The Guru Order Offers a Helping Hand...

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 03:51 AM' timestamp='1279443089' post='2376952']
Publicly humiliating someone is not something I would say is funny or should be laughed at.
[/quote]
The logs had spread enough by the time this was written up, so there's really no extra harm here.

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 01:51 AM' timestamp='1279443089' post='2376952']
Publicly humiliating someone is not something I would say is funny or should be laughed at.
[/quote]
The lesson here is not to not log dump, but to never do something that retarded.

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1279443089' post='2376952']
[/quote]

Yes we get it. This is completely against your morals. Got it. We understand your opinion. You've said this three times already.

[quote name='Dementual' date='18 July 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1279443166' post='2376956']Public humiliation is a staple of Planet Bob.[/quote]
That's kind of funny, coming from an alliance that has a history of both dishing it out and getting it.

No wait, humiliation is what your alliance did to itself, [b]ridicule[/b] is what you got from others.

[quote name='Arrnea' date='18 July 2010 - 04:52 PM' timestamp='1279443112' post='2376953']
Except UPN already humiliated and defamed themselves by asking this not only of the Guru Order, but also other alliances.
[/quote]

Still does not justify this in any matter possible.

My favourite bit.

[2010-07-18 14:33:00] <Kevanovia> You have no idea how badly we're hurting
#
[2010-07-18 14:33:04] <Kevanovia> All we have is numbers
#
[2010-07-18 14:33:49] <Kevanovia> A load of our active government left to form another alliance a month back and we haven't recovered yet. We'll be fine, I have no doubts. I guess I'm just trying to take short cuts.

Edited by Alterego

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 04:51 AM' timestamp='1279443089' post='2376952']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, it is. UPN approached a fairly well established alliance, with whom they had no previous contact with nor anything in common, and proposes a merge. Not only that, but GO should merge into UPN because [i]UPN is terribly inactive and could use the boost[/i]. Think about that for a moment. If that makes any sense to you then I believe you might be qualified to lead the UPN. Or at the very least ghost it.[/color]

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 04:56 AM' timestamp='1279443384' post='2376965']
Still does not justify this in any matter possible.
[/quote]

[i]WE GET IT.[/i]

You have now said that [u]four times[/u]. Please give it a rest or address points rather than repeating the same lines with a few words switched around.

[quote name='Arrnea' date='18 July 2010 - 02:56 AM' timestamp='1279443360' post='2376964']
That's kind of funny, coming from an alliance that has a history of both dishing it out and getting it.

No wait, humiliation is what your alliance did to itself, [b]ridicule[/b] is what you got from others.
[/quote]

OUCH!!! hahahaha so much for no public humilitation.

[quote name='Master Holton' date='18 July 2010 - 04:59 AM' timestamp='1279443578' post='2376971']
OUCH!!! hahahaha so much for no public humilitation.
[/quote]

And Legion talking about humiliation. Brilliant.

Purple, please stop making me facepalm. Please.

[quote name='wickedj' date='18 July 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1279443678' post='2376973']UPN i will offer my services, appoint me Emperor of your alliance and i will turn it around[/quote]
I for one, support UPN's new Wicked overlord. :awesome:

Edited by Arrnea

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='18 July 2010 - 04:57 PM' timestamp='1279443449' post='2376967']
[color="#0000FF"]Actually, it is. UPN approached a fairly well established alliance, with whom they had no previous contact with nor anything in common, and proposes a merge. Not only that, but GO should merge into UPN because [i]UPN is terribly inactive and could use the boost[/i]. Think about that for a moment. If that makes any sense to you then I believe you might be qualified to lead the UPN. Or at the very least ghost it.[/color]
[/quote]

So instead of GO offering a hand, even in terms of setting them up again without merging they decided to post a topic about it and laugh and points fingers at UPN. While the conversation was not of the brightest, does not warrant to be log dumped.

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while, even from a stranger.

[quote name='Penkala' date='18 July 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1279443558' post='2376970']
[i]WE GET IT.[/i]

You have now said that [u]four times[/u]. Please give it a rest or address points rather than repeating the same lines with a few words switched around.
[/quote]

Just like numerous people going

LOLUPN

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 05:02 AM' timestamp='1279443755' post='2376978']
So instead of GO offering a hand, even in terms of setting them up again without merging they decided to post a topic about it and laugh and points fingers at UPN. While the conversation was not of the brightest, does not warrant to be log dumped.

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while, even from a stranger.
[/quote]

Then go help them. Up to you. Please put your money where your mouth is.

[quote]Just like numerous people going

LOLUPN [/quote]

Except we're not saying it 5 times each[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flbC0VAy18o]...[/url]

Edited by Penkala

At least I wasn't the only one who got an offer like this.

[quote]Jul 15 21:04:38 <Kevanovia> And I was wondering, if you were interested, to maybe have a merge between us. Since you've had quite a bit of experience in CN, it'd be very easy to give you a position in our government[/quote]

They must be really desperate to go after 11 member and 200 member alliances alike, as if UPN was actually that appealing anyhow.

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 05:02 PM' timestamp='1279443755' post='2376978']So instead of GO offering a hand, even in terms of setting them up again without merging they decided to post a topic about it and laugh and points fingers at UPN. While the conversation was not of the brightest, does not warrant to be log dumped.

Everyone needs a helping hand once in a while, even from a stranger.[/quote]
Oh but remember, UPN doesn't need help, since they have that wonderful realpolitik policy of not entering into losing wars. :rolleyes:

[quote name='nutkase' date='18 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1279443959' post='2376985']
If they ask help of me, I will.
[/quote]
I hope you realise UPN hasn't actually (to my knowledge) asked for [b]help[/b] from anyone, just asked that they merge into them because "they're terribly inactive and could use the boost". If UPN had come to GO asking for [b]help[/b], then you'd be right and GO would be not very nice for logdumping on them and humiliating them.

Edited by Arrnea