Declaration of War

Xiphosis

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='the dakotans' date='14 July 2010 - 02:50 PM' timestamp='1279082992' post='2370458']
So Kronos basically plays this joke on Valhalla a MdoaP partner to try and get them to go to peace mode, which in turn causes them economic penalties.

With friends like that....
[/quote]

Exactly. You took the words right out of my mouth.

yep you got us, congrats.

We weren't completely sold until Vesalius came in though. Kudos there.

Once sold we could only assume CnG and SF were using GOONS to fabricate a summer war. We did really expect no better from GOONS and GOD. We do think that little of you. In our own shoes, we would have started attacking several hours ago, and rather than try to fight on "your" terms, we sent our people into peace mode so as to give ourselves options later on. To do anything different would have been irresponsible.

We know you're a dick, Xiph. Everyone knows it. Why should we expect anything different from you.

We didn't see it coming from an ally we trusted. Poor show, Vesa.

I think a lot of us were pretty sure that Valhalla would never spy (they're not that kind of people) and that the GOONS CB on Valhalla was crap but thought that it didn't matter if the CB was real or not, because GOD and GOONS would and could hit Valhalla for no reason at all if their allies let them.

Sure, you can laugh all you want that people bought it, but perhaps you should also look at yourselves and how you are perceived by others. If a member of MK government bought the hoax, what does that say about their perception of you?

Edit: tired, typing fail

Edited by Duncan King

[quote name='Duncan King' date='13 July 2010 - 11:58 PM' timestamp='1279083468' post='2370473']
I think a lot of us were pretty sure that Valhalla would never spy (they're not that kind of people)
[/quote]

On top of that, if you were going to spy, would you really spy on GOONS? They're just not that important.

[quote name='Stetson' date='14 July 2010 - 12:49 AM' timestamp='1279082962' post='2370454']
Unless, they don't expect anything more from GOONS and GOD?
[/quote]
If such is what one expects from GOD then they have not been paying attention in the slightest.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='14 July 2010 - 12:58 AM' timestamp='1279083468' post='2370473']
snip
[/quote]

I hear that MT was a little less (or possibly more) than sober.

Also because this really can't be emphasized enough, $%&@ you Xiph :|

[quote name='Lord Levistus' date='14 July 2010 - 05:56 AM' timestamp='1279083396' post='2370468']
yep you got us, congrats.

We weren't completely sold until Vesalius came in though. Kudos there.

Once sold we could only assume CnG and SF were using GOONS to fabricate a summer war. We did really expect no better from GOONS and GOD. We do think that little of you. [b]In our own shoes, we would have started attacking several hours ago[/b], and rather than try to fight on "your" terms, we sent our people into peace mode so as to give ourselves options later on. To do anything different would have been irresponsible.

We know you're a dick, Xiph. Everyone knows it. Why should we expect anything different from you.

We didn't see it coming from an ally we trusted. Poor show, Vesa.
[/quote]

Err...no you wouldn't have, you would have hit peace mode like you always do, offensive or defensive. Like in Karma, peace mode long before the offensive. Really, its always peace mode with you guys.

(which is why no one should complain that the joke resulted in peace mode, seeing as that odd tenancy is entirely your own doing)

Edited by Il Impero Romano

[quote name='Aurion' date='14 July 2010 - 06:01 AM' timestamp='1279083700' post='2370486']
I hear that MT was a little less (or possibly more) than sober.

Also because this really can't be emphasized enough, $%&@ you Xiph :|
[/quote]
for the record, im completly wasted, heard it was a joke, wasnt impressed and acted like a dick until it ended.

I currently regret nothing, we shall see what the morning brings?

[quote name='Peggy_Sue' date='13 July 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1279082600' post='2370437']
Xiphosis, how did you measure the extent of the rumor's progress around the world?
[/quote]

16 allies. Not treaties, allies. You hear everything. This included. Plus GOONS and Kronos coordinated it with me, and some [Impero, SF, Londo, Roquentin] were in on it and would PM me when particularly funny things got said.

[quote]How did you determine when it was time to say "GOTCHA"?[/quote]

When MT got hammered and told pez, and pez stopped wanting to have my babies.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='14 July 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1279084085' post='2370498']
16 allies. Not treaties, allies. You hear everything. This included. Plus GOONS and Kronos coordinated it with me, and some [Impero, SF, Londo, Roquentin] were in on it and would PM me when particularly funny things got said.

When MT got hammered and told pez, and pez stopped wanting to have my babies.
[/quote]

You made me think I was about to have a war with Valhalla and then it wasn't true! I was foaming at the mouth over a three year old feud in a text based cyberverse. I thought you had come to save me from myself. :(

GOONS weren't quite convincing enough on their own with their vague angry queries adding up to "you know what you did." Vesa definitely sold it. Making a thread here just to say he was canceling on GOD to back us up, yep, he got us. Sure glad we're such good friends.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='13 July 2010 - 11:28 PM' timestamp='1279081689' post='2370331']
[b]Late last night, out of boredom[/b], I asked babyjesus if he thought I could get someone to hit DEFCON 1 or Peace Mode on rumors alone. He wasn't convinced, but I thought about it some more. As most who use IRC are aware of, if there's a rumor, the stuff gets around. Fast. I ran over some potential stories I could tell that people might buy, and mulled it over with Londo and Vesalius to see what we could pull off. We eventually settled on GOD/GOONS rolling Valhalla for spying on GOONS. We knew Valhalla would fall for it because GOD/GOONS are perceived as reckless and the type to use a weak CB. Apparently so, since the CB was entirely fabricated. As was the Kronos/GOD split. [b]Ves and me were laughing our heads off in a channel[/b] while we had that query. The cancelation is fake. The war is fake. To be quite honest, I just wanted to see how gullible the rumor mill really was.

Props go out to:
[list]
[*]GOONS for being good sports
[*]Kronos for helping immensely and not stabbing me - without them it would've /never/ worked.
[*]All my allies who've been query bombed over this. And their allies. And Pez. Sorry, will you still have my babies? We could make hateful offspring.
[*]Everyone who kept this quiet.
[*]And Valhalla, who I hope will take this in the spirit it was intended; a joke.
[/list]

You guys can come out of peace mode now.
[/quote]

Called it: [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=88988&view=findpost&p=2370259"]SEE HERE[/url]

Many others called this nonsense also. Here's to months of peace and more stupid pointless stunts like this. :facepalm:

[quote name='Ardus' date='14 July 2010 - 12:01 AM' timestamp='1279083653' post='2370482']
If such is what one expects from GOD then they have not been paying attention in the slightest.
[/quote]

Well, clearly even GOD thinks this of themselves, or they never would have expected this to work.

[quote name='Corinan' date='14 July 2010 - 12:05 AM' timestamp='1279083941' post='2370495']
I really can't believe we almost treatied Kronos. Why did you decide to screw over your treaty partner like that?
[/quote]
Good timing on this, though. If it came but a few days later, we might not have been so lucky.

Edited by heggo