Axis of /b/; Do#A

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gamemaster1' date='08 July 2010 - 11:09 AM' timestamp='1278601743' post='2363457']
Merging into Athens must be the cool thing to do.
[/quote]

Clearly. Literally every alliance has at some point merged into Athens.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' date='08 July 2010 - 05:56 PM' timestamp='1278640548' post='2364110']
Athens harbors 4chan scum :((

Also I knew about this already since I was in the channel when it happened. Honestly good luck to you.
[/quote]
Have you ever sat down and spoken with Londo for any length? They dont harbor the scum, they are founded by the scum.

[quote name='The Interstat' date='08 July 2010 - 10:04 PM' timestamp='1278641027' post='2364120']
As TOLWYN might say: /B/ IS HEREBY BANNED

But seriously, good luck guys in your new alliance.
[/quote]
what's a /B/?

Nice Grouping.

edit:
[quote name='shahenshah' date='08 July 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1278621630' post='2363789']
Im surprised that nobody said it so... "Match made in heavens" :awesome:
[/quote]
Did the joke go over my head? I don't get it.

Edited by rsoxbronco1

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='08 July 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1278608523' post='2363542']
This is a thread I could never predict or even dreamt up. So many different ironies running in different directions...
[/quote]
Oh I couldn't agree more.

To the OP:
So rather than post a story, you picked merger?!? into Athens?!?

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1278601906' post='2363459']
write some silly story and post it on their forum.
[/quote]

Now see, I quite like the idea of writing silly stories. They're just so... silly!

Out of curiosity, what was your story prompt(s)?

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 08:12 AM' timestamp='1278601906' post='2363459']
Eh, it was that, try to survive the war until GOONS got bored with bombing us, or write some silly story and post it on their forum. They basically wanted us to disappear or be humiliated.
[/quote]
Folding in such a situation doesn't really help. You should've stood tall, and stood your ground. There are several alliances who've faced such odds and have come out of such situations surviving.

[quote name='El Hefe' date='09 July 2010 - 08:45 AM' timestamp='1278657931' post='2364521']
Now see, I quite like the idea of writing silly stories. They're just so... silly!

Out of curiosity, what was your story prompt(s)?
[/quote]

[quote author=Beefspari link=topic=4040.msg40096#msg40096 date=1277430880]
Good evening sir. Today we settle this like gentlemen and gentleladies. 24h cease fire. You will now have the chance to FIGHT FOR FREEDOM. Do one of these terms and report back here with the results.

[size=14pt]Option #1:[/size]
Write a 600+ word story in which you go on an adventure to find a magic lamp so that you can wish for world peace. Although you do not find the lamp, on the way you have an adventure, meeting Abraham Lincoln, Tony the Tiger, and a dog who is constantly on fire. You also learn a valuable lesson about friendship and eating enough fiber.

[size=14pt]Option #2:[/size]
Draw a 6+ panel comic of you having a Rocky-style boxing match with a large goon. Goons are large hairy lumberjack type men if you need a reference. At the end of the comic, although you lose, you and the goon go out for ice cream.
[/quote]

[quote author=rostovripper link=topic=4040.msg40345#msg40345 date=1277518294]
I have no intention to comply with such absurd demands.
[/quote]

welp,

v :huh: v

[quote name='bakamitai' date='08 July 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1278648475' post='2364296']
Look out, Londo. Next we'll be merging into you. I hope you like BBQ sauce with your babies.
[/quote]
Kansas City sweet, Southern Mop, Louisiana Hot, Tennessee Whiskey Sauce, or Dry Rub? :smug:

[quote name='Sooner' date='08 July 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1278653905' post='2364451']
Oh I couldn't agree more.
To the OP:
So rather than post a story, you picked merger?!? into Athens?!?
[/quote]
They had been giving us lots of advice and helping out those of us who couldn't get our own tech deals. They were like big brother from day one :awesome:

[quote name='rsoxbronco1' date='08 July 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1278654451' post='2364462']
I guess nobody told him how terrible we are.
[/quote]
Nope, its all news to me... :v:

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='08 July 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1278655274' post='2364477']
/b/, if you adversely affect Athens, you'll have hell to pay. Fortunately i know that Londo knows what he's doing.
After that, all I can say is welcome to the fold. :-)
[/quote]
Well I cant say for the rest of my former alliance, but I'll be a good little sheep...Baaa... :ehm::gun:
Seriously though, I think we'll be fine. I hear theres still a good number of First Reich /b/ around here hidden away in different alliances.

[quote name='Vasuda' date='08 July 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1278658155' post='2364526']
As if I wasn't already embarrassed to be allied to Athens, then they absorb /b/ into their ranks.
[/quote]
Welcome to the Thunderdome :awesome:

[quote name='Caliph' date='08 July 2010 - 11:57 PM' timestamp='1278662220' post='2364591']
Folding in such a situation doesn't really help. You should've stood tall, and stood your ground. There are several alliances who've faced such odds and have come out of such situations surviving.
[/quote]
We weren't big enough to stand out ground. We would have been stomped into day-1-like nations. :war:

[quote name='Delta1212' date='08 July 2010 - 01:38 PM' timestamp='1278610719' post='2363571']
CN translation: Two people/alliances I don't like just got together so now two birds can be killed with one stone a bit more literally than that phrase is usually intended. It's used as a joke as much if not more than it is seriously.
[/quote]

Mentally noted and filed.

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='09 July 2010 - 06:59 AM' timestamp='1278673167' post='2364658']Seriously though, I think we'll be fine. I hear theres still a good number of First Reich /b/ around here hidden away in different alliances.[/quote]

Unfortunately, yes.

*rabble rabble* good luck *rabble* and stuff *rabble rabble*

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 10:03 AM' timestamp='1278601371' post='2363449']
I set up a deal and folded all the members of my alliance into Athens, and we now all follow Londo.
[/quote]

I can feel for your situation having been the founder of a small alliance. The GOONS were not around at the time, so we were "only" attacked once every week or so, and only by one nation at a time and never from the same alliance. Almost all of them were not even following their own rules, so it was generally a matter of just contacting the alliance leadership and pointing that out.

I am not sure what I'd do if in that situation as a leader with the GOONS around. So, I'm in no way being judgmental.

However, there are other options than the one you picked. If you want to be involved in a leadership position from early on, my suggestion is to find another small/micro alliance that already has a protectorate relationship with someone and join them. I know from experience that the leaders of these groups are usually literally begging their members to become more involved. If you're active there's probably an official position just waiting for you (or they can make one). If you're already the leader of a micro and have others willing to go where you do, that's a plus.

I got offers from other alliances all the time. You might even work out a co-leadership deal. For people who like the advantages of being in a small group, this is a good in-between.

Alliance names are just that - names. It's the individual nations that count.

If the name really becomes an issue, instead of being absorbed actually "merge" - with a new name and everything. Again, other micro's would probably be more willing than a long established alliance that has already made a name for itself. Just make sure you get this all arranged in advance and keep the protectorate, etc. before making the AA switch.