Declaration of War

Xiphosis

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1279143975' post='2371609']
But since there's some of the old Hegemony in SG and they are the Dominating force on CN doesn't that by traditional meaning, make you the new Hegemony?

Wait! but since there's some of the old Hegemony in the new, doesn't that make you the original Hegemony with some members kicked out and new members added in?
[/quote]
Ooh I bet you've been waiting so long to use that one that you didn't really bother to check if it responded to the post you quoted.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ktarthan' date='14 July 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1279144397' post='2371628']
Ooh I bet you've been waiting so long to use that one that you didn't really bother to check if it responded to the post you quoted.
[/quote]
I'm sorry but thats a bet you would've lost. Perhaps you should invest your money in something more worth while.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='14 July 2010 - 05:48 PM' timestamp='1279144077' post='2371613']
It was a BS move. yeah. It wasn't THAT bad though. We weren't "scared to death," we were preparing for war. We work fast, we expect that our enemies work as fast. We don't relax because we assume their incompetence. We "ran" to peace mode because it was smart. Not hitting the peace pipe meant leaving the entire alliance open to attack, THAT'S just plain stupid. It had nothing to do with the condition of our allies, it was a tactical decision made on the premise that if we were in the shoes of GOD and GOONS we would have attacked last night as soon as we saw Valhalla start hunkering down.
[/quote]
I think he slightly misused the word "scare" but I think his point was the "joke" did enough to spur Valhalla into action and prepare for war.

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='14 July 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1279143296' post='2371588']
i see a whole lot of people talking out their backsides.

Kronos and Valhalla are friends. Sometimes you do something douchetastic and hurt your friends. Now if we're talking about 13 yr old girls, then we go off crying and scream that we're never going to talk to each other again. Luckily, we're adults, and we're going to move on and make do with what's left. Will there be ramifications, yeah, there's a seed of mistrust planted now that wasn't in the picture before. That trust will need to be earned again, but that's between Kronos and Val, and is none of your business.

Yeah, we're pissed, but we aren't stupid. The people clamoring for Valhalla to declare, or do something rash need to sit down and think about the situation. How does splatting our membership against the SF/CnG war machine accomplish anything?

Anyways, as i ramble on here, Valhalla understands that this was a joke. One that got carried too far, but a joke none the less. Hell, we'd have gone in on it if we were given the option. I know that wouldn't please some of our allies, but it would have been harmless lulz if there wasn't a concrete victim. We can appreciate the humor even if we don't find it funny ourselves. The issues remaining will be resolved to the satisfaction of the alliances involved and not to the whim of the peanut gallery.
[/quote]

Why sir, how dare you come in here and post complete logic and sense, how dare you rob Alterego of the chance to cry like a consistent baby he is and come out with his conspiracy theories, how dare you be rational and think rational. shame on you, big props for you for being rational and seeing it for what it was and dealing with it in the correct way. [Thumbs-up]

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1279145170' post='2371645']
Why sir, how dare you come in here and post complete logic and sense, how dare you rob Alterego of the chance to cry like a consistent baby he is and come out with his conspiracy theories
[/quote]
Nobody stopped me doing anything and this actually was a conspiracy.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1279145170' post='2371645']
Why sir, how dare you come in here and post complete logic and sense, how dare you rob Alterego of the chance to cry like a consistent baby he is and come out with his conspiracy theories, how dare you be rational and think rational. shame on you, big props for you for being rational and seeing it for what it was and dealing with it in the correct way. [Thumbs-up]
[/quote]

This wasn't aimed at Alterego or anyone specifically, but at what amounts to every third poster who proclaimed what Valhalla needs to do or should have done.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='14 July 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1279145031' post='2371642']
I'm sorry but thats a bet you would've lost. Perhaps you should invest your money in something more worth while.
[/quote]
Oh, so then you [i]did[/i] realize that your semantical nonsense didn't have anything to do with the post you quoted other than the topic of the hegemony and SG, but chose to post it anyways. Thanks for lowering my opinion of your post!

[quote name='Alterego' date='14 July 2010 - 11:16 PM' timestamp='1279145792' post='2371663']
Nobody stopped me doing anything and this actually was a conspiracy.
[/quote]

No that's right you wont stop, even though Valhalla have dealt with it in a fashion they deem fit. Because it would deny you the chance to bleat on more and cry.

If you are unhappy with the outcome, unhappy with the fact Valhalla have dealt with it, go take your nation and alliance buddies and DoW on GOD/GOONS/Kronos. Really please do!

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='14 July 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1279145949' post='2371668']
This wasn't aimed at Alterego or anyone specifically, but at what amounts to every third poster who proclaimed what Valhalla needs to do or should have done.
[/quote]

Whether it was aimed at him or not is not my concern. What I was interested in was the fact that you viewed the situation and dealt with it and posted in a rational manner.

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 05:31 PM' timestamp='1279143065' post='2371583']
I'll bite. De Profundis was one. What was the second? I've really touched a nerve with you, haven't I? LOL, this kinda stuff puts fuel in my gas tank.
[/quote]

Fighting alongside Karma would be the second, I assume.

[quote name='BlkAK47002' date='15 July 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1279143975' post='2371609']
But since there's some of the old Hegemony in SG and they are the Dominating force on CN doesn't that by traditional meaning, make you the new Hegemony?

Wait! but since there's some of the old Hegemony in the new, doesn't that make you the original Hegemony with some members kicked out and new members added in?
[/quote]
Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about!

[quote name='ktarthan' date='14 July 2010 - 06:21 PM' timestamp='1279146045' post='2371672']
Oh, so then you [i]did[/i] realize that your semantical nonsense didn't have anything to do with the post you quoted other than the topic of the hegemony and SG, but chose to post it anyways. Thanks for lowering my opinion of your post!
[/quote]
Touchy subject?

I'd really rather not continue this with you but the fact that you seem a little confrontational tells me that you won't let this go. The fact that his entire post was comparing SG and Hegemony with a sarcastic tone as was mine make them the perfect match no?

Since I don't want to derail the thread I'll leave it at that but, since something tells me you won't I'll be happy to continue this in private.

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1279146251' post='2371678']
No that's right you wont stop, even though Valhalla have dealt with it in a fashion they deem fit. Because it would deny you the chance to bleat on more and cry.

If you are unhappy with the outcome, unhappy with the fact Valhalla have dealt with it, go take your nation and alliance buddies and DoW on GOD/GOONS/Kronos. Really please do!
[/quote]

Could you please do everyone a favor and stop repeatedly calling out alterego in every thread? It's getting a little overused, and quite frankly, I think I see a tear coming on along with that clenched fist you have.

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/23itcg1.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Desperado' date='14 July 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1279148050' post='2371719']
Could you please do everyone a favor and stop repeatedly calling out alterego in every thread? It's getting a little overused, and quite frankly, I think I see a tear coming on along with that clenched fist you have.

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/23itcg1.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]

O'RLY every thread? somehow I think that is quite incorrect. Every thread he posts in I call him out? Did you really just say that? You were being funny and trying to look cool? It certainly is not factual and correct. Nice try though. I guess maybe if Alterego stopped posting complete !@#$ then whoever calls him out might stop?

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1279148392' post='2371726'] I guess maybe if Alterego stopped posting complete !@#$ then whoever calls him out might stop?
[/quote]

Lulz, maybe Desp was right, and you just can't help yourself. :D

[quote name='Hiro Nakara' date='14 July 2010 - 07:00 PM' timestamp='1279148392' post='2371726']
O'RLY every thread? somehow I think that is quite incorrect. Every thread he posts in I call him out? Did you really just say that? You were being funny and trying to look cool? It certainly is not factual and correct. Nice try though. I guess maybe if Alterego stopped posting complete !@#$ then whoever calls him out might stop?
[/quote]

Just keep telling yourself that. You will just keep proving my point.

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/i6xqwn.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='15 July 2010 - 12:04 AM' timestamp='1279148657' post='2371732']
Lulz, maybe Desp was right, and you just can't help yourself. :D
[/quote]

Ohhhh how wrong you are, a simple check of the threads he posts in would prove that wrong. But don't let that get in the way of a cool story. The simple fact is the joke was distasteful. But the reaction is certainly funny. I'm glad Valhalla sees it as a joke and has taken it that way. Are you being compensated for the troubles?

Pm me the details Desperado of me hounding him and calling him out in every thread, really please do! I doubt you could though ;)

Edited by Hiro Nakara

[quote name='NearX' date='14 July 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1279148799' post='2371736']
I found it funny, wish I was around at the time
[/quote]

Hey, someone who's not in GOD, GOONS, Kronos, or MK who think's it's funny. Also someone who has obviously not thought it through for more than thirty-five seconds. I'm sure you'd find it [i]enormously[/i] funny if Guru Order lost proportionally as much money as Valhalla did due to this.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 06:13 PM' timestamp='1279149202' post='2371746']
Hey, someone who's not in GOD, GOONS, Kronos, or MK who think's it's funny. Also someone who has obviously not thought it through for more than thirty-five seconds. I'm sure you'd find it [i]enormously[/i] funny if Guru Order lost proportionally as much money as Valhalla did due to this.
[/quote]
I hate to burst your bubble but the vast majority of our allies thought this was hilarious.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='14 July 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1279149409' post='2371751']
I hate to burst your bubble but the vast majority of our allies thought this was hilarious.
[/quote]
Oh, sorry. I have a tendency to lump anyone who would associate with the likes of GOONS in with them, since, as proven by the fact they find this funny, they're obviously not any better.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='14 July 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1279150287' post='2371769']
Oh, sorry. I have a tendency to lump anyone who would associate with the likes of GOONS in with them, since, as proven by the fact they find this funny, they're obviously not any better.
[/quote]
Well, I don't really blame [i]anyone[/i] for not being any better than GOONS. It's kind of hard to do. :smug:

[quote name='Kryievla' date='14 July 2010 - 01:21 PM' timestamp='1279138895' post='2371427']
This.

It is a testament to the strength of our relationship, that we fell for it in the first place. A judgment in error was made. This will be worked out precisely because of that same strength of relationship.

o/ Kronos
[/quote]

Hey, if Kry can forgive, I have no place ragging on anyone with any seriousness anymore. ( :wub: Kry :wub: )

Xiph still sucks though, if only for briefly blueballing Aurion. :laugh: