Announcement from Gopher Roll

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='President S O' date='14 July 2010 - 11:39 AM' timestamp='1279071546' post='2369971']
Well, at least this gives other alliances some hope that someone will blow this out of proportion and start a war. :P

It's been done before...
[/quote]

If only I had the keys to the car... but they took them away..!@#$%^&*

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 08:19 PM' timestamp='1279070351' post='2369950']
How delightful. You Valhallans just don't know when to quit, do you?
[/quote]

Sardonic, if I may make a recommendation: Instead of posting on the forums about how you're in the process of reaching peace with me, how about actually you yourself or one of your subordinates messaging me to work out said peace? To date I have heard not a word from any of you since the most recent attack, and I'd be an idiot to accept the peace offer when history tells me all it will do is open another slot for another GOONS member to jump on board. I want a meaningful peace as much as you claim to, but I have to, you know, be involved in that discussion for it to happen.

As for NEW and all tech raiders, my official stance is this:

Tech raiding is a form of barbarism and indecency that has somehow remained alive in the bowels of certain otherwise respectable CN alliances up until the present. It is dehumanizing to the victim nation and its owner and rarely provides anything but marginal growth for the aggressor at the expense of significant damage and economic turmoil for the victim. The typical tech raid generally consists of the following:

1) A declaration of war against a nation generally unable to provide adequate resistance to attack, and preferably one already in anarchy or with a depleted military.

2) A blitzed pair of ground attacks against this nation, which loot about 10-11 tech combined while often sending the nation into anarchy if it's not already there, and destroying a not insignificant level of infrastructure as well.

3) A peace offer.

While #s 1 and 2 are of questionable morality in their own right, it is #3 that I have the most problem with. Because if the victim nation accepts this peace offer, it is tacitly accepting the criminal actions of the aggressor and the right of the aggressor to rob the victim. If the peace offer is not accepted, [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboythreat.jpg"]the aggressor takes this as permission to continue ground attacks to assail the victim further[/url]. If the victim goes so far as to defend him or herself with military action against the aggressor, the aggressor then unloads a full barrage against the victim and often claims "Here's the war you wanted."

The problem with this is that war is war. If a nation declares war, that is what it has done. Some will claim that tech raids aren't "real" wars and aren't in that kind of spirit, but I'm sorry - a declaration of war, by definition, is inherently hostile.

So when NEW accuses me of wanting war after it attempts to gangbang me into oblivion, I look [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboywar.jpg"]here[/url] and chuckle at the poor logic. When they claim I'm [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/BadboyEnglish.jpg"]being unreasonable and that they're just following rules[/url], I assert that no alliance has authority to make a rule which deprives me of my intrinsic right to exist unmolested. And when they claim they've offered a meaningful peace, I [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboybribe.jpg"]look at their bribe demands and shake my head[/url].

Make no mistake: NEW has declared war on myself and the NAAC and its legacy, and until a peace can be reached that treats myself, the most valiant and loyal Gopherbashi, and what we stand for with the most basic respect due to any persons or ideals, NEW will never leave this conflict.

I eagerly await meaningful discussions with both NEW and GOONS on their respective wars to approach this end. Thank you.

[quote name='LordChozo' date='13 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1279073402' post='2370003']
Sardonic, if I may make a recommendation: Instead of posting on the forums about how you're in the process of reaching peace with me, how about actually you yourself or one of your subordinates messaging me to work out said peace? To date I have heard not a word from any of you since the most recent attack, and I'd be an idiot to accept the peace offer when history tells me all it will do is open another slot for another GOONS member to jump on board. I want a meaningful peace as much as you claim to, but I have to, you know, be involved in that discussion for it to happen.

As for NEW and all tech raiders, my official stance is this:

Tech raiding is a form of barbarism and indecency that has somehow remained alive in the bowels of certain otherwise respectable CN alliances up until the present. It is dehumanizing to the victim nation and its owner and rarely provides anything but marginal growth for the aggressor at the expense of significant damage and economic turmoil for the victim. The typical tech raid generally consists of the following:

1) A declaration of war against a nation generally unable to provide adequate resistance to attack, and preferably one already in anarchy or with a depleted military.

2) A blitzed pair of ground attacks against this nation, which loot about 10-11 tech combined while often sending the nation into anarchy if it's not already there, and destroying a not insignificant level of infrastructure as well.

3) A peace offer.

While #s 1 and 2 are of questionable morality in their own right, it is #3 that I have the most problem with. Because if the victim nation accepts this peace offer, it is tacitly accepting the criminal actions of the aggressor and the right of the aggressor to rob the victim. If the peace offer is not accepted, [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboythreat.jpg"]the aggressor takes this as permission to continue ground attacks to assail the victim further[/url]. If the victim goes so far as to defend him or herself with military action against the aggressor, the aggressor then unloads a full barrage against the victim and often claims "Here's the war you wanted."

The problem with this is that war is war. If a nation declares war, that is what it has done. Some will claim that tech raids aren't "real" wars and aren't in that kind of spirit, but I'm sorry - a declaration of war, by definition, is inherently hostile.

So when NEW accuses me of wanting war after it attempts to gangbang me into oblivion, I look [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboywar.jpg"]here[/url] and chuckle at the poor logic. When they claim I'm [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/BadboyEnglish.jpg"]being unreasonable and that they're just following rules[/url], I assert that no alliance has authority to make a rule which deprives me of my intrinsic right to exist unmolested. And when they claim they've offered a meaningful peace, I [url="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboybribe.jpg"]look at their bribe demands and shake my head[/url].

Make no mistake: NEW has declared war on myself and the NAAC and its legacy, and until a peace can be reached that treats myself, the most valiant and loyal Gopherbashi, and what we stand for with the most basic respect due to any persons or ideals, NEW will never leave this conflict.

I eagerly await meaningful discussions with both NEW and GOONS on their respective wars to approach this end. Thank you.
[/quote]

So you're the guy Gopher keeps defending.Now I gotta ask, why have you stayed in the NAAC all these years?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='13 July 2010 - 09:14 PM' timestamp='1279073633' post='2370005']
So you're the guy Gopher keeps defending.Now I gotta ask, why have you stayed in the NAAC all these years?
[/quote]

Why hasn't anyone else?

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='14 July 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1279074145' post='2370017']
Touche, but I think it has something to do with this

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=64609
[/quote]

Lies, all lies.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='13 July 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1279074145' post='2370017']
Touche, but I think it has something to do with this

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=64609
[/quote]
I don't think he meant it as a retort but more of his single-handedly determination on keeping NAAC alive through his loyalty, even if NAAC was officially disbanded by it's leadership.

LordChozo, you my good sir deserve a hail for undying loyalty to the NAAC

o/ LordChozo

[quote name='LordChozo' date='13 July 2010 - 09:10 PM' timestamp='1279073402' post='2370003']
Sardonic, if I may make a recommendation: Instead of posting on the forums about how you're in the process of reaching peace with me, how about actually you yourself or one of your subordinates messaging me to work out said peace? To date I have heard not a word from any of you since the most recent attack, and I'd be an idiot to accept the peace offer when history tells me all it will do is open another slot for another GOONS member to jump on board. I want a meaningful peace as much as you claim to, but I have to, you know, be involved in that discussion blablablabla
[/quote]
I'm not reading all that, he should have sent a peace offer, if he didn't, send him one, he will accept it.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 09:37 PM' timestamp='1279075056' post='2370050']
I'm not reading all that, he should have sent a peace offer, if he didn't, send him one, he will accept it.
[/quote]

He sent a peace offer, and I explained why it is as of yet unaccepted by myself. But you declined to read said explanations, which does nothing to heal the rift between us. If you can't be personally bothered with little old me, do me the service of putting another government official on the job. Otherwise I can only assume you are indeed working toward a goal of indefinite hostility.

[quote name='LordChozo' date='13 July 2010 - 09:44 PM' timestamp='1279075424' post='2370089']
He sent a peace offer, and I explained why it is as of yet unaccepted by myself. But you declined to read said explanations, which does nothing to heal the rift between us. If you can't be personally bothered with little old me, do me the service of putting another government official on the job. Otherwise I can only assume you are indeed working toward a goal of indefinite hostility.
[/quote]
Stop being a baby and accept the peace offer, sheesh.

Absolutely not. You have given me zero reason to believe that doing so will result in anything but further attacks against myself. In fact, I was just hit with two spy operations ten minutes before this reply. I won't accuse GOONS of lowering my tax rate because I can't prove it, but I'm no fool either. Unless you wish to negotiate in public, I highly recommend opening private channels.

[quote name='LordChozo' date='13 July 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1279077726' post='2370169']
Absolutely not. You have given me zero reason to believe that doing so will result in anything but further attacks against myself. In fact, I was just hit with two spy operations ten minutes before this reply. I won't accuse GOONS of lowering my tax rate because I can't prove it, but I'm no fool either. Unless you wish to negotiate in public, I highly recommend opening private channels.
[/quote]
Mistakes were made, you were on the no attack list and all that and the member attacked anyway, he has since been disciplined. There is no reason at all to suspect anyone else will fail to read the no-attack list. Now if you would please stop loitering in his offensive war slot. We need all of our offensive war slots open, as soon as possible.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1279078168' post='2370183']
Mistakes were made, you were on the no attack list and all that and the member attacked anyway, he has since been disciplined.
[/quote]

Since you admitted this, how hard is it for you to offer LordChozo reps? (Hint: not very)

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 10:29 PM' timestamp='1279078168' post='2370183']
Mistakes were made, you were on the no attack list and all that and the member attacked anyway, he has since been disciplined. There is no reason at all to suspect anyone else will fail to read the no-attack list. Now if you would please stop loitering in his offensive war slot. We need all of our offensive war slots open, as soon as possible.
[/quote]

The offensive slots will be opened the moment I receive full reparations for the last two attackers. The first two GOONS assaults have already been taken care of in terms of peace, and are non-issues to me at this point. The reps I ask for for the most recent two attackers (one of whom prefaced his tech raid with a full bombing campaign) are a combined 20 tech (only what was stolen from me - rounded down, even) and $8 million (3 mil for each attacker's attacks and the additional 2 for refreshing my anarchy whilst I was already at nuclear war with NEW).

OK, here's the situation :

1. Badboy Raid CHozo
2. Badboy offered peace several times even before gopher Dow on him
3. Chozo keep rejected the peace offer
4. Chozo sent PM's to badboy that this will be a long days wars and badboy wont get peace
5. Badboy Cries every night knowing that he wont get peace
6. Gopher DOw on Badboy
7. NEW dont thinks that's a problem
8. NEW nations DOw and nuke gopher
9. Gopher Post this on OWF and all gopher friends Support him
10. NEW is fine with this situation :)

have a good day gentleman, and we're sorry if we probably would just ignores this thread because we dont have enough E-lawyers atm..

and btw, the #5 are a joke :D

cheers..

[quote name='gantanX' date='13 July 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1279079794' post='2370265']

1. Badboy Raid CHozo
4. Chozo sent PM's to badboy that this will be a long days wars and badboy wont get peace
6. Gopher DOw on Badboy

have a good day gentleman, and we're sorry if we probably would just ignores this thread because we dont have enough E-lawyers atm..

cheers..
[/quote]

As I previously stated, you should not be raiding that AA. I am quite literal when I say half the cyberverse is looking out for it. Bad show on you NEW. Even GOONS have this AA on their no raid list.

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='14 July 2010 - 02:25 AM' timestamp='1279067120' post='2369867']
Actually there is still a GOONS nation on LordChozo. He declared soon after this announcement was made.

So much for diplomacy. Real classy. <_<
[/quote]

War Declaration Date: 7/12/2010 6:54:32 PM

How's that calendar working out for you, Hal?

[quote name='gantanX' date='13 July 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1279079794' post='2370265']

1. Badboy Raid CHozo
6. Gopher DOw on Badboy

cheers..
[/quote]

You missed the part about Badboy demanding $3 million and 50 tech from me to accept the peace offer I sent him, before he sent any of his own. I posted the screen in a link before, but perhaps it will be more damning in an embedded form:
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/Badboybribe.jpg[/img]

You also missed the part in which I said I was more than happy to accept peace if only reps were given for Badboy's attacks that he made after he rejected my peace offer.

Keep spinnin' it your way, NEW. Facts are facts.

Funniest of all is this message I sent to fraust, after he declared on me as well:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/fraustpeaceoffer.jpg[/img]

And his latest response:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/LordChozo/CyberNations/F-Nuke.jpg[/img]

You guys stay classy.

[quote name='gantanX' date='13 July 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1279079794' post='2370265']

1. Badboy Raid CHozo
6. Gopher DOw on Badboy

cheers..
[/quote]

NEW government endorsement of attacks duly noted.