Are the NPO still the bad guys?

The Rainwood

400 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[quote name='Qazzian' date='16 July 2010 - 12:20 PM' timestamp='1279297239' post='2374577']
C'mon people, pay attention to the OWF. We're evil when we're on top, we're evil when we're giving reps, we're evil when we're losing a war, we're evil when we surrender, we're evil when we pay reps, we're evil when we don't pay them fast enough, we're evil when we don't break terms, we're evil when we complete terms and we're evil when we rebuild. Therefore, we must be pretty gosh darn evil.
[/quote]

Well, you aren't exactly paragons of virtue and piety either. People go by what they've seen so far.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Vladimir' date='16 July 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1279295263' post='2374532']
There is no longer any such thing as 'good' and 'evil' -- such concepts are for the weak and dispossessed. We have advanced to the much more refined position of 'NPO' and 'at least we're not as bad as the NPO'.
[/quote]
OK I really liked this answer and got funny looks when i started laughing

[quote name='Branimir' date='16 July 2010 - 12:13 PM' timestamp='1279296795' post='2374566']
That sounds quite inviting.

I was just wondering. Thanks for answering.
[/quote]
ohhh now this does interest me

NPO is far from what it was pre-karma in the sphere of direct influence but it would be bad for anyone to underestimate them in the comming months. I dont think they are evil by any means but they play the game to the fullest.

NPO is not really a threat to most alliances since their side is significantly weaker then the current "other pole" of the treaty web. As for being evil, that's a merely a matter of perspective.

[quote name='Branimir' date='16 July 2010 - 11:57 AM' timestamp='1279295851' post='2374549']
Actually this is a change in the pattern. This thread is actually in a question format, rather then in a claiming one.

It seems we lost our touch,....whelp, it happens
[/quote]

It seems you are correct...maybe next month.

What is evil? Evil is just a label, and truth be told we're all evil to some extent, depending on the time, different sides have been more successful at portraying the other side as "evil" while pretending they wouldn't do the exact same thing in their position.

[quote name='Voodoo Nova' date='16 July 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1279299014' post='2374615']It seems you are correct...maybe next month.[/quote]
Actually we may see the beginning of the end of the pattern.

We didn't do anything, in a year and some months. I dont really believe we will do anything, anytime soon also. So yeah, slowly the trend must die off, as it has nothing to feed on then old memories. And that gets old, especially once some current new good dramaz eventually develop after this slow summer season. While some will always dislike us, the majority of the common dwellers will focus on different things and threads you mentioned will become history.

Shame really.

Edited by Branimir

Who the actual "bad guys" are is a matter of perspective, but even so, I don't think any one alliance could possibly hold the title of "bad guys" alone anymore. So I voted "no." NPO aren't [i]the[/i] bad guys.

Who do [i]I[/i] think the bad guys are? You'd probably assume I think C&G immediately since I'm in TOOL, but that really isn't the case. There are people I like in C&G and others... not so much. :P I'm honestly at a loss as to who the "bad guys" are generally, since "bad guy" is kind of a relative term, and every alliance with any presence whatsoever does at least some stupid things even though they don't think they do.

I would use the term "bad guy" more in a situational context. For example, in the Neutral Shoving vs. Negligence and Sadism war, the Neutral Shoving band (RUKUNU and his cronies) were the "bad guys" from my vantage point.

Edited by Uralica

NPO and allies were generally termed the 'bad guys' because of curbstomp wars, high reparations, intimidation tactics etc.

Well about 50% of those allies went over to the other side of the web in Karma, since it ended there have been more curbstomp wars, the highest reps in Bob history, and indimidation tactics continue. It's not NPO doing it. So to answer your question OP, look at the side of the treaty web currently in power and go to the opposide side if you want to oppose such things.

[quote name='President S O' date='16 July 2010 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1279296204' post='2374552']
Wow, you think we're pathetic? And here I was thinking we were getting along nicely... :unsure:
[/quote]

Well ok, except one. Olympus is ok I guess.

[quote name='Branimir' date='16 July 2010 - 01:02 PM' timestamp='1279299740' post='2374642']
the majority of the common dwellers will focus on different things and threads you mentioned will become history.

Shame really.
[/quote]

Legacy is all we have, and CN tends to do a good job of remembering.

[quote name='Vol Navy' date='16 July 2010 - 01:46 PM' timestamp='1279302387' post='2374719']
NPO and allies were generally termed the 'bad guys' because of curbstomp wars, high reparations, intimidation tactics etc.

Well about 50% of those allies went over to the other side of the web in Karma, since it ended there have been more curbstomp wars, the highest reps in Bob history, and indimidation tactics continue. It's not NPO doing it. So to answer your question OP, look at the side of the treaty web currently in power and go to the opposide side if you want to oppose such things.
[/quote]

If you disagree with the lesser of two evils, the solution is not to join up with the greater evil.

I started to vote "no", because NPO hasn't done anything bad lately. Then I realized that just because a murderer has been in prison for a long time and hasn't killed anyone doesn't mean they're not evil. Since I have no idea what is in NPO's heart, I picked the third option.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='16 July 2010 - 03:48 PM' timestamp='1279309720' post='2374889']
I started to vote "no", because NPO hasn't done anything bad lately. Then I realized that just because a murderer has been in prison for a long time and hasn't killed anyone doesn't mean they're not evil. Since I have no idea what is in NPO's heart, I picked the third option.
[/quote]

I think the best way to put it is that they're bad guys but they're not [i]the[/i] bad guys.

[quote name='The Rainwood' date='16 July 2010 - 08:29 AM' timestamp='1279294124' post='2374509']
I just returned to the game, left during the Karma war because I went on vacation and my nation got deleted. I wasn't very active for a while before that.

I looked at the new treaty web. That...I have no idea what that says. Even if I found out that the NPO were still the bad guys, how am I supposed to tell who the good guys are?

Actually, just tell me what alliance I should join if I want to fight bad guys.

Thanks for your time. :D
[/quote]

Join Europa. We're neither good, nor bad. We just suck.

Since I didn't answer your questions fully, If you're looking for an alliance that stands up to the people in power NSO does a good job at that. If you want an alliance that helps get the little guys form being picked on there is Celestial Being. I think Avalon, NEAT and TMF do that well too.

Voted No.

They never did a thing to me as I only arrived in June 09.

I have read a lot of what they did do. That makes them bad? Or did they at least make the game what it is today? We'll see if the new people in charge can do more than make joke topics. Shoes...they are not filling them by a longshot.