For our futures

Message to Vaulo-Buryatia:

We respectfully ask your permission to send a diplomat to your country. There is an important issue concerning the future of the Marscurian people that we would like to discuss. We eagerly await your reply.

-Prince Vladimir Stein, Head of diplomacy for Marscurian Pakistan

The message was quickly received by the Vauleyo-Buryatian Diplomatic Corps. Before the government could respond an official reply bearing the seal of the Imperator would be sent:

[quote]
[IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l358/ImperatorAzenquor/CoatOfArmsPyotr.png[/IMG]

To: Prince Vladimir Stein, Head of diplomacy for Marscurian Pakistan
Fr: HMORH Imperator Pyotr I

[i]Given the importance of the issue presented we grant all necessary permissions and security clearances for a Marscurian diplomat to be sent to Vauleyo-Buryatia. The Diplomatic Corps is standing by to receive said diplomat at the Sygh-Varthys International Airport.

I look forward to meeting with the diplomat personally upon his arrival in Vauleyo-Buryatia [/i]

Signed,
[IMG]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l358/ImperatorAzenquor/Sig2.png[/IMG]

[/quote]

For a talk as important as this, nobody lower than Vladimir himself could be sent. After hours of flying, the plane touched down at Sygh-Varthys International. Vladimir debarked and met the waiting diplomatic team with a low bow. "Thank you for seeing me," he said, "I, and the whole of the Marscurian people, thank you."

After greeting the Marscurian representative at the airport, the entire entourage was transported by waiting limousines to the conference hall on the first floor of the Imperial Palace.

After exchanging pleasantries, Imperator Pyotr and Deputy President Ourumov took their seats. Pyotr broke the silence:

[i]"So, what can we do for the people of Marscurian Pakistan and what is this matter of urgency?"[/i]

[quote name='Imperator Azenquor' date='17 July 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1279419077' post='2376556']
After greeting the Marscurian representative at the airport, the entire entourage was transported by waiting limousines to the conference hall on the first floor of the Imperial Palace.

After exchanging pleasantries, Imperator Pyotr and Deputy President Ourumov took their seats. Pyotr broke the silence:

[i]"So, what can we do for the people of Marscurian Pakistan and what is this matter of urgency?"[/i]
[/quote]
"It is with great shame that I must say this," Vladimir said, "but Pakistan is not longer secure. The Marscurian leadership is hanging on by a thread, and it is no longer with loyalty that the land is held together, but it is with force. Since the days of Alexander the Great, Pakistan has shown that a foreign government will not control the land for long. Now, my nephew is the latest casualty to this history. Even as we speak, there are plans to leave Pakistan to the natives. Your lands, however, are vast and rich. There are lands on your frontiers that are sparsely populated, and would be perfect for the nurture of the Marscurian culture and way of life." Vladimir dropped to his knees and bowed before the Imperator. "We humbly throw ourselves at your mercy, and request a small parcel to call our own."

Edited by KaiserMelech Mikhail

Taken aback for a moment, Imperator Pyotr rose from his seat.

[i]“Please rise, Prince Vladimir. There is no need to kneel.”[/i]-Pyotr

Before Deputy President Ourumov could speak, the Imperator continued:

[i]“I was unaware that the security situation in Marscurian Pakistan had deteriorated to such an extent. It will be a mammoth task to move your people from Pakistan. The logistics of such an action would be monumental in and of itself. But it is a task that we are willing to undertake.

I sympathize with the plight of your people, and will do all in my power to assist.”[/i]

The Imperator walked over to a map of Vauleyo-Buryatia before studying the eastern regions closely. He turned back to Prince Vladimir and spoke:

[i]“It isn’t much, but I can offer you the South-East Frontier Province (OOC: Jewish Autonomous Oblast) of the East Ingushetia Autonomous Region for your people to move to. The region is sparsely populated, but does have sustainable amounts of resources. Unfortunately, the region lies sandwiched between Japan, Zargathia and the frequently volatile regions of East Ingushetia.

If despite these challenges, it is still your wish to claim this territory, then we may sign a formal agreement and organize the process of moving your people from Pakistan. As a show of our support I am prepared, with the permission of the government of Marscurian Pakistan, to deploy the Vauleyo-Buryatian military to assist in the movement of your people out of Pakistan.”[/i]-Pyotr

"The situation is worse than what we release to the world," Vladimir said, "though most of the country has been cleared of the rebels officially, large amounts of guerrillas still exist. They've grown bolder as well, launching terrorist attacks and riots in many cities. Don't worry about moving all the Marscurians. At the last census, there were a little over 1 million in the nation. I sense that many will not want to move north. Cochin will probably take a large amount of them, and many will choose to stay as well."

Vladimir took a look at the map. "Ah yes," he said, "that region. I see it's far from the ocean. That's good, the sea has given us nothing but problems lately. Storms, pirates, invasion, who needs it? We have no problem with Zargathia, nor Japan. As for the volatile northern areas, the border between regions appears to be hilly and heavily forested. That would slow down a sizable group of people, and would be easily defended. However, there appear to be a large about of passes, allowing for smooth transportation between the region and the rest of your nation. The land, it's... perfect. Your majesty, we humbly and gratefully accept your offer."

Pyotr nodded:
[i]"It seems we are in agreement regarding the territory. Now, do you have a rough estimate of how many people need to be relocated from Marscurian Pakistan to the new territory? If you do, we can begin making the preparations for their transport. If it is necessary to deploy the Vauleyo-Buryatian military to aid in the security of the relocation process, we will need to know this beforehand so that we can negotiate the necessary transit agreements with the Kingdom of Cochin. We also need to relocate a few of our own citizens who may not wish to remain in the area to become the new Marscurian state.

With the detailed information regarding the citizens that will be leaving Pakistan, we can issue their transit visas and entry permits instantly upon their arrival in Vauleyo-Buryatia.

Once we have ironed out the last details of how this operation will be carried out, then we can sign the official document handing over the territory."[/i]

[quote name='Imperator Azenquor' date='19 July 2010 - 10:24 PM' timestamp='1279596264' post='2379845']
Pyotr nodded:
[i]"It seems we are in agreement regarding the territory. Now, do you have a rough estimate of how many people need to be relocated from Marscurian Pakistan to the new territory? If you do, we can begin making the preparations for their transport. If it is necessary to deploy the Vauleyo-Buryatian military to aid in the security of the relocation process, we will need to know this beforehand so that we can negotiate the necessary transit agreements with the Kingdom of Cochin. We also need to relocate a few of our own citizens who may not wish to remain in the area to become the new Marscurian state.

With the detailed information regarding the citizens that will be leaving Pakistan, we can issue their transit visas and entry permits instantly upon their arrival in Vauleyo-Buryatia.

Once we have ironed out the last details of how this operation will be carried out, then we can sign the official document handing over the territory."[/i]
[/quote]
"Your highness," Vladimir said, "our people are tired. While I expect most will come to their new homes, many will chose to stay. There are just over 1,000,000 Marscurians in the country. Many will not want to travel such a large distance, and Cochin and Rebel Army will be popular destinations. I also expect that many will stay in their homes and hope that the new regime will be kind to them. All in all, I expect somewhere between 600,000 and 700,000 people will be leaving for the new lands. We are also an accommodating people, and we will be happy to accept anyone who wishes to stay in the territory into our community."

"Very well. My staff have prepared the following document. Once both our signatures are affixed we can proceed."-Pyotr

[quote]
[b]Operation Shield of Angels Accord[/b]

[b]Article 1: Intent[/b]

With the intention of providing significant assistance to the citizens of Marscurian Pakistan who wish to leave the territory to a new life elsewhere, the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia declares its intention of providing a safe haven for these citizens.

[b]Article 2: The Safe Haven[/b]

The safe haven for those leaving Marscurian Pakistan shall be the South-East Frontier Province (OOC: Jewish Autonomous Oblast) of the East Ingushetia Autonomous Region (EIAR) of Vauleyo-Buryatia. This haven shall upon the [date of independence here] become an independent state that is fully sovereign and in full control of its territory and government.

[b]Article 3: Visa Requirements[/b]

To expedite the process of moving those wishing to leave Marscurian Pakistan to the new state, the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia agrees to temporarily suspend the multi-visa requirements and instead grant transit visas upon their entry into Vauleyo-Buryatia. These transit visas will permit the individuals to freely enter Vauleyo-Buryatian territory en route to their future territory.

[b]Article 4: Assistance[/b]

The government of Vauleyo-Buryatia shall provide a fleet of civilian aircraft to assist in the evacuation of citizens who wish to leave Marscurian Pakistan. The movement of such aircraft to and from Marscurian Pakistan shall be discussed with the government of the Kingdom of Cochin to facilitate the rapid movement of aircraft.

Provisions shall be made by the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia to facilitate those wishing to move to the new territory via land. These individuals, once granted permission to pass through the Kingdom of Cochin, will be granted entry and transit permits at the border with Vauleyo-Buryatia.

Should the security situation in Marscurian Pakistan deteriorate during this time, the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia shall, if requested by the government of Marscurian Pakistan, send in forces to assist in maintaining security while the population transfer occurs.

[b]Article 5: Independence[/b]

The new territory to be handed over to the Marscurians shall become independent once a government formed in the region, and the Vauleyo-Buryatian Great People's Khural jointly approve its Independence Declaration.

[b]Article 6: Property and Vauleyo-Buryatian citizens[/b]

Vauleyo-Buryatian citizens wishing to remain in the new state are free to do so and those who wish to leave shall be compensated for their property by the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia. The governments of Vauleyo-Buryatia and Marscurian Pakistan agree to the fair and equitable treatment of those who are migrating to the new territory and those who already reside therein.

[b]Article 7: Financial Aid[/b]

To aid in the creation of government institutions and additional infrastructure in the region the government of Vauleyo-Buryatia agrees to give the government of Marscurian Pakistan a one time grant of B$120 billion, as well as access to loans at a 0% interest rate, should the Marscurians wish.

[b]Article 8: Defense of the new state[/b]

The government of Vauleyo-Buryatia commits itself to the defense of the new Marscurian state until the time that the Marscurian state is able to establish the necessary defense institutions to take over this role, or if the Marscurian government so desires.

[b]Article 9: Bi-lateral ties[/b]

The Vauleyo-Buryatian and Marscurian governments shall endeavor to cooperate in areas of mutual interest, be they cultural or economic exchanges, to the benefits of the peoples of Vauleyo-Buryatia and the new Marscurian state.

[b]Signed,[/b][/quote]

[i]"If the document meets your approval, we can begin the evacuation process immediately."[/i]-Ourumov

"This document definitely meets our approval," Vladimir said. "I know that your concern lies with the people living in the region currently. I assure you, they will be taken care of as if they were our own. Should they request it, they will automatically be given citizenship. Our house will be a house of refuge for all nations." Vladimir then took the pen and added this signature to the document.

Signed for the Marscurian People
Vladimir Stein, Prince of the Marscurian nation
Mikhail Stein, Sovereign of the Marscurian people

Throughout Pakistan, the news was spread. People were given orders to voice their intentions for the future. In the cities, the people were required to head to designated buildings to fill out the forms and apply for the necessary travel visas. In the country, the methods were more crude. Citizens were to hang a flag outside their house indicating their plans for the future. An orange flag indicated the intention to travel to the new Marscurian country. A green flag indicated the intention to stay in Pakistan. A blue flag indicated the intention to travel to Rebel Army. A pink flag indicated the intention to travel to the Kingdom of Cochin. A black flag indicated the intention to travel to a different country not listed. Bureaucrats in everything from SUVs to camels traveled the land, looking for the flags and helping the people, many of whom were illiterate, fill out the forms.

[center][u][b]KINGDOM OF COCHIN ANNOUNCEMENT[/b][/u][/center]

The Kingdom of Cochin is sad to see our longstanding ally and neighbor Marscurian Pakistan shall no longer be our neighbors. However every nation has its mandate and to fulfill such mandates Great Exodus is sometimes necessary.

In view of the mass emigration from Pakistan to South-East Frontier Province in Vauleyo-Buryatia, the Kingdom of Cochin promises all feasible assistance to the people of Marscurian Pakistan. The Karakoram Highway connecting Marscurian Pakistan and Kingdom would be completely open for the next few days to any person possessing a valid passport of Marscurian Pakistan. A road link would be opened from Karakoram Highway through Cochin Ciy, Yining, Kuqa, Korla, Urumqi, Jimsar and Altai from where the the border check posts lead to Vauleyo Buryatia.

Similar transit routes would be opened from Amritsar, Jallandhar, Suratgarh, Jaisalmer, and Bhuj to pass through the Trans Himalayan Railroads and reach Altai. At each of these cities special trains would be stationed to transport the Marscurians to Vauleyo Buryatia. The Kingdom shall also operate a special train service along the Karakoram Railroad connecting Baloch and Cochin City and passing through Marscurian Pakistan to directly transport citizens of Marscurian Pakistan to Altai.

Marscurian Pakistan and Vauleyo-Buryatia are welcome to ask for any further assistance they deem necessary to make this exodus more comfortable.

The final census has been taken of the people's choices. Out of 1,047,772 Marscurians, these are the following numbers:

637,205 plan to move to the new country
153,765 plan to move to the Kingdom of Cochin
82,291 plan to move to Rebel Army
72,189 plan to remain in Pakistan
102,322 plan to move to other nations.

The numbers were then sent to Vauleyo-Buryatian authorities.

Immediately the Vauleyo-Buryatian Aviation Authority requested permission from the government of the Kingdom of Cochin to allow Vauleyan Airways flights to pass throught Cochin airspace en route to Marscurian Pakistan and back.

Once the permission would be obtained, Vauleyan Airways 31 Tu-204 Aircraft and 5 Tu-144 High Speed Transport Aircraft would be sent to Marscurian Pakistan. Each aircraft would have a single Vauleyo-Buryatian Border Security Agent on board along with the regular cabin crew. The Tu-204s would carry 212 passengers each, while the Tu-144s would carry 120 passengers each.

The aircraft would fly routes from Pakistan to Vauleyo-Buryatia every hour on the hour as refueling would permit them to. For convenience, as Marscurians boarded the aircraft, their identities would be confirmed from the lists sent by the government of Marscurian Pakistan and their entry visas would be issued mid flight.

For those traveling to the Vauleyo-Buryatian border by land, they would be fingerprinted and required to present photo ID before being granted their entry permits. Several additional personnel would be deployed to the border posts to ensure a smooth flow of traffic through the area and into Vauleyo-Buryatia.

Once they entered Vauleyo-Buryatia, they would be directed onto the main highway heading to the east, from which most of the ordinary traffic was diverted. Those who flew by plane would either land at the Yakutsk International Airport (YIA) before being shuttled to the new territory, or would catch a connecting flight to the region.

The monumental task of moving more than 600,000 people had begun.

A dedicated Air Transit Corridor was assigned to Vauleyo-Buryatian Aviation Authority by the Department of Air Transport for the operation of Vauleyan Airways to Marscurian Pakistan. The Vauleyan Airways would be permitted to refuel from any of the Class B or Class C Airports along this route.

The move was going smoothly. By all means of transport, around 6000 people managed to leave the country every day. Friends and family said their tearful goodbyes as they learned that everyone was heading to a different place. When around 400,000 people had left for the new country, more official movements could begin. On the roads, trucks heavily armed with machine guns and troops choked the way. These were bringing all manner of important documents, including treaties, censuses, tax forms and budget records, blueprints from Marscurian Military Works and other official papers. As the troops left, they left much of their weaponry. Military bases lay empty of men, but stocked with everything from gun bunkers to artillery pieces. To prevent looting or the illegal acquisition of weapons, the land was divided, and foreign military was invited to settle at the bases. To Cochin and Rebel Army, the following map was given:

[img]http://i973.photobucket.com/albums/ae218/mikial21/LandSplit-1.png[/img]

The 6th and 8th Armored Cavalry Regiments currently in theater to support anti rebel operations would protect the areas assigned to the Kingdom while the Baloch Military Province would open its borders for the free transit of the Rebel Army units seeking to consolidates their assigned areas.

With over 500,000 people well on their way to the new country, a massive snag has stopped the movement effort in its tracks. Heavy flooding in the north has flooded many sections of the Karakoram Highway leading into Cochin. Roadways and rail links have been covered with feet of water, and many sections have questionably safety. While emigration to other countries is continuing as normal, it will take time to get the northward migration back up to speed.

Pending the completion of the move to the new country, a temporary government has been installed with the purpose of executing semi-autonomy. The official name for this group is the [i]Provisional Government of The Marscurian People in Vauleyo-Buryatia[/i]. This government is headed by Prince Vladimir. Mikhail has chosen to remain in Pakistan until the moves are completed. This government will try to maintain order among the throngs of new immigrants.

[quote name='KaiserMelech Mikhail' timestamp='1280617773' post='2396465']
With over 500,000 people well on their way to the new country, a massive snag has stopped the movement effort in its tracks. Heavy flooding in the north has flooded many sections of the Karakoram Highway leading into Cochin. Roadways and rail links have been covered with feet of water, and many sections have questionably safety. While emigration to other countries is continuing as normal, it will take time to get the northward migration back up to speed.
[/quote]

With the flooding in sections of Karakoram Highway, the alternate transit routes through Punjab, Jammu and Rajasthan Provinces were activated to provide transportation to the Marscurian people. The heavy freight trains have already been rerouted to Cochin India from where they would cross to Cochin Xinjiang via the Trans Himalayan Railroads and proceed to Altai.

Throughout Pakistan, remnants of the Marscurian rule were being dismantled. Flags were being lowered, and any person or museum who wanted to keep one as an artifact was allowed to. The others were burned in a manner that a flag no longer in use is destined for. Many citizens took it upon themselves to rename streets, parks, or even entire towns, to erase reminders of the Marscurian leadership. In the Tri-Cities area, where many of the Marscurian who stayed in the country had moved to, things remained pretty much the same. The largest change was the combination of the Tri-Cities into one unified metropolitan area, simply named Karachi. The mass exodus had been nearly completed. All people who wished to leave to various nations had done so, and only about 50,000 awaited their turn for transport to the new country. Air travel was the fastest and most reliable route. With military trains constantly running through Cochin, going to and from Europe, rail was reserved for anything that could not be packed on an airplane.

Message to Vauleyo-Buryatian Government
From: Provisional Government of the Marscurian People in Vauleyo-Buryatia

Note: The move is finally complete. All peoples wishing to make the transit to the new land have completed their journey, including the ex-Sultan Mikhail. Our government is now complete, and under Article 5 of the Shield of Angels accord, we request your permission for political independence.

After a rapid vote in the Khural, the measure to approve and recognize the independence of the Marscurian territory was approved and the following reply was sent by the government:

[quote]
The Government of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia and Her Overseas Territories, via the Great Peoples Khural declares the following:

According to the Legislative powers vested in the Great Peoples' Khural by the Constitution of Vauleyo-Buryatia, which include the management of all of the sovereign territory of Vauleyo-Buryatia wherever it may be, the Khural in conjunction with the Office of the President of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia may, should the need arise, modify the status of the sovereign territory of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia in whole or in part based upon recommendations to said body by the President.

Granted the decision of the government of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia to grant sanctuary to the people of the former state of Marscurian Pakistan in their time of need, and the decision by said government to permit the creation of the Interim Governmental Structures in the form of the Provisional Government of The Marscurian People in the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia, the government of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia therefore recognizes that the mandate of the Provisional Government of The Marscurian People in the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia has expired.

The government of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia therefore, as laid out under the terms of the Shield of Angels Accord signed with the representatives of the Provisional Government of The Marscurian People in the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia recognizes the total independence of the region formerly known as the South-East Frontier Province (OOC: Jewish Autonomous Oblast) of the East Ingushetia Autonomous Region of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia as specified at the time of the signing of the Shield of Angels Accord.

Therefore the Great People's Khural of the Socialist Union of Vauleyo-Buryatia, by the Imperial Decree of the Imperator of Vauleyo-Buryatia: His Most Orthodox Royal Highness Pyotr (Zenquovich) Vladimirovich Guttorp-Faronne-Peaceheart-Zenn, Imperator of Vauleyo-Buryatia and Her Overseas Territories and dominions, Knight of Caledonia, Lord of Novaya and Severnaya Zemlya, Paramount Leader of Vauleya, Commander-in-Chief of the Organization of the Zodiac (Special Forces), and by a vote of the Elected Representatives of the People of Vauelyo-Buryatia in Parliament Assembled do recognize the independence of [[name of nation here]] and do extend their congratulations to the people of the newly sovereign nation.
[/quote]

tl;dr: Yes. :)