Announcement from Gopher Roll

[center][img]http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/7307/gopherflagshadow.png[/img][img]http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1834/naacwave.png[/img]

[size="6"][b]Announcement from Gopher Roll[/b][/size][/center]

Five days ago, the ruler Badboy of the Nusantara Elite Warriors declared war upon a friend and long-standing ally of Gopher Roll, taking advantage of an ongoing GOONS attack against him in an effort to score some easy tech from an outnumbered victim. While the offensive from GOONS was - at the time - solved diplomatically, the Nusantara Elite Warriors threatened our ally LordChozo with destruction unless he agreed to pay them blood money, and declared two further wars against him. This was an unfortunate development, as I had quite a deal of respect for the Nusantara Elite Warriors prior to this incident. I am disappointed to discover that this respect seems to have been misplaced.

Forty-eight hours ago - seeing as the Nusantara Elite Warriors had rejected any legitimate efforts at diplomacy - the forces of Gopher Roll began hostilities against the offending nation, informing him at the time that our terms for a cessation of hostilities were an honourable peace for LordChozo; one that recognised the damages done to his nation. Rather than cutting their losses and avoiding further damage, the Nusantara Elite Warriors chose to ensure continued damage to themselves by sending a further two nations against our forces.

It is also unfortunate that the forces opposing us chose to initiate nuclear hostilities against Gopher Roll early yesterday morning, and against LordChozo one day later. While I might normally make some diplomatic statement in regards to this development, I recognize that the continuing nuclear retaliation against three higher-infra nations of the Nusantara Elite Warriors shall by far eclipse any damage taken by our forces, and feel that anything I post here would only rub salt in that wound. Perhaps as the damage accumulates over the coming days, our foes will recognize that a mature response to this situation five days ago would have saved them much pain in the long run.

On account of his attempted extortion of an allied nation, Gopher Roll hereby places Badboy of Rapidfire upon its ZI list. This sentence shall be lifted when all wars against LordChozo have ended. Nevertheless, we leave the door open for the Nusantara Elite Warriors to come to the table of peace. Gopher Roll's criteria for ending this conflict and the nuclear barrage on opposing nations remains the same as it did five days ago - an honourable peace for LordChozo that recognises the role that the Nusantara Elite Warriors played in the substantial damages incurred by his nation. Or they can continue the conflict that they themselves began, content in the knowledge that they'll be losing twice as much to the nuclear tempests as what they dish out.

xoxo,
--Gopherbashi, Lord Protector of Gopher Roll

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SiCkO' date='13 July 2010 - 05:32 PM' timestamp='1279060335' post='2369747']
i didnt even know people still hung out on the NAAC AA
[/quote]

Mainly just one, I don't believe he's ever left the AA since the NAAC disbanded, and with a few exceptions from time to time, most people have the common decency not to raid the mate.

o/ Gopher

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='13 July 2010 - 07:25 PM' timestamp='1279067120' post='2369867']
Actually there is still a GOONS nation on LordChozo. He declared soon after this announcement was made.

So much for diplomacy. Real classy. <_<
[/quote]
Uh, no, that was yesterday, and it's already been handled and peace should be reached shortly, nice try though.

[quote name='mythicknight' date='14 July 2010 - 10:25 AM' timestamp='1279067125' post='2369868']
Nuke them all NEW.
[/quote]

That would be a solution open to them. Tech raiding scum tend to get their panties in a twist when people wont roll over and let themselves be mugged.

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='13 July 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1279067923' post='2369898']
That would be a solution open to them. Tech raiding scum tend to get their panties in a twist when people wont roll over and let themselves be mugged.
[/quote]

You dont know NEW. NEW hopes for the retaliation, it is the fight they want, not the tech.

[quote name='Kevin McDonald' date='14 July 2010 - 10:52 AM' timestamp='1279068749' post='2369924']
You dont know NEW. NEW hopes for the retaliation, it is the fight they want, not the tech.
[/quote]

I am aware of who NEW are. Whether you want the tech or the fight, you still want something from someone for free from someone who doesn't want to give it to you.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1279067735' post='2369894']
Uh, no, that was yesterday, and it's already been handled and peace should be reached shortly, nice try though.
[/quote]

Ahh yes, vaunted GOONS efficiency in action. True enough I misread the date on the war dec, but it takes over 24 hours for your guy to peace out on a raid?

Beyond that, the original attack was started by three NEW nations, and after one peaced out a GOONS member decided to attack...because you know those NAAC guys can be REAL dangerous. Just over six hours later, and apparently after the first GOON peaced out, another GOON took his place--the current war.

Look, all this is very mid-2007, but you are doing yourself no favors. Maybe you would be less busy, Sardonic, and spend a lot less time cleaning up after your alliance if you changed your raiding policy to something less resembling a free for all.

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='13 July 2010 - 07:59 PM' timestamp='1279069161' post='2369934']
Ahh yes, vaunted GOONS efficiency in action. True enough I misread the date on the war dec, but it takes over 24 hours for your guy to peace out on a raid?

Beyond that, the original attack was started by three NEW nations, and after one peaced out a GOONS member decided to attack...because you know those NAAC guys can be REAL dangerous. Just over six hours later, and apparently after the first GOON peaced out, another GOON took his place--the current war.

Look, all this is very mid-2007, but you are doing yourself no favors. Maybe you would be less busy, Sardonic, and spend a lot less time cleaning up after your alliance if you changed your raiding policy to something less resembling a free for all.
[/quote]
How delightful. You Valhallans just don't know when to quit, do you?

[quote name='AlmightyGrub' date='13 July 2010 - 08:55 PM' timestamp='1279068884' post='2369929']
I am aware of who NEW are. Whether you want the tech or the fight, you still want something from someone for free from someone who doesn't want to give it to you.
[/quote]

So you're saying they don't want to give NEW a fight then?

Because they seem to be fighting them right now.

[quote name='Sardonic' date='13 July 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1279070351' post='2369950']
How delightful. You Valhallans just don't know when to quit, do you?
[/quote]

This one is grabbing popcorn and watching you work your way out of this one. Have fun I guess?