Axis of /b/; Do#A

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Captain Flinders' date='08 July 2010 - 12:06 PM' timestamp='1278608756' post='2363545']
I still don't get why people get so upset about GOONS wanting them to write short stories or draw funny pictures. You must not care about your alliance very much if you can't write a comedic short story to save its life.
[/quote]
Well, that's the problem with /b/, they can't generate any content. All they know how to do is take content from other groups, memefy it, and repeat the memes endlessly.

Either way, have fun in Athens, /b/.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Anu Drake' date='08 July 2010 - 09:02 AM' timestamp='1278608523' post='2363542']
This is a thread I could never predict or even dreamt up. So many different ironies running in different directions...
[/quote]
Welcome to my life...

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 11:20 AM' timestamp='1278602436' post='2363468']
Grouping?
[/quote]
CN translation: Two people/alliances I don't like just got together so now two birds can be killed with one stone a bit more literally than that phrase is usually intended. It's used as a joke as much if not more than it is seriously.

[quote name='Captain Flinders' date='08 July 2010 - 09:06 AM' timestamp='1278608756' post='2363545']
I still don't get why people get so upset about GOONS wanting them to write short stories or draw funny pictures. You must not care about your alliance very much if you can't write a comedic short story to save its life.
[/quote]
[quote name='Sardonic' date='08 July 2010 - 09:24 AM' timestamp='1278609879' post='2363557']
Well, that's the problem with /b/, they can't generate any content. All they know how to do is take content from other groups, memefy it, and repeat the memes endlessly.
Either way, have fun in Athens, /b/.
[/quote]

Its the whole being forced to generate a humorous short story at sword-point, you know? I have enough trouble with writers block under normal circumstances. That and I think its kind of humiliating, like being turned into their puppet :-/ dancing for their amusement.

Edited by Nonymguy

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='08 July 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1278614045' post='2363624']
This thread makes me feel somehow dirty inside. Oh the existential crises.

Also, all of you are next. :smug:
[/quote]
You are dirty inside. And outside. Literally and metaphorically.
All hail Londo Mollari, the consumer!

(btw, does this mean you are like the borg? either consume or destroy something?)

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1278613976' post='2363621']
Its the whole being forced to generate a humorous short story at sword-point, you know? I have enough trouble with writers block under normal circumstances. That and I think its kind of humiliating, like being turned into their puppet :-/ dancing for their amusement.
[/quote]

I agree. We should have demanded money and tech instead. Or maybe just installed a viceroy. Or better yet, simply continued to attack without any terms for peace. Damn us and our cruel terms.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='08 July 2010 - 10:46 AM' timestamp='1278614744' post='2363642']
I agree. We should have demanded money and tech instead. Or maybe just installed a viceroy. Or better yet, simply continued to attack without any terms for peace. Damn us and our cruel terms.
[/quote]
Didn't say your terms were cruel, just I felt they were kind of humiliating. Admittedly, i could have handled the situation better.

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 11:16 AM' timestamp='1278605750' post='2363509']
You think? I went from being a Dictator of an alliance to just a nobody...
[/quote]

You were dictator of a newbie micro-alliance that everyone hated. You were already a nobody.

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1278613976' post='2363621']
[/quote]

It's designed to be humilating, much like a school-yard bully beating up a smaller kid and making him say "I'm a monkey's uncle" or whatever. It's meaningless, except the bully gets off on it.

[quote name='Baldr' date='08 July 2010 - 12:41 PM' timestamp='1278618084' post='2363719']
It's designed to be humilating, much like a school-yard bully beating up a smaller kid and making him say "I'm a monkey's uncle" or whatever. It's meaningless, except the bully gets off on it.
[/quote]
Don't forget, we take their lunch money first.

[quote name='Baldr' date='08 July 2010 - 11:41 AM' timestamp='1278618084' post='2363719']
You were dictator of a newbie micro-alliance that everyone hated. You were already a nobody.

[/quote]

[quote name='ktarthan' date='08 July 2010 - 11:48 AM' timestamp='1278618505' post='2363727']
Don't forget, we take their lunch money first.
[/quote]
And people thought we were bad? :awesome:

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 09:54 PM' timestamp='1278618831' post='2363734']
And people thought we were bad? :awesome:
[/quote]

To be quite honest, you're not that bad for a /b/ member. You must see how you're just providing tears for our enjoyment by producing threads like this, however. You're putting a lot more effort into crying about how GOONS ruined your day by making you decide between eating a small slice of humble pie for our enjoyment or merging your alliance into another one. Every individual that has successfully completed our terms comes out of it with an entry on our 'do not attack' list, and most come out of there with a smile on their faces. All it takes is 5-10 minutes of creativity and a sense of humor.

[quote name='nippy' date='08 July 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1278619309' post='2363744']
To be quite honest, you're not that bad for a /b/ member. You must see how you're just providing tears for our enjoyment by producing threads like this, however. You're putting a lot more effort into crying about how GOONS ruined your day by making you decide between eating a small slice of humble pie for our enjoyment or merging your alliance into another one. Every individual that has successfully completed our terms comes out of it with an entry on our 'do not attack' list, and most come out of there with a smile on their faces. All it takes is 5-10 minutes of creativity and a sense of humor.
[/quote]
Honestly I was just ribbing you guys. And I wouldn't say I am crying, I was more just mildly annoyed by the whole situation. But hey, by folding into Athens, I got 3 tech deals the same day. That was pretty sweet. :lol1:

[quote name='Nonymguy' date='08 July 2010 - 10:05 PM' timestamp='1278619529' post='2363748']
Honestly I was just ribbing you guys. And I wouldn't say I am crying, I was more just mildly annoyed by the whole situation. But hey, by folding into Athens, I got 3 tech deals the same day. That was pretty sweet. :lol1:
[/quote]

Ach! You're learning the ways of the world, good sir. :awesome:

Congrats on the new home, hope it works out for you.

[quote name='Kzoppistan' date='08 July 2010 - 12:36 PM' timestamp='1278621348' post='2363787']
This just in: Athens sicks attack-dogs GOONS on unsuspecting [s]newbs[/s] micro-alliances in covert plan to bolster their numbers by way of strong-arm mergers, suspected tear splitting scheme in progress. Full Story At 11. :ehm:
:smug:
[/quote]
I [i]thought[/i] there was something suspicious about the timing and ease of it all, hmmm.... :v:

[quote name='shahenshah' date='08 July 2010 - 12:40 PM' timestamp='1278621630' post='2363789']
Im surprised that nobody said it so... "Match made in heavens" :awesome:
[/quote]
Nobody said it because it's a given...