Announcement from Supergrievances

Londo Mollari

[quote name='Lord Brendan' date='17 July 2010 - 12:33 PM' timestamp='1279384366' post='2375888']
No [i]important[/i] SG alliances condone tech raiding. :awesome:
[/quote]

I must have been dreaming the past couple weeks, which alliance was it again that had multiple run-ins with drama?

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='NationRuler' date='17 July 2010 - 10:45 AM' timestamp='1279381529' post='2375816']
Finally, seeing as no SG alliances condone tech raiding....
[/quote]
On the tech raiding thing, why was it that this past December, we almost saw a massive war over SF/C&G's willingness to defend \m/ over the issue of tech raiding? One can make arguments over how alliances will stand by friends, no matter what, but the implication of the confrontation was that an alliance with a SF/C&G member gives an alliance a free hand in how it chooses to conduct its business and that others will bleed for its mistakes.

Where's the accountability?

[quote name='Aurion' date='17 July 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1279384556' post='2375894']
I must have been dreaming the past couple weeks, which alliance was it again that had multiple run-ins with drama?
[/quote]

Legion. [img]http://cn-gondor.net/forums/Smileys/default/colbert.gif[/img]

[quote name='Jaymjaym' date='17 July 2010 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1279385349' post='2375927']
Legion. [img]http://cn-gondor.net/forums/Smileys/default/colbert.gif[/img]
[/quote]

A touch a touch, I do confess't!

[quote name='zzzptm' date='17 July 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1279385210' post='2375918']
On the tech raiding thing, why was it that this past December, we almost saw a massive war over SF/C&G's willingness to defend \m/ over the issue of tech raiding? One can make arguments over how alliances will stand by friends, no matter what, but the implication of the confrontation was that an alliance with a SF/C&G member gives an alliance a free hand in how it chooses to conduct its business and that others will bleed for its mistakes.

[/quote]

Almost? :huh:

Anyways, people make mistakes. That doesn't mean they need to die, it means they need to learn from their mistakes. How many alliances have been raided since then? And just as a side note, FoA remains a protectorate of The Corporation.

[quote name='NationRuler' date='17 July 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1279381529' post='2375816']
Finally, seeing as no SG alliances condone tech raiding....
[/quote]

Ahh yes, the classic "legal loophole" where the alliance puts it in their charter that it doesn't condone tech raiding, but then go about putting in the same charter the conditions for raiding without getting into trouble, thus condoning tech raiding under specific circumstances, but "not really".

Very droll. :smug:

When you people going to break up this gaggle? You already drank up the beer.

EDIT: Grammar FTW

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='zzzptm' date='17 July 2010 - 12:47 PM' timestamp='1279385210' post='2375918']

[/quote]

That was possibly one of the most ill-informed summaries of a war I've ever seen. The issue of defending \m/ came about not because of tech raiding, but because of one infinitely sized ego. I'd say the fact that the tech raid was 100% over, a protectorate signed and reps being given to FoA at the time of the Polar DoW paints a very different picture than you're trying to portray.

[quote name='Balder' date='17 July 2010 - 12:39 PM' timestamp='1279388354' post='2375991']
That was possibly one of the most ill-informed summaries of a war I've ever seen. The issue of defending \m/ came about not because of tech raiding, but because of one infinitely sized ego. I'd say the fact that the tech raid was 100% over, a protectorate signed and reps being given to FoA at the time of the Polar DoW paints a very different picture than you're trying to portray.
[/quote]
[color="#FF0000"]Say what you may, but Grub actually had the balls to "do something about it".I don't see that comming from any leader on any side of the treaty web.[/color]

[quote name='flak attack' date='17 July 2010 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1279389303' post='2376013']
Most of CnG allows tech raiding.
[/quote]
In his defense he was gone from Bob for quite some time so hes still trying to catch up

[quote]On the tech raiding thing, why was it that this past December, we almost saw a massive war over SF/C&G's willingness to defend \m/ over the issue of tech raiding?[/quote]
I, personally, wanted to defend \m/ but i dont recall any SF or C&G alliances posting a DoS for \m/ or PC..though i am known to miss such threads so if one was posted please link me to it

[quote name='DictatatorDan' date='17 July 2010 - 03:07 PM' timestamp='1279393639' post='2376099']
[color="#FF0000"]Say what you may, but Grub actually had the balls to "do something about it".I don't see that comming from any leader on any side of the treaty web.[/color]
[/quote]

You're right. Having the balls to do something about it... What exactly did they do? What exactly did they stop? If I wasn't mistaken, I'm rather sure the protectorate deal, peace agreement and subsequent reparation accords were signed by the Corporation, not the Emperor AlmightyGrub. I was unaware the war had [b]anything[/b] to do with the Forces of Annihilation. However, if you can show me your alliances' valiant efforts to actually effect the situation (before it was ended amicably and peacefully), I'll eat my words.

Edited by Balder

Grub had the balls to attack an ally of an ally (twice) and piss off nearly all of his allies. I guess his courage is commendable but misplaced. I mean I guess you have to give a guy credit for having courage if he jams a fork into his eyes. It may be courageous, it's not by any stretch of the imagination a smart thing to do.

Grub had the cojones to issue a (private) ultimatum to his [u]own treaty partner[/u] GOONS to "rectify the situation" after it had already been resolved to everyone's satisfaction, even the [i]raided party[/i].

The whole war was started by Grub's desire to attack \m/, nothing more, and he alienated his allies to do it.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='17 July 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1279406867' post='2376358']
Grub had the balls to attack an ally of an ally (twice) and piss off nearly all of his allies. I guess his courage is commendable but misplaced. I mean I guess you have to give a guy credit for having courage if he jams a fork into his eyes. It may be courageous, it's not by any stretch of the imagination a smart thing to do.
[/quote]
Such a wordsmith, Schattenmann would be jealous

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='18 July 2010 - 03:48 AM' timestamp='1279406867' post='2376358']
[/quote]

Probably the only time I will agree with you.