Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='Pomiel' date='14 July 2010 - 11:24 PM' timestamp='1279171452' post='2372390']
Yeah I am. I know that my alliance wouldn't dive into peace mode against any odds. so yes. I'm making fun of them
[/quote]

That's outstanding. I look forward to seeing your tactics when you are vastly outnumbered and full scale nuclear. :)

Edited by Kryievla

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Haflinger' date='15 July 2010 - 08:02 AM' timestamp='1279173732' post='2372469']

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76885
[/quote]
You know, there is a difference between believing the evidence someone brings you, and making up evidence. Yes Zero Hour exaggerated the situation but they did have those handy Mhawk logs to back themselves up which were not in any way made up.

[quote name='D34th' date='14 July 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1279153932' post='2371856']
I invite everyone who are saying "It's just 5 days of peace mode, it doesn't hurt at all" to go into peace mode themselves.

Also it's funny to see Kronos members saying: "There were no intention to harm Valhalla or make them look ridiculous"
[/quote]

Actually when I was in R&R I had to send members to PM based on rumors Valhalla was going to attack us and it wasn't true.

Wasn't a joke though! After it was blown over we all had a good laugh at the situation.

[quote name='eyriq' date='15 July 2010 - 03:11 AM' timestamp='1279159874' post='2371995']
Good to see peace mode cycles catching on :awesome:
[/quote]
I actually seriously suggested it in Grämlins at one stage. If you have aligned aid cycles you can do it with no loss of aid capacity and only a marginal (the two days at -3) loss of collection.

[quote name='Viking' date='15 July 2010 - 07:01 PM' timestamp='1279191698' post='2372684']
Actually when I was in R&R I had to send members to PM based on rumors Valhalla was going to attack us and it wasn't true.

Wasn't a joke though! After it was blown over we all had a good laugh at the situation.
[/quote]

Though those rumours were a good guess not purposely made for certain people to have a giggle at you while you ran around placing nations in PM.

[quote name='Viking' date='15 July 2010 - 12:01 PM' timestamp='1279191698' post='2372684']

[/quote]
You laughed because you were relieved not because it was funny. After a terrifying ordeal you laugh to relieve tension. Those who laughed loudest and longest were the most terrified.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1279170468' post='2372345']
Don't get me wrong...this isn't something we would have pulled on our [i]own[/i] treaty partners, but Valhalla's even less cordial than the NSO to GOONS, so the whole situation is funny to us....especially the peace mode part. Also, if your intel sources are [i]that[/i] bad, you really should focus on getting new ones.
[/quote]

With comedy gold like this, why are you here commenting? Your talents are being wasted. Please, seek out a stage in your nation and do your stand up there. You'll make millions. :lol1:

[quote name='Taishaku' date='14 July 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1279165459' post='2372195']
250 million? I would say Valhalla is definitely justified in demanding more meaningful reparation, probably 50 tech to each member who entered Peace Mode. Do not forget, this little adventure probably disrupted virtually every tech trade in their alliance. The loss of income for trade/improvement swaps is probably negligible in comparison (less than 250 million, for sure, given only the 45 largest alliances entered Peace Mode).
[/quote]
Buying the roughly 5000 tech it would take to send 50 tech to each member of Valhalla is still less than 250m.

[quote name='Tulafaras' date='15 July 2010 - 05:11 AM' timestamp='1279185090' post='2372627']
You know, there is a difference between believing the evidence someone brings you, and making up evidence. Yes Zero Hour exaggerated the situation but they did have those handy Mhawk logs to back themselves up which were not in any way made up.
[/quote]
They weren't made up, but they didn't actually support any of the CB.

They pretty much set the precedent that you guys are OK with attacking people you don't like based on logs that suggest they might be plotting against you, and you call that spying. Considering the circumstances, would you expect Valhalla to take the chance that you guys had some logs from the Karma War indicating some hostility somewhere, and then you guys stretch that into spying - AGAIN?

I think the honorable thing to do for Kronos to Valhalla is to make the people/person that are/is responsible to this shameful act to resign his position and issue a public apology. I would do this if I truly value my allies.

Edited by Daimos

[quote name='Daimos' date='15 July 2010 - 06:49 AM' timestamp='1279201736' post='2372800']
I think the honorable thing to do for Kronos to Valhalla is to make the people/person that are/is responsible to this shameful act to resign his position and issue a public apology. I would do this if I truly value my allies.
[/quote]

That already happened.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1279170468' post='2372345']
Don't get me wrong...this isn't something we would have pulled on our [i]own[/i] treaty partners, but Valhalla's even less cordial than the NSO to GOONS, so the whole situation is funny to us....especially the peace mode part. Also, if your intel sources are [i]that[/i] bad, you really should focus on getting new ones.
[/quote]

It was more like you guys lying to your friends saying that you had a legitimate CB. Then your friends tell their friends that you had a legitimate CB. Then those friends tell us that you had a legitimate CB. And then sometime later, someone is like "no I just found out that it was a joke". That's basically what intelligence around here is; rumors being passed down the line and you hope to god that no one skewered the original statement. In this case, the rumor didn't change from the original, so it was good intel, just false because you guys lied to begin with.

It's not like we're using electronic warfare to obtain intelligence.

Edited by Jrenster

[quote name='Jrenster' date='15 July 2010 - 09:10 AM' timestamp='1279202993' post='2372812']
It was more like you guys lying to your friends
[/quote]
We did not lie to our friends, our friends were in on it the entire time. Any treaty partner who asked got the truth, and they respected our wish to keep the truth hidden until the time was right.

[quote name='sethb' date='14 July 2010 - 12:37 AM' timestamp='1279082214' post='2370405']
No, it's quite possibly the funniest !@#$ ever.
[/quote]

You guys would think so, but tables turned you'd be bawling like little b$^#@es and screaming foul.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 July 2010 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1279196367' post='2372727']
With comedy gold like this, why are you here commenting? Your talents are being wasted. Please, seek out a stage in your nation and do your stand up there. You'll make millions. :lol1:
[/quote]

HURR HURR HURR random pointless post. Keep up the good work, Hal. It's a pity you have no standards for yourself that you could try to exceed...just the same old posturing and slander.

[quote name='Uralica' date='14 July 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1279153330' post='2371835']
Xiph still sucks though, if only for briefly blueballing Aurion. :laugh:
[/quote]

Well, it wasn't so much blueballs as it was the fact that Kronos is one of my favorite alliances. So the prospect of a hate$%&@ nukefest with them wasn't especially appealing.

[quote name='Penkala' date='14 July 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1279158124' post='2371950']
I'm not in those alliances either and quite frankly, Xiph and I strongly agree on some things and on other things I have massive problems with his policies. You can ask Hoo and Goose and Delta if you doubt me on that.
[/quote]

Yes, well, you'd fit right in with GOONS, too. My apologies for considering you one of them.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1279170468' post='2372345']
[/quote]

Again with the "it's all Valhalla's fault!" !@#$%^&*. And, let me get this straight... you wouldn't do something like this to your own treaty partners, but doing it to some other alliance is A-OK? Dear God, what has happened to international diplomacy?

...oh, right, GOONS happened. Nevermind.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='15 July 2010 - 09:35 AM' timestamp='1279204529' post='2372847']
Again with the "it's all Valhalla's fault!" !@#$%^&*. And, let me get this straight... you wouldn't do something like this to your own treaty partners, but doing it to some other alliance is A-OK? Dear God, what has happened to international diplomacy?

...oh, right, GOONS happened. Nevermind.
[/quote]
It's not Valhalla's fault, we did a very good job of keeping the truth hidden after all. And of course we wouldn't do it to our treaty partners, we just really don't like Valhalla.

And I will have you know our interalliance diplomacy is without equal.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 10:30 AM' timestamp='1279204240' post='2372835']
HURR HURR HURR random pointless post. Keep up the good work, Hal. It's a pity you have no standards for yourself that you could try to exceed...just the same old posturing and slander.
[/quote]

You see, the problem is that your words don't merit thoughtful responses. You repeat the same buzzwords and phrases over and over in an effort to discredit me. They simply don't work.

Might I suggest something at this point? People around the halls of Valhalla generally had a neutral opinion of GOONS, some were favorable while a couple of us didn't particularly care for you or your style. You've now pissed the lot of us off. Go find another thread to play ball in. You've damaged your relations with any number of alliances at this point with your little "joke" and it isn't getting any better with you trading barbs with me or insulting Valhalla further.

[quote name='Aurion' date='15 July 2010 - 07:34 AM' timestamp='1279204480' post='2372845']
Well, it wasn't so much blueballs as it was the fact that Kronos is one of my favorite alliances. So the prospect of a hate$%&@ nukefest with them wasn't especially appealing.
[/quote]

I stand corrected. ;)

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 July 2010 - 04:48 PM' timestamp='1279205301' post='2372866']
You see, the problem is that your words don't merit thoughtful responses.
[/quote]

It's a good thing you're under that impression, one could imagine the difficulties you'd have to endure if you thought otherwise. I'll just keep posting my usual logic and point of view so you can just brush them off as 'buzzwords'. Just for you, chum.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='15 July 2010 - 10:40 AM' timestamp='1279204806' post='2372857']
And I will have you know our interalliance diplomacy is without equal.
[/quote]

Which explain the public outcry against your actions by members and government any number of alliances. Yes, 'without equal' is a good summary.

[quote name='nippy' date='15 July 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1279205506' post='2372869']
It's a good thing you're under that impression, one could imagine the difficulties you'd have to endure if you thought otherwise. I'll just keep posting my usual logic and point of view so you can just brush them off as 'buzzwords'. Just for you, chum.
[/quote]

You have an interesting definition of the word 'logic'. Would you care to also give me your definition of 'unconditional surrender' too because I think it might match one I've heard recently....

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='15 July 2010 - 04:54 PM' timestamp='1279205624' post='2372874']
Which explain the public outcry against your actions by members and government any number of alliances. Yes, 'without equal' is a good summary.
[/quote]

If it weren't for the public, where else would Valhalla cry? Yeah, our treaty partners are awesome and they're not stuck in peace mode right now, which is pretty cool. They're happy.