Operation: Shield 2010

Malatose

[b]SIC:[/b]

[quote][b]From:[/b] High Command of the Slavic Armed Forces
[b]To:[/b] Southern Military Command - 50km from the Cochin/Slavic Border

The recent test by our southern neighbors have put the well-being of our nation at risk; therefore, as ordered by the Emperor of the Slavic Federation, all military forces in the Southern Military District will be placed at DEFCON 1.[/quote]

After the order was given, air assets were placed at DEFCON 1; with bombers made ready to take off, fully equipped, on five minutes notice. Munitions were also brought up to the front, for the quick re-equipping of air units after substained sorties. Air interceptors were fueled and equipped, and they would be in the air doing around the clock patrols 24/7.

AWACs were also placed into the air, to scan the skies and report to Air Defense Command.

On the ground, the one hundred thousand troops, three hundred tanks, and artillery were augmented to 300,000 troops, 3,000 tanks and 3,000 artillery pieces of all types.

The Strategic Rocket Forces were also put on alert, and all ICBMs were placed at DEFCON 1.

As a precaution, the Emperor and the Slavic High Command entered a secured underground bunker, which was capable of withstanding a direct strike from a nuclear weapon.

Edited by Malatose

[u][b]Private to Slavic Federation[/b][/u]

Our Strategic Reconnaissance assets have noted an alarming military build up of ground forces along the border regions by Slavic Federation. May we ask the intention of this very aggressive posture? Is Slavic Federation planning on attacking the Kingdom of Cochin? Is Slavic Federation going to rescind the Non Aggression Pact in existence between our nations?

- KP Varma,
Minister of External Affairs,
Kingdom of Cochin.

The United States of China is pleased to announce the presence of exchange officers in this military exercise. This will go a long way in increasing in interoperability and capability of China and the Slavic Federation to conduct joint large scale operations to further the stability Asia.

[b]Southern Military Command HQ[/b]

"Comandante, we have word that forces from the Kingdom of Cochin are invading. Confidence is high."

[i]After the initial warning was given, another commander ran into the room, holding a detailed intel report.[/i]

"Comandante, Cochin forces have crossed the border into the Federation."

[i]The Comandante scratched his chin and gave the order to all forces placed on the border with Cochin to begin counter-invasion measures.[/i]

At the border, the Slavic Army units began artillery operations. The three-thousand pieces of artillery opened fire in rapid succession. With a combination of shells and rockets, it was a glorious sight to see. The various artillery pieces landed in the distance causing dozens of miniature to large explosions. While the artillery pieces were targetted towards Cochin, they would only land 20km from the border line, between the two states. The artillery fired was a mixture of dummy and live ammunition. Either way, it was a tremendous show of power.

After the artillery fire, the tanks and infantry fighting vehicles emerged from the smoke. The mighty tanks of the Slavic Federation fired dummy rounds into the distance, causing numerous small explosions. The infantry fighting vehicles would move up behind the tanks, only to stop to allow their deadly infantry to disembark.

Above, the Slavic airforce also provided support. Lu-65 and 67 aircraft flew around the clock to provide support. Most of this support came in the form of air-to-surface missiles and guided-bombs. This show of force caused tremendous havok on the battlefield and dozens of explosions erupted, only be drowned out by the roar of the jets from the Slavic aircraft.

As the day went on, the offensive would continue..

Edited by Malatose

[b]Classified[/b]

The People's Commissariat of Investigative Affairs have IDed the following capitol crime offenders for transfer to the Slavic Federation.

800 Dragon Cultist Extremists sentenced to death
250 Drug smugglers sentenced to death

Their executions have already been registered in our prison system.

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' date='11 July 2010 - 09:53 PM' timestamp='1278877969' post='2367157']
OOC: I'm not sure a satellite can really detect a artillery shot. A ballistic missile launch definately, but not artillery.
[/quote]
OOC: A single piece? With luck, maybe.
>>The three-thousand pieces of artillery<<
Three thousand? Easily.

Edited by Lynneth

[quote name='Triyun' date='11 July 2010 - 01:53 PM' timestamp='1278877969' post='2367157']
OOC: I'm not sure a satellite can really detect a artillery shot. A ballistic missile launch definately, but not artillery.
[/quote]
OOC: Nevermind

Edited by Kaede Alexeivich

Border Guard Brigades along Cochin - Slavic Federation are on full alert and the border checkpoints are completely sealed. Noting the size of Slavic Federation mobilizations, a full Battalion of 16 truck mounted GG10 missiles are stationed at Naryn armed with Strategic Offense Program GB4 Wide area munitions ready to be fired at the sign of a dedicated SF offensive on Cochin territory. The Jadayu Mk.2 regiments assigned to this sector are now waiting at their assigned air bases with a full squadron of Swifts regiment supported by one Halob AWACS and one Merat AWACS ion case Slavic Federation fighters violate Cochin air space.

The Kingdom of Cochin also issues a notification that in light of the uncertain nature of military exercises being conducted by Slavic Federation along Cochin borders, all air traffic to and from Slavic Federation has been banned for the interim period to avoid any unfortunate accidents or incidents.

[quote name='Kaede Alexeivich' date='12 July 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1278878528' post='2367168']
--Private to Cochin--
We've noticed a large military mobilisation between the Kingdom and the Slavic Federation. Is this an exercise?
[/quote]

There has been no international incident to warrant an aggressive move, however we are not ruling out any possibilities. So far it seems to be a mobilization exercise however we have matched the deployments by our own units in case an act of aggression is conducted against us.

[quote name='king of cochin' date='11 July 2010 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1278878821' post='2367170']
There has been no international incident to warrant an aggressive move, however we are not ruling out any possibilities. So far it seems to be a mobilization exercise however we have matched the deployments by our own units in case an act of aggression is conducted against us.
[/quote]
Very well, we are watching the situation carefully.

--Private--
"Will we aid Cochin if the Federation does invade?"
"We'll see about that...wait a bit before we start pledging our support."

***Private to Cochin*** 

I hope that you will not have to go to war with the Slavs, but if so, we will be willing to send in several SF groups to aid you.

Sincerely,

Lila Nevak (Blue Heaven Prime Minister)

[b]Southern Military Command[/b]

The military exercise was soon coming to an end, as ground forces began to withdraw away from the Cochin border. As the ground forces withdrew, bombers from the airforce dropped two well placed massive ordnance air blast bombs just ahead of the withdrawing force. The shockwave shook the ground as the fireball rose into the evening sky. The finale to the exercises was about to begin...

[i]"Enemy forces have dropped two tactical weapons..weapons classified as tactical nuclear.."[/i]

After the massive blast, 1,050 men began to run towards the Slavic forces. These men were wearing hastily put together combat gear, with a raggedy and hastily pasted on Cochin flag.

[i]"Sector 12.12.434.43..enemy offensive inbound.."[/i]

[i]"Sir, high command has given the authorization for nuclear release in the tactical nuclear range.."

"Roger that...tactical nukes are free.."[/i]

In the skies, a GLI Ankriat flew towards the targetted area where the enemy "offensive" was coming from. As it neared, the massive bomb bay doors opened and one cruise missile fell from the undercarriage only to ignire in mid air. The missile, itself, flew at a moderate speed of Mach 1.1. After a couple seconds, it slammed into the targetted zone..

[img]http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5789/mushroomcloud.jpg[/img]

The 20 Kiloton Neutron Bomb exploded 75km from the Cochin border. A successful test of the Slavic tactical nuclear arsenal..

[b]Strategic Rocket Forces Command HQ[/b]

[b]**Alert Sounds**[/b]

"General, this is senior commander at the alert post..we have an immediate alert that requires your response.."

"What is it?"

"General, we have detected a massive launch of missiles towards Slavic interest at this time. ICBMs..multiple ICBMs.."

"Launch an immediate response.."

In the control room of an underground ICBM bunker, two airmen ran to the control panel. They both put their keys into the ICBM launch console and turned it, unlocking the launch system. With one press of a button, the massive silo doors open and a single ICBM is launched into the evening sky. The ICBM itself is equipped with 4 dummy MaIRVs.

The MaIRVs were programmed to land into the Caspian Sea.

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/706/minutemansmirv.jpg[/img]

One after another, the missiles land into the Caspian Sea, bringing an end to the Slavic military exercises...

[b]Southern Military Command HQ[/b]

All test have been deemed successful. Report to the Emperor. All systems have responded at 100% efficiency. Shield 2010 has been deemed a success.

Edited by Malatose

***Private***
"Christ, what is this?"
"Satellite pictures from Slavic 'training exercises', Director."
"Sheesh...displaying your superior firepower, aren't you?"
"Course of action Director?"
"I want the Wehrmacht ready to deal with this threat, if it becomes one."
"Yes sir."

[quote name='Triyun' date='11 July 2010 - 07:35 PM' timestamp='1278898516' post='2367541']
We congratulate our allies on the successful final test of their system. We trust it will be a success in the event of future invasions.
[/quote]
So pretending to initiate an invasion of one's neighbour, and then launching a nuclear weapon just outside their border is testing their system? The USC has an interesting definition of 'test'.

[quote name='Triyun' date='11 July 2010 - 08:00 PM' timestamp='1278900010' post='2367589']
I do not see where they were pretending to initiate an invasion. I see them training their divisions in a realistic environment. Its not our fault if your intelligence services are sub par.
[/quote]
You may have missed the 3000+ artillery being fired, or the troops and tanks moving at the border. It's not our fault if your intelligence is s--if your intelligence services are sub par.

Edited by Kaede Alexeivich

Las Malvinas can see where the Isara Alliance is coming from, however, the Slavic Federation is fully within its rights to do as they will inside of their borders, regardless of how it may seem from the outside.

Although we must comment that the use of nuclear weaponry and the launch of an ICBM so close to the border seems provokative, however, it is their land to do with what they will, we are merely observers on the world stage.

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='12 July 2010 - 03:07 AM' timestamp='1278900431' post='2367596']
Las Malvinas can see where the Isara Alliance is coming from, however, the Slavic Federation is fully within its rights to do as they will inside of their borders, regardless of how it may seem from the outside.
[/quote]

Precisely, those forces, which we actually had the opportunity to observe, were within their own borders. They were extraordinarily professional and at no time was the border in danger of being violated. We cannot help that your intelligence services are paranoid.

[quote name='Triyun' date='11 July 2010 - 08:11 PM' timestamp='1278900659' post='2367599']
Precisely, those forces, which we actually had the opportunity to observe, were within their own borders. They were extraordinarily professional and at no time was the border in danger of being violated. We cannot help that your intelligence services are paranoid.
[/quote]
Was it necessary to hold the exercise at the border? Was it necessary to fire artillery at the border? Was it necessary to [i]drop a nuke 75 kilometres off the border[/i]? This seems like a very provocative act by the Federation.