Ms. Tintagyl in Girltopia

Sarah Tintagyl

Heather Tintagyl stared over the edge of the passenger liner that made way across the Indian Ocean. She had left the port of Cape Town a few days ago, finally leaving from her penthouse apartment in Pretoria, paid for and maintained by the Artemis Corporation, the daughter of one of the most prominent business leaders in the world and possibly the most famous woman on Earth, she was well taken care of. But it was time to throw that all away, after all, there was a greater destiny ahead of her now and this hadn't come in a dream or in a supernatural vision, no this destiny was clear just because of time. It was a destiny of responsibility and growing up, which Heather had yet to do. Her father and mother had never been central to her life, but their exploits and shadows were. Heather had been born out of wedlock, she had watched as her homeland in Australia was torn apart by war and strife, she watched as her mother, left her and she fell into the care of her father. Heather watched as her sister disappeared into the storms of Dranagg and the rumors that Terra Tintagyl was still roaming the world since the collapse of Dranagg, some nameless shadow, Heather would be afraid if she found to meet her. Then after everything that had happened to the Tintagyl family, Sarah, Evan, and their daughter had landed in Transvaal, which after a few years, they had disappeared once again leaving her to their wealth and fame in Transvaal. She had worked as a political aide to one of the big shots in the Transvaaler government and even had the pleasure to meet Annetjie van Matteus in person, but for all that, it wasn't enough for the twenty-two year old woman. Heather dreamed of more, of new horizons, and that was exactly where she was heading.

She was a strange combination of her father and mother, Heather had her father's dark eyes and tan skin, she had grown into her mother's hair as well as the Lady Protector's beauty and as the winds blew off the coast onto her hair, her eyes, and calming her face, she smiled, finally she could begin to exceed her parent's expectations. Of all the countries in the world, Girltopia, it had a pull. One because it was attracting so much attention from the international media, realizing that the ruler of the country was a dimwit or a dictator. Heather believed in feminism and all that, but the Girltopians took it to an unhealthy level. Then again...most countries took everything they did to unhealthy levels, it was probably why the world was so $%&@ed up. But two, Heather had watched the young Queen Madison and through the haze, she began to see a little bit of her mother in her as well. It immediately gave Heather an idea.

The Hansa had passed, as had her mother's involvement in the world, but for the young Tintagyl and she hoped for the young Madison, a new haven, a truly liberal and free haven could be created. If the Queen was stubborn then Heather could always move on, but as she had thought before, there was a strange draw.

"Miss Tintagyl." She turned at the voice behind her, a young sailor with a strong Dutch accent bowed and smiled. "We'll be landing in Rivertown in about a half hour. The Captain wanted to let you know, it was a pleasure having you at dinner last night and that if there are any problems with your disembarking to let him know personally." Being a Tintagyl had its perks.

"Thank you." Heather nodded. "But its not a problem, I didn't bring that much anyways, nothing that I can't carry myself I assure you."

He bowed again and left the deck as Heather stared out to the new town of Rivertown as the sun began to set. She could already see the buildings beginning to pop up, the beaches across from where she would be docking were filled with people and there was a feeling of hope in the air. "I wonder if this is how Brisbane might have looked...before the various !@#$ storms." Heather smirked, though it was an empty smirk filled with malice. Maybe it was Australia, but she had also inherited Hannah Asgeirsson's extreme cynicism and xenophobia.

Arriving in Rivertown, Heather didn't wait around to sight see. She had come with one direct purpose, if that purpose was refused then she could come back and take in the towns and the culture. Plus, given the amount of press that Girltopia got, all she'd have to do is turn on the evening news to learn about the newest problem coming out of the country. "Yeah, Madison is way ahead of mom, she's in the tabloids and she hasn't even slept with anyone yet." Her destination was the capital at Madison, which lay north up the Scar River, running through the Burmese Jungles. She paid the river toll for a ship to take her up north and watched quietly on the top deck of the river steamer at the passing jungles around her.

Finally, after a journey up the Scar River, Heather arrived in the Girltopian capital of Madison and proceeded directly to the palace of the Queen and approached one of the girl soldiers at the gates. She couldn't help but chuckle, it was like the Lillian Guard all over again, the All-Female Security Detail of the Lady Protector back in the Commonwealth and was one of the Royal Services of the Queendom. "Excuse me Miss, I apologize for bothering you." Heather smiled, she was dressed to impress, a blue business set up, her wheat colored hair in a tight ponytail behind her, and a gold locket with the Tintagyl Crest around her neck. "You don't know me and nor does your Queen, but my name is Heather Tintagyl and not to push out my credentials of my mother. But she was Lady Protector Tintagyl of the Hanseatic Commonwealth, as her daughter I've studied a great deal of politics myself. I realize that Girltopia has been going through a bit of a world crisis at the moment, with the various problems faced by the international community. I was hoping I could be given an audience with the Queen and offer my services as an advisor. Would I be allowed entry?"

[color="#4169E1"][img]http://www.asianoffbeat.com/OddNews/Female-Federal-Army-Uniform.jpg[/img]
[img]http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7604/525717-black1_full_super.jpg[/img]
The guard kept a straight, emotionless face for a while and then said, "This way ma'am."
The uniform or the Girl Scout stuck out while she started walking up the steps. Her beautiful, long blond hair falling down her back.

The young Girl Scout, probably no older then 18, opened the large bronze door to the palace. She let the strange women go in first and then closed the door with a big [i]clank[/i] and a lock of the door. She lead the women into the west-wing (The royal family's private wing). She then opened the door to the library. The strange women known as Heather marveled at the 10,00+ books inside the library. There were no windows and the carpet was a pretty reddish color. Charles was inside. He was trying to light the grand fireplace while Scarlet was in her shorty shorts, the ones her mother hated, and a tank top, sipping on her morning hot chocolate. See, every morning, Scarlet would go in the library and drink her hot chocolate and usually talk with Charles, one of her few male friends. Even though he was about 47 years old he was still fun to talk to, especially because of his funny Scottish(British) accent.

Charles was the Palace butler, he served the Royal family for the most part and helped them with their needs and sometimes went with them on trips. They both looked over when the doors opened and Scarlet said, "Sally. Who is this women?" noticing her darker, tanner skin. "She says she wishes to speak to the Queen. What should be done with her?" Scarlet looked at Sally, "Don't say it like we are going to throw her in the fire place... If Charles can ever light it..." Charles gave a playful push to Scarlet and she gave a little giggle, "Let her stay in here. It is one of the most relaxing rooms in the palace."

Heather seemed a little confused of why her heritage or mother hasn't been mentioned yet but Scarlet offered her to come sit in a big comfy chair next to her while the wood started to ketch on fire. "YES!" Charles yelled after 2 hours of trying to light it. He then saw how ungentlemen-like it was and apologized.

Scarlet looked over at Heather and innocently said, "My mother will be home in about ten minutes. For some reason she loves taking a boat up the river." But it was true. Queen Madison loved the river. The mystery of what was beyond the rushing waters and inside the damp jungle. She loved the feel of the mist on her skin and the fresh breeze to blow it off.
"Until she gets home, would you like to have a seat and join me with some hot chocolate?" right when she said that the Grandfather Clock began to dong. It did it 9 times, showing it was now nine in the morning.

Charles brushed off his suit and walked to the other, smaller door in the room and opened it, leading to the hall that held his room.

Scarlet asked another question, still not having an answer to the first but use to asking a lot of questions and getting information back, "I'm Princess Scarlet. What's your name?" her big blue eyes looking wordlessly at Heather. [/color]

Heather leaned back in her chair and crossed her legs. "Heather Tintagyl, Your Majesty. I must say you have quite the interesting country, I never thought I could fathom a country where the ideals of the world are flipped on their side. To be honest with you, if a nation did this with men, oppressing women, I doubt most people would complain all that much. They might act interested, but that's about it, so in a way, I think I find myself admiring your mother, the Queen, just a bit."

"To be honest, there are a lot of similarities to your nation and my old home in the late Commonwealth. We had all female military units who guarded the leaders of our nation. Though men were equal to women in all ways." She sighed. "Which is what I hope to talk to your Mother about first. But I must say you are a beautiful young lady, I'm sure you will make a fine Queen someday, I only hope that possibly I might be around to see it happen." Heather bowed her head. "I am quite anxious to meet your mother, I've heard very good things and I think she'll find that she might be walking a vital path to the future of the world."

[color="#4169E1"]The Princess blushed because she was called beautiful, "Thank you Ms. Heather..." she sipped on her hot chocolate and then she got a text. She looked at her phone and said, "Umm... My mom is home... I'll go get her Ms..." her cheeks rosey red when she gets up and scurries to the door, embarrassed she is showing her legs in front of someone who is formally dressed. Before she could get to the door the Queen walked in in her red dress. (Look at my avatar lol)

The Queen looked at Heather and said, "Excuse my rudeness but who are you...? You look familiar." the Princess stood there awkwardly but just let out a slight yelp and ran out, still embarrassed.

The Queen walked over and sat slowly in the chair Scarlet was just in, "I understand you needed to tell me something... Mrs...?"[/color]

"[i]Miss[/i] Tintagyl, Your Majesty, Miss Heather Tintagyl. If I look familiar it is because I have my mother's features. Anyways, I have come from the Republic of Transvaal on my own as an independent citizen of the world." She bowed. "If I make speak frank Your Highness, there is a lot of media on Girltopia, due to your policies, your negotiations with other countries, as well has various scandals about the native peoples and your treatment of men in the country. I don't profess myself to be a genius or any kind of sage, but I have been around the block a few times with studying world politics and if you would have me, I would like to offer my services as an advisor to you."

Heather took a deep breath before continuing. "I know this sounds odd, but I think there is a great amount of hidden potential in your country. I've seen you on the news Your Highness and in a strange way you remind me of my mother, albeit, more oppressive, but who knows by now. But I think if the potential is going to be realized that a new path should be envisioned. However if you would rather brush me off, that is quite fine, I've been looking for an actual home, an actual purpose for a long time. If you can give me that purpose, I would be grateful."

[color="#4169E1"]The Queen sat forward, "You speak as if you were royalty. You use facts, nice, calm words, and no forced choices. I understand that you want to help, you think you can help, and you are determined to help. I know there are a few paths my country can take. There are many I do not want to take. But before I appoint you to top adviser, you must give me a reason on why I should except you. Why should I say yes?"[/color]

"I guess I'm letting my name speak for me, people still hear the name Tintagyl with promise and I would like to return that promise to the world. To be honest Your Highness, my credentials are not any better than any other student of political science. I am an idealist and I understand the world, even for a twenty-two year old, I think I can achieve a great deal for you. I'll work harder than anyone who has ever served under you, but understand this Your Highness, there will be conflict, there will be change, and you may not agree with all the change. But more importantly, I am an unbiased eye in your country, I know what the world wants to see, what your people want to see and how a compromise can be reached. We cane make Girltopia, or whatever it becomes in the future, prosper together."

Heather held out her hand. "If top adviser is too much, I'll of course settle for less to prove my skill. Whatever you would have me do, Your Highness."

[color="#4169E1"][quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='07 July 2010 - 10:14 PM' timestamp='1278558869' post='2363061']
"I guess I'm letting my name speak for me, people still hear the name Tintagyl with promise and I would like to return that promise to the world. To be honest Your Highness, my credentials are not any better than any other student of political science. I am an idealist and I understand the world, even for a twenty-two year old, I think I can achieve a great deal for you. I'll work harder than anyone who has ever served under you, but understand this Your Highness, there will be conflict, there will be change, and you may not agree with all the change. But more importantly, I am an unbiased eye in your country, I know what the world wants to see, what your people want to see and how a compromise can be reached. We cane make Girltopia, or whatever it becomes in the future, prosper together."

Heather held out her hand. "If top adviser is too much, I'll of course settle for less to prove my skill. Whatever you would have me do, Your Highness."
[/quote]

Madison put out her hand and smiled, "I will do you one better. You will be top adviser and my Press Minister will be a balance. So I will see how and what you both think. If your mind comes out to be a promise, and your body strains to the breaking point but stays together, you will be my right hand women." she grabbed Heather's hand. [/color]

Heather smiled and placed her hand on Madison's back as she turned the Queen around and began to walk with her down the corridor of the palace. "We have to talk about a few things then, right off the bat. I don't mean to be so harsh right after we have just met, but you realize that there is a coalition of people looking to change your ways and another coalition, one who has already gone to war over unification of land that is threatening you for a piece of policy you have enacted. We have to take a look at what can be done, this world Your Highness, it is not friendly, it is cruel, and it is not forgiving. Vietnam while perhaps they have insulted you, insulting them back in such a way, was not wise and could damage foreign policy throughout Asia. But its a headache that can be solved relatively quickly."

She smiled at the Queen as they passed guards and the windows of the palace looking down into the capital. "My advice is to send a letter of apology to the Republic of Vietnam, a white peace if you will, while you have alienated both them and the Chinese, at least the world will know you are understanding of pressure and have the decency to step back and look at a situation. Secondly, the inequality between men and women in the country, however traditional, must be evaluated for the world. Even steps of subtle change are good and cooperation with foreign nations is exactly what to aim for. I will have to ask, what is the social situation in Girltopia at this very moment? And before you answer, thirdly..." Heather continued to count on her fingers as she named the presented problems. "The status of the natives in Burma? Their rights along with your reigning ethnic groups is very important and must be addressed, everyone, in this democratic world, must be able to extend to power. However, as a Monarchy, you...you Madison, still control it."

"There are ways of making this work."

[color="#4169E1"]"I shouldn't cancel the embargo should I? I have so many nations that have my back because I made it. I have thought of a letter of apology before. But I am not sure if they will take it seriously. I will try to right one up and have past by you." The Queen looked down at her dress and then back up, "Our society is not as bad as everyone thinks it is. Men have almost all of the same rights. Just for a few exceptions. We have the drafts for building things in times of emergency, such as these times, and they can not vote for the Council of Women & Girls or run in elections for them."[/color]

[color="#4169E1"]They began to walk into what as known as the body of the palace, then center between the left and right wing. All of the beautiful decorations are more lively and more windows are present, "Now to the natives... They are under the same laws our people are. Therefor, they have the same rights. They may leave like they want, in which some have, but I have a feeling we have not discovered a lot of them. We have found a huge city of them on the Eastern border. They seem to have no connection to electricity or running water. Yet they somehow have survived this entire time. But when we asked to stay for the night, they refused. They are very nice, but I think they still see themselves as being sovereign. There are no cities in the west or south but the native population seems to be on the east. We have parties exploring for more of these... Uncivilized-civilized cities.

There is something I am worried about... See... My people are... What ethnic clensors might call... Pure. They are of pure Irish and French blood. There are some who worry what might come if these natives were let into our culture or if our culture is let into theirs. Our nation is still closed to all immigration because of the fear of what may happen if we are mangled with by other... 'cultures'. You must understand that I need to follow the will of my people. I can't just ignore them all the time. They will riot if I do. There is a large amount of the population that wishes males to be enslaved, but I am trying to convince them otherwise. We have taken polls and a alarming amount of the population fears this minority of Natives not as fellow citizens but as foreign invaders, wanting to make them the minority."

The Queen looked at Heather like she was trapped in a corner. [/color]

It was a large problem, but Heather had asked for a large problem and so therefore, it was something to solve. She nodded reassuringly. "Starting with the last thing you said. No society, however 'pure' they think they are, are truly 'pure'. They are purists because they are afraid, because they believe that they are better than others, Madison, let me tell you something, Purist societies rarely prosper. Sure, their masters believe they do, their supporters believe they do, but the world, their people who are oppressed, history? No. I know history is written by winners, but I have yet to see a Purist win at anything. Its good to know that you are attempting to change that. As to your population not wanting the change, no one desires change at first, but overtime, they learn to understand it. Play on their emotions, men are human, just as you are, just as I am, just as every woman in your country is. They bleed, they cry, they make love, and they die, and I am sure there are men that are better administrators than perhaps those in your Council even. Wake both the women and the men of your country up, let them breathe, let them walk together, and do the same with the natives. Slowly, bring them into the society, or if they desire isolation, let them know you are there to help. Give them representatives, give them the knowledge that you want to help them and that you are as right to the land as they are. But never abuse that right.

As to Vietnam, the ban on trade is not necessary and is only creating bad press. The secret Madison, is to avoid being the 'bad-guy' if you will. Let me tell you, looking at China, you're almost in the clear. You aren't invading people for your own machinations. While Vietnam might not be sensible to understand the naivety of young rulers and young countries, they can accept an apology, if they cannot even do that, then they have machinations of their own and we should prepare. Those who are your friends, those who have supported you, seek them out. Treaty them, get to know them, they're your hope to survival and as for this international investigation, if you would want. Leave that to me, I'll make sure they understand the different between international cooperation and patriarchal bias."

[color="#4169E1"]OOC: Do you mean to let them be like Tibet? That would work

IC: "I understand." The Queen Heather were now outside and walking to the greenhouse, "I think I will write my apoligy today. What do you think of improving Girltopian defenses?"[/color]

Edited by maddy

OOC: We'll work on it, don't worry...why did you change your font color?

IC: "Well I'm not much of a military engineer Highness, however, you are allied to the Kingdom of Cochin are you not? I've seen them work, they're a hearty people with a knack for defense. I can speak to the King for you, or you can of course go yourself, The King of Cochin was in correspondence with my mother and his son was her chamberlain for a good three years or so. I think the Cochinese would be happy to help you in any way possible. They'll handle it in a contracting style from there and make sure that the defenses are not too advanced so that your own soldiers can't repair or operation without Cochin Engineering. That's the trick Madison." Heather smirked. "Making do with what you have, not with what you want."

Walking through the greenhouse put Heather immediately at ease. "Its beautiful here, truly beautiful. I would hate to see anything happen to this country Madison, this was the potential I was talking about." She said cupping a flower in her hand. "The natural beauty of this place. But I don't want to be a burden to you, if there is anything else you would like to discuss, let's do so, after that, if you would be so kind as to show me to my quarters?"

Edited by Sarah Tintagyl

[color="#4169E1"]The Queen smiled at the sight of the flower, "I hope you can help me preserve it."

We began walking back into the palace. "I would like you to ask the King. But one one condition. I would like my daughter to go with you. I am trying ti train her with foreign affairs." Once they were back inside there was a grand spiral staircase that went to the third floor. "Your room is next to Scarlet and mine. You do not have to stay in the East wing like the staff do. You are part of the family now. You deserve it." She gave a warm smile and walked up the stairs with her while she replied to what I said about the King of Cochin. [/color]

"Thank you, very much Your Highness. It is an offer I won't take advantage of. The hospitality is amazing and tomorrow I will get to work immediately with arranging the policies that I hope will make us all prosper." Heather bowed and walked away from Madison toward her room, being shown through the corridors by one of the guards. Once she had entered the room, she shut the door, locking it to have a bit of privacy and collapsed on the bed. It was spacious, luxurious and she could immediately feel her eye lids begin to close from the comfort of the mattress. There was a lot that needed done, a country reformed, allies created, and enemies put at bay. Heather knew she would be busy over the next few days, weeks, months, and hopefully years. But that was okay, she was happy to say it. Because finally, at least as it seemed at the present, her life finally had a purpose.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep with a smile on her face.

[color="#4169E1"]After a day of talking, the Queen went to her quarters and went to bead, along with her daughter in the room across. A long day is only to be replaced by another, hopefully she learned from the previous to make the next shorter.[/color]