
Short memories some people have and a low level of loyalty too.
[/quote]

I remember something just like this being said in a back room just after Karma. You can only kick a friend in the teeth so many times before they say I don’t need friends like you.

[quote name='TheListener' date='18 July 2010 - 11:29 AM' timestamp='1279477729' post='2377449']
Very Interesting, dunno where you guys are gonna find new friends in this world.
[/quote]

Who said they need new ones? Looks to me the ones they have are about as good as it gets. :wub:

[quote name='Quinoa Rex' date='18 July 2010 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1279478246' post='2377466']
So, if I'm reading this correctly, you guys are essentially saying "hey, you guys were good, loyal friends for years and all, but we're gonna go get some shiny new friends now who are [i]much[/i] better than you."

Real classy.
[/quote]

Reading it wrong. Looks like what was said is [b]'We are ready to cut the fat and just keep the meat'[/b]

[quote name='mythicknight' date='18 July 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1279489621' post='2377810']Oh my, a spacebar. What a grievous insult.[/quote]
Oh, you know that isn't what insulted him actually, but just a point of expressing it.

I must commend you all for bringing something interesting after such a long dull period. Have no clue what it actually is though, which makes it that more entertaining.

Have fun.

I'm going to remind all of you that [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules"]the rules[/url] are available on top of each page. Just in case you're unsure about the flaming/trolling/off-topic posts... ;)

[quote name='ironchef' date='18 July 2010 - 10:51 PM' timestamp='1279489889' post='2377817']
Reading it wrong. Looks like what was said is [b]'We are ready to cut the fat and just keep the meat'[/b]
[/quote]

No, Id say he read it correctly your clever quip really just affirms his sentiment.

I'm not going to pretend to understand why IRON did this like a lot of other in this thread, the name calling and throwing of insults has accomplished little. I am however very intrigued by this turn of events and will be watching it closely.

Luck to IRON and all other Alliances involved.

[quote name='ironchef' date='18 July 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1279489889' post='2377817']
[/quote]

Well I should would hope not.

Warrior and Shah :wub:

I realize we've been acting like jilted lovers...but that's what it feels like, gosh darn it.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' date='18 July 2010 - 10:40 PM' timestamp='1279489229' post='2377801']
[/quote]

Ahh nvm Gopher tis done. 95% of the alliance membership were not around when the treaty was "forged".
Saying that.. most of them are post karma members these days and don't understand the hegemony tag.

Either way it was fun bar the last day or so. Something good may come of it yet.. [i]looks under the chair for a trapdoor[/i]

[quote name='mythicknight' date='18 July 2010 - 04:35 PM' timestamp='1279485314' post='2377738']
IRON has canceled on them, and presumably NATO knows why
[/quote]

You'd be surprised.

[quote name='ironchef' date='18 July 2010 - 05:51 PM' timestamp='1279489889' post='2377817']
[/quote]

Thank you, ironchef, I'm sure you're speaking just for yourself and not for IRON or TORN here...

Edited by Hogosha

[quote name='bcndwilson' date='18 July 2010 - 01:13 PM' timestamp='1279483986' post='2377706']
You are trying to spin this, as the rest of you are so keen on saying, this is not that big of a shift, it is in the sense that there is no formal treaty but we are still very connected to NATO and others on the treaty web.
[/quote]

And this statement does nothing to assuage my anguish at what was done...connected by defense of you alone...I will work to remedy that for the rest of my time here...I love some of the individual members of IRON alot and respect what you guys have done for me personally and for NATO in the past...to the alliance as a whole and the path you chose, hope it is the right one, but I see us on opposite sides of the next conflict, which troubles me deeply. But this is the path you chose...walk it now, for you may be running it later...

Peron, thanks for the words and the assistance...i respect you a great deal and appreciate what you have done for us.

Shah, you are a warrior that is for sure, I enjoyed our many chats and advice and just the back and forth banter of every day life.

And yes, you can stop saying "we hope to be friends or remain friends", NATO and IRON as alliances are friends no more, that was your choice not ours.

I really never thought I would have to write something like this about NATO and IRON...

[quote name='michaeru' date='18 July 2010 - 11:23 AM' timestamp='1279477397' post='2377418']
Looks like IRON is putting the Independent back into Independent Republic of Orange Nations.
[/quote]
Wow, that is my sentiments exactly.

Good luck with this IRON, I look forward to seeing what you guys do next :)