Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 July 2010 - 09:56 AM' timestamp='1279205744' post='2372875']
You have an interesting definition of the word 'logic'. Would you care to also give me your definition of 'unconditional surrender' too because I think it might match one I've heard recently....
[/quote]
It's pretty funny how you just critiqued his logic with a completely illogical non-sequitur.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 July 2010 - 09:54 AM' timestamp='1279205624' post='2372874']
Which explain the public outcry against your actions by members and government any number of alliances. Yes, 'without equal' is a good summary.
[/quote]
You would do well to note that we have not been harmed (diplomatically or otherwise) in the least by such "public outcry".

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='15 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1279206710' post='2372895']
You would do well to note that we have not been harmed (diplomatically or otherwise) in the least by such "public outcry".
[/quote]

I'm going to infer from this statement that you are not and have not previously been a government member. If you honestly think the rest of the world, including the parts of it that have previously been friendly or at least cordial with GOONS, is sitting back and going "Gee, now [i]that[/i]'s an alliance I'd like to treaty!", then nothing you say here holds any value whatsoever, because obviously, you're not well-enough versed in international politics to form an educated opinion on the matter.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='15 July 2010 - 10:21 AM' timestamp='1279207281' post='2372908']
I'm going to infer from this statement that you are not and have not previously been a government member. If you honestly think the rest of the world, including the parts of it that have previously been friendly or at least cordial with GOONS, is sitting back and going "Gee, now [i]that[/i]'s an alliance I'd like to treaty!", then nothing you say here holds any value whatsoever, because obviously, you're not well-enough versed in international politics to form an educated opinion on the matter.
[/quote]
Thanks for that, I needed a laugh.

Needless to say though, you are wrong, about a great many things.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='15 July 2010 - 10:26 AM' timestamp='1279207558' post='2372911']
This is the best post.

Needless to say though, you are wrong, about a great many things.
[/quote]

I do love it when people reply to me stating I'm wrong and don't bother to explain why. It makes them look like they can't do so.

All I'm saying is that when you flush your alliance down the toilet, don't be surprised if it gets !@#$ on it.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='15 July 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1279207834' post='2372916']
I do love it when people reply to me stating I'm wrong and don't bother to explain why. It makes them look like they can't do so.

All I'm saying is that when you flush your alliance down the toilet, don't be surprised if it gets !@#$ on it.
[/quote]

You're speaking to the leader of GOONS in Sardonic, and we've always been like this. Just because there are pansy crybaby emo alliances out there that poo their panties whenever we're involved in shenanigans doesn't mean that there aren't alliances out there that recognize our value.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1279209351' post='2372941']
You're speaking to the leader of GOONS in Sardonic, and we've always been like this. Just because there are pansy crybaby emo alliances out there that poo their panties whenever we're involved in shenanigans doesn't mean that there aren't alliances out there that recognize our value.
[/quote]

Ah, an explanation. And you'll find I never did state there weren't alliances that wouldn't still, erm, "recognize your value", merely that there aren't as many as there possibly were before. Which your apparently world affairs-challenged leader denied.

My sincerest apologies for being a no-humor stick-in-the-mud who believes shenanigans have no place in international politics. The next time we find ourselves in the middle of a pointless global war and someone asks me what sparked it, I'll have my answer: shenanigans.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 July 2010 - 07:39 AM' timestamp='1279193972' post='2372702']
You laughed because you were relieved not because it was funny. After a terrifying ordeal you laugh to relieve tension. Those who laughed loudest and longest were the most terrified.
[/quote]

Thank you for telling me how I felt. Could you analyze the reasons why I'm laughing now? It can't be terror, so I dunno.

Oh, it's you.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='15 July 2010 - 06:03 PM' timestamp='1279209771' post='2372952']
Ah, an explanation. And you'll find I never did state there weren't alliances that wouldn't still, erm, "recognize your value", merely that there aren't as many as there possibly were before. Which your apparently world affairs-challenged leader denied.

My sincerest apologies for being a no-humor stick-in-the-mud who believes shenanigans have no place in international politics. The next time we find ourselves in the middle of a pointless global war and someone asks me what sparked it, I'll have my answer: shenanigans.
[/quote]
You're assuming what we're doing is a mistake. To tell you the truth, we don't treaty people that don't get us. Call it a 'weeding out' of sorts. Feel free to be a 'stick in the mud' and call our leader 'world affairs-challenged' and form fragmented sentences, all to your heart's content. Global war didn't happen this time, so don't threaten it.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='15 July 2010 - 06:04 PM' timestamp='1279209879' post='2372955']
I don't know why people are still arguing here.

Was it a stupid thing to do? Yes, but it has been settled.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pen a magical tale of wonder and whatnot.
[/quote]
Will there be rainbows?

[quote name='NorthernLights' date='15 July 2010 - 06:05 PM' timestamp='1279209933' post='2372959']
Sign me up for the shenanigan war!
[/quote]
Don't joke about it, man...this is [i]not funny[/i]. Global war, man. Global war. :o

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 10:20 AM' timestamp='1279210831' post='2372984']
Don't joke about it, man...this is [i]not funny[/i]. Global war, man. Global war. :o
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll53/DoItNowLickItGood/emot-ohdear.png[/IMG]

You know talk like that scares the children...

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1279210831' post='2372984']
You're assuming what we're doing is a mistake. To tell you the truth, we don't treaty people that don't get us. Call it a 'weeding out' of sorts.
[/quote]

You know, that's perfectly fine by me. But there is zero reason why your fun, or Xiph's fun, or Vesa's fun, should have to come at the expense of someone, [i]anyone[/i], else. There is a rather thick and well-demarcated line between fun that hurts no one and fun that hurts someone. You crossed it, and this time, Valhalla got hurt. Maybe not badly, but that's hardly the point. The first GOONS learned that the results of stupid decisions come back in spades*. Don't think you're any better.

[indent][size="1"]*No, I wasn't actually around back then, deal with it.[/size][/indent]

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='15 July 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1279212258' post='2373025']
You know, that's perfectly fine by me. But there is zero reason why your fun, or Xiph's fun, or Vesa's fun, should have to come at the expense of someone, [i]anyone[/i], else. There is a rather thick and well-demarcated line between fun that hurts no one and fun that hurts someone. You crossed it, and this time, Valhalla got hurt. Maybe not badly, but that's hardly the point. The first GOONS learned that the results of stupid decisions come back in spades*. Don't think you're any better.

[indent][size="1"]*No, I wasn't actually around back then, deal with it.[/size][/indent]
[/quote]

Who drew this fabricated line you refer to? Who adheres to it? Also, let me 'deal' with your not being around back when the first GOONS was around. The stupid decision made by our govt. back then was on another level so far beyond what you're currently complaining about that you should feel quite foolish comparing the two. We [i]are[/i] better than the govt. of the first GOONS and have no desire to ragequit like the first one did (while sacrificing the rest of GOONS nations in the process).

[quote name='Viking' date='15 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1279209962' post='2372960']
Thank you for telling me how I felt. Could you analyze the reasons why I'm laughing now? It can't be terror, so I dunno.

Oh, it's you.
[/quote]
Now its bravado. You desperately want to try to look cool on front of the others. Being terrified is nothing to be ashamed about its perfectly natural. You dont need too try and act hard now to make up for it. I [s]cant [/s]wont think any less of you for filling your nappy. Did your knees knock too? it happens.

[quote name='Alterego' date='15 July 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1279213350' post='2373065']
Now its bravado. You desperately want to try to look cool on front of the others. Being terrified is nothing to be ashamed about its perfectly natural. You dont need too try and act hard now to make up for it. I [s]cant [/s]wont think any less of you for filling your nappy. Did your knees knock too? it happens.
[/quote]
Bravado? What should Viking be terrified about? Your fearsome power of the press?

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='15 July 2010 - 12:04 PM' timestamp='1279209879' post='2372955']
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go pen a magical tale of wonder and whatnot.
[/quote]

May I read it when you're finished?

[quote name='Taishaku' date='14 July 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1279165459' post='2372195']
250 million? I would say Valhalla is definitely justified in demanding more meaningful reparation, probably 50 tech to each member who entered Peace Mode. Do not forget, this little adventure probably disrupted virtually every tech trade in their alliance. The loss of income for trade/improvement swaps is probably negligible in comparison (less than 250 million, for sure, given only the 45 largest alliances entered Peace Mode).
[/quote]

They can demand reps from GOD and see what happens. I see no indications they will. The only ones crying for reps here are the peanut gallery, not Valhalla.

[quote name='Haflinger making himself look like an idiot'] <link>[/quote]

No no no no no no. Not so fast. You said they have attacked without a CB or lied about a CB to attack. Sending an alliance to try to disband your enemy [i]is[/i] a CB. The only argument you have is "well you didn't find out about it for a while so we're safe right!". You are trying to justify Valhalla's run to peace as "well, based on SG's past actions, rolling them for nothing is something they could realistically believe could happen." If Valhalla actually did spy, but a while ago, then sure, I see your point. Then maybe, based on the TPF war, there would be a reasonable expectation that we'd attack. But if they [i]didn't spy[/i] (and they didn't) then how would they look back at the TPF incident and take out of it that we'd attack them regardless? That's stupid. Now please, don't change the goalposts. Defend your point. Show me where we have declared war with no CB.

[quote]They weren't made up, but they didn't actually support any of the CB.

They pretty much set the precedent that you guys are OK with attacking people you don't like based on logs that suggest they might be plotting against you, and you call that spying.[/quote]

TPF admitted it. The CB was rock solid... just old.

Go away, Haflinger. It's not time to re-write history yet. Most of us still remember exactly what happened.

[quote]and then you guys stretch that into spying - AGAIN? [/quote]

[i]If they actually did launch a similar operation[/i], then yes I could see them getting worried. We didn't 'stretch' anything last time. We laid out the facts and then we rolled TPF.

[quote]
Yes, well, you'd fit right in with GOONS, too. My apologies for considering you one of them.
[/quote]

Oh, it's MvP! You, sir, are ridiculous.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='15 July 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1279216703' post='2373142']
Oh, it's MvP! You, sir, are ridiculous.
[/quote]

That's quite the compliment, coming from someone who thinks [i]this[/i] ridiculousness is justified. ;)

Damn, why did I miss this? Funny thread though.

Only thing I find sad is that it had to be Valhalla we played a joke on. I still think we could be great friends if we were on the same side. Please do find something to get back at us in a funny way. Playing Baps or Invicta now that would have been really after my taste.

[quote name='Vladimir' date='13 July 2010 - 11:36 PM' timestamp='1279082199' post='2370404']
Tell someone in a much weaker position than you that you're going to declare war on them, and they will probably prepare for war. Thank god we found this out. The world will never be the same. An ingenious experiment.
[/quote]
THIS. I feel I have learned so much about politicking from this experiment....

[quote name='Lamuella' date='14 July 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1279135890' post='2371327']
Quick, Zombie Glaucon! I hear that someone in another thread just mentioned going into peace mode in a disparaging way! Time for you to swing into action!
[/quote]

My ceaseless quest would be greatly aided by links, Lamuella. Encouragement is nice, but links help me get the job done.

[quote name='Rayvon' date='15 July 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1279203723' post='2372824']
You guys would think so, but tables turned you'd be bawling like little b$^#@es and screaming foul.
[/quote]
Yeah it seems you taught us a lot when you were here. ;)