Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Liz Girard' date='14 July 2010 - 05:19 PM' timestamp='1279124378' post='2371061']
I don't recall a single Kronos member saying such.
[/quote]
You just publicly hailed those who did.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='14 July 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1279081689' post='2370331']
[b]You guys can come out of peace mode now.[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='Liz Girard' date='14 July 2010 - 05:29 AM' timestamp='1279081759' post='2370337']
o/
[/quote]

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Valhalla was so concerned about war they could have [i]asked[/i] Kronos whether or not this was a legitimate cancellation or not.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:30 AM' timestamp='1279125039' post='2371076']
You just publicly hailed those who did.
[/quote]

Except 1. That's not what Xiphosis said and 2. She wasn't even hailing it.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Aeternos Astramora' date='14 July 2010 - 12:07 PM' timestamp='1279123652' post='2371044']
I didn't know the "oA" in "MDoAP" stood for "optional Asshattery".

And before I get mislabeled as some sort of fire stoker or attack dog, I'll walk away from this affair now. As dio said, I'm not in the FA department for a good reason.
[/quote]
It didn't when we signed it, but as of right now I'm petitioning for a change :3

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
If Valhalla was so concerned about war they could have [i]asked[/i] Kronos whether or not this was a legitimate cancellation or not.
[/quote]

Even if they didn't, which nothing I've seen indicates, who is going to read a cancellation announcement and go "Hmm, I wonder if this is just a pile of !@#$?"

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='15 July 2010 - 12:31 AM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']

[/quote]

ahaha now that is a joke, good one

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 09:34 AM' timestamp='1279125252' post='2371085']
Even if they didn't, which nothing I've seen indicates, who is going to read a cancellation announcement and go "Hmm, I wonder if this is just a pile of !@#$?"
[/quote]

Clearly you can't read because that's what quite a few people were saying.

[quote name='nutkase' date='14 July 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1279125284' post='2371086']
ahaha now that is a joke, good one
[/quote]

I wasn't trying to be funny.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 08:50 AM' timestamp='1279122593' post='2371024']
So let me get this straight. You don't care about what MCXA thinks, but you care enough to post about it ? ...
:blink: ...
:smug:
[/quote]

He is willing to ridicule it. Derision does not equate to respect, you would do well to learn that.

Also, wipe that smug look off, it's unbecoming.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
[/quote]
They betrayed them in an attempt to humilate them publicly, why would they be honest with their treaty partner before their plan was completed. They [s]were [/s]are allies. [i]is this a joke or real[/i] is not on a list of things you ask your ally when they tell you war is coming and drop one of their treaties.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='14 July 2010 - 05:28 AM' timestamp='1279081689' post='2370331']
[*]Kronos for helping immensely and not stabbing me - without them it would've /never/ worked.
[/quote]

Edited by Alterego

Right and where did those words come out of my mouth or ANY Kronos members mouth?

"Don't forget the insult to injury entailed in the "Well, our allies wouldn't have taken any economic losses if they hadn't been such peace mode loving cowards, aha-aha-aha!" which naturally flowed out in this thread."

- Never said by any Kronos member.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
Except 1. That's not what Xiphosis said and 2. She wasn't even hailing it.
[/quote]
Well she certainly wasnt hailing a cab so it must have been the OP

Ok this was dubious from the start but it's definitely moved into the realm of IC politics so I'm going to move it. (Several of you were using OOC tags and everything!)

Please note that as of this post the thread is officially IC so you should follow the rules of the IC forums regarding 'real life' (what's that? :unsure: ), IRC and so forth.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:36 AM' timestamp='1279125356' post='2371092']
They betrayed them in an attempt to humilate them publicly, why would they be honest with their treaty partner before their plan was completed. They [s]were [/s]are allies. [i]is this a joke or real[/i] is not on a list of things you ask your ally when they tell you war is coming and drop one of their treaties.
[/quote]

It is when it comes straight out of the blue.

Look, I don't think I've ever seen someone cancel an MDP level treaty and in the same announcement tell them that they're going to declare war in five days. If I was Valhalla, I would have asked (or at least have [i]some[/i] communication with Kronos) instead of jumping into peace mode immediately.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:38 AM' timestamp='1279125483' post='2371095']
Well she certainly wasnt hailing a cab so it must have been the OP
[/quote]

Or she was hailing the joke because it was pretty !@#$@#$ funny.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:31 AM' timestamp='1279125061' post='2371079']
[/quote]
You seem to have, uh, missed the nature of the beast here. When people are posting fake treaty cancellations, falsifying CB related logs, and lying to as many of their other allies that ask... well, do you really think Valhalla got a lot of truthful responses in their information gathering efforts?

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Liz Girard' date='15 July 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1279125463' post='2371094']
Right and where did those words come out of my mouth or ANY Kronos members mouth?

"Don't forget the insult to injury entailed in the "Well, our allies wouldn't have taken any economic losses if they hadn't been such peace mode loving cowards, aha-aha-aha!" which naturally flowed out in this thread."

- Never said by any Kronos member.
[/quote]

The fact that you played a role in the humiliation really says enough.

[quote name='heggo' date='14 July 2010 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1279125756' post='2371101']
You seem to have, uh, missed the nature of the beast here. When people are posting fake treaty cancellations, falsifying CB related logs, and lying to as many of their other allies that ask... well, do you really think Valhalla got a lot of truthful responses in their information gathering efforts?
[/quote]

So did they ask or not?

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 08:22 AM' timestamp='1279110146' post='2370802']
Do you have any idea what hegemony even means? You are the hegemony, SG & cronies massively outnumber our small corner of the world and tonight they gave a clear demonstration of what they intend to do with that power.

You are a crap ally and a 1st rate backstabber. I hope to see them drop you in a manner fitting of your actions.
[/quote]

Yes, I get what the definition of hegemony is. I also get that the name of your side is hegemony. That's why I refer to you as such.

[quote]Screwing with an entire alliance's economy "because you can" is now considered to be appropriate? Oh how far we've come from the days when the NPO and its friends would....

Hmmm.

I'll just call this another nail in Karma's coffin and move on. [/quote]

I hope you're not serious. You, personally, have strong-armed people in the last few months. I forget the circumstances but I specifically remember you (and your bloc) being extremely aggressive towards an alliance. Then it turned out you were wrong. Please, spare us.

[quote] Knights of Ni was rolled for existing in neutrality and not being big enough to back their views up. [/quote]

Knights of Ni were tech raided for 1 day (GAs only) and then paid reps (reps they deserved). Sorry, but you can't start rewriting history yet!

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='15 July 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1279125841' post='2371104']
Treaties are often 'insta-cancelled' before a rolling. Take a look at the treaties held by GATO before the GATO-1V war, or heck, NPO before Karma.
[/quote]

Come on Bob, you cannot justify it with that.

You know this was wrong on every level.

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1279125587' post='2371097']
It is when it comes straight out of the blue.

Look, I don't think I've ever seen someone cancel an MDP level treaty and in the same announcement tell them that they're going to declare war in five days. If I was Valhalla, I would have asked (or at least have [i]some[/i] communication with Kronos) instead of jumping into peace mode immediately.[/quote]
I dont know what allies you have but I assume my allies arent lying when they say war is coming and make a post on the owf that gives it the appearance of being genuine. I certainly dont think they are trying to humilate us publicly.

[quote]Or she was hailing the joke because it was pretty !@#$@#$ funny.
[/quote]
She hailed the public humilation of an ally by her own alliance and another ally

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 July 2010 - 05:44 PM' timestamp='1279125871' post='2371105']
Yes, I get what the definition of hegemony is. I also get that the name of your side is hegemony. That's why I refer to you as such.
[/quote]
It wasnt the name it was their position. Only people who cant comprehend that continue to use the name.

[quote name='nutkase' date='14 July 2010 - 05:46 PM' timestamp='1279125972' post='2371107']
Come on Bob, you cannot justify it with that.

You know this was wrong on every level.
[/quote]
Uh, I think you're misreading me. I was responding to Damsky's assertion that he'd never seen a treaty cancelled and a threat of war in the same thread (that Alterego quoted below you). I certainly think that Kronos having a part in this joke is wrong, and also that the joke itself is very mean and (while amusing from the perspective of a historic enemy of Valhalla) shouldn't have been done.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1279126007' post='2371108']
I dont know what allies you have but I assume my allies arent lying when they say war is coming and make a post on the owf that gives it the appearance of being genuine. I certainly dont think they are trying to humilate us publicly.
[/quote]

Jesus christ you're paranoid. I don't think that Kronos and Valhalla were in some backroom plotting to humiliate Valhalla for !@#$% and giggles. It's Valhalla's own fault that they didn't ask Kronos first (communication, TRY IT!) and that they have an idiotic policy of sending everyone into peace mode before a war.

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 09:47 AM' timestamp='1279126007' post='2371108']
She hailed the public humilation of an ally by her own alliance and another ally
[/quote]

No...no she didn't. She never said "o/ Humiliating Valhalla!" she just said o/.

If Valhalla feels humiliated they can cancel. Even though it is their fault.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='14 July 2010 - 09:50 AM' timestamp='1279126193' post='2371114']
Uh, I think you're misreading me. I was responding to Damsky's assertion that he'd never seen a treaty cancelled and a threat of war in the same thread.
[/quote]

It's never seen it so blatant. And even if they completely believed the OP you would have thought the responses that say "I bet this is just a joke" would have given them a hint.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='14 July 2010 - 11:51 AM' timestamp='1279126250' post='2371115']
Even though it is their fault.
[/quote]

Yup. It's all Valhalla's fault for preparing themselves for a war that even their allies told them was coming. Xiphosis, GOD, and Kronos hold no responsibility whatsoever for causing the rumors about the war; after all, they were just.... bored. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 09:53 AM' timestamp='1279126395' post='2371116']
Yup. It's all Valhalla's fault for preparing themselves for a war that even their allies told them was coming. Xiphosis, GOD, and Kronos hold no responsibility whatsoever for causing the rumors about the war; after all, they were just.... bored. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Except their allies didn't tell them it was coming because...[b]they never asked[/b].