An Actual Apology from Kronos

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 01:14 AM' timestamp='1279170857' post='2372360']
[b]Yes, this helps.[/b] Considering what Valhalla gave up for you guys, this goes some way to making it seem like you actually care about them after all.
[/quote]

Since when are you a member of Valhalla?

Glad to see relations mended between two alliances I consider friends.

And so... life moves on.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='D34th' date='15 July 2010 - 07:13 AM' timestamp='1279174372' post='2372495']
You really thinks that an apology wasn't necessary? :huh:
[/quote]

Yes, I do think it was not necessary among friends, which Kronos and Val apparently are. Though I can see and understand why some would think it is. Reasonable minds can differ and all that.

Glad to see it worked out for those involved though, either way.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1279175274' post='2372519']
Reasonable minds can differ and all that.
[/quote]

Of course, but I'd like to know what you would do if an ally did that with VE?

[quote name='D34th' date='15 July 2010 - 07:31 AM' timestamp='1279175445' post='2372525']
Of course, but I'd like to know what you would do if an ally did that with VE?
[/quote]

Laugh, then get them back.

However, I wouldn't have hit peace (and dear god I'm not making a peace mode joke), so the situation would be a little different. If it cost me money the laughing would be a little less, and the harshness of getting them back would be a little more :x

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1279175631' post='2372529']

However, I wouldn't have hit peace (and dear god I'm not making a peace mode joke), so the situation would be a little different.
[/quote]

then you're an idiot, and for the sake of your alliance i hope you never look at being the target of an offensive war anytime in the near future.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 07:08 AM' timestamp='1279174063' post='2372482']
Kry, you really should know that by now. And this isn't the place to discuss it if you don't.
[/quote]

Then why bother to bring up whatever it is you're talking about?

''Hmm, I'm gonna say something in public, implying something which no-one seems to know about, then when asked, refuse to talk about it in the very place I felt it necessary to bring it up.'' Genius!

I'm glad to see this, I certainly feel it was required. It's a shame Vesa has been removed from gov, but I'm sure he'll continue to work hard for the alliance and to make amends with Valhalla.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='15 July 2010 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1279192978' post='2372693']
Then why bother to bring up whatever it is you're talking about?
[/quote]
Your inability to keep up with events that are posted about in public here on these forums and my desire to not take the thread offtopic are two different things. (Hi Mayzie :) )

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 02:34 AM' timestamp='1279175631' post='2372529']
I wouldn't have hit peace (and dear god I'm not making a peace mode joke), so the situation would be a little different.[/quote]

Levi was a bit more blunt than me on this subject, but combat tactics don't always seem obvious to an outsider. A warrior alliance assumes hostile intent, at least if it deserves to be called a warrior alliance, it will. The bottom line is that sneaking up behind a combat vet (particularly one like Valhalla that has seen heavy action) to surprise him as a joke is not a very good idea. GOD and GOONS were a couple of joke war decs from a significant NS decline and all this is a different kind of conversation.

The subject of this thread however is an apology from Kronos. Our government has graciously accepted that apology, one that I find sincere and heart felt. I look forward to moving past the incident and on to a better relationship between Kronos and Valhalla.

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 01:43 PM' timestamp='1279197776' post='2372745']
Your inability to keep up with events that are posted about in public here on these forums and my desire to not take the thread offtopic are two different things. (Hi Mayzie :) )
[/quote]

This was the first one I read today. Purple politics has never really interested me that much but I think I know what you're referring to now. [img]http://www.cn-liberationarmy.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 01:53 AM' timestamp='1279173166' post='2372451']
While I personally don't think an apology was necessary, that which you gave is respectful and in good taste. Disappointing to see that it resulted in Vesalius being removed though.
[/quote]

Kronos admitted it was a mistake, a greater mistake would have been to not do anything about it. Good show Kronos.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='15 July 2010 - 10:39 AM' timestamp='1279186761' post='2372642']
then you're an idiot, and for the sake of your alliance i hope you never look at being the target of an offensive war anytime in the near future.
[/quote]

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1279175631' post='2372529']

However, I wouldn't have hit peace ([size="4"][b]and dear god I'm not making a peace mode joke[/b][/size]), so the situation would be a little different. If it cost me money the laughing would be a little less, and the harshness of getting them back would be a little more :x
[/quote]

No, apparently you're the idiot. I hope for your sake you don't have a reading comprehension test in the near future.

I would have confronted GOD before and gotten a first hand grip on what was going on (which to my knowledge you did not do and if you did my money would be on the joke ending at that point and no one ever having to go into peace, but if you did that's a different story), after that I would have done the same thing as you, champ. I'm not insinuating you did anything at all wrong in regards to strategy or otherwise. Seriously, it's like you cant even say the words "peace mode" in a non derogatory fashion without people jumping on you like a pack of damn wolves.

Once again though, glad its resolved and good to see Kronos handle this respectfully.

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1279217795' post='2373178']
No, apparently [b]your[/b] the idiot. I hope for your sake you don't have a reading comprehension test in the near future.

[/quote]

The irony here kills me. Just saying.

[quote name='Ernesto Che Guevara' date='15 July 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1279218288' post='2373189']
The irony here kills me. Just saying.
[/quote]

Ah, thanks for the proofread buddy, there is a reason we have secretaries and paralegals. Someone has got to do the menial work, right?

It was pretty surprising that Kronos went through with all this in the first place. I thought that given what they were doing that they were planning on canceling on Valhalla after. Anyway glad it's settled, or at least moving towards being settled.

Edited by Sardonic

Really? That was hilarious and if Valhalla can't take the very minor financial hit from peace mode then they deserve to have this joke played on them as a lesson. (but really, Valhalla is competent enough to not be setback by this)

[quote name='Il Impero Romano' date='15 July 2010 - 02:16 PM' timestamp='1279217795' post='2373178']
I would have confronted GOD before and gotten a first hand grip on what was going on (which to my knowledge you did not do and if you did my money would be on the joke ending at that point and no one ever having to go into peace, but if you did that's a different story)[/quote]
This is off topic from the apology, however our Vice Regent did in fact try to speak with GOD as soon as we heard they might be involved. You've been very vocal about this whole situation without knowing all of the details, so maybe it's time we all just walked away from this now.

Noj, thank you for all of the time you've put into helping us sort this out, and for this gesture. :)