TIO Announcement(s)

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='09 July 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1278701275' post='2365022']
See, as much as I'd love to believe that that's the case, saying you're waiting for the time when 'TIO denounces Bernkastel as a pretty terrible human being' sounds pretty hateful to me. There's quite a distance between being cynical with the results of his boredom and thinking Bernkastel's a terrible human being, and I think that that distance is pretty much equal to the distance between being cynical with the results of his boredom and hating him. There's a few people in this world that I'd call 'terrible human beings', and I'd be inclined to say I hate them, too.

As someone who was in SOS団 with Bernkastel (iFOK, too, but that's irrelevant to this statement), I think I, at the very least, know both sides of one of the stories people love to !@#$%* about Bernkastel for. And let's not forget here that IAA, who has their own history with Bernkastel, chooses to protect us.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is, if the time comes where Bernkastel does something abominably stupid, well, we'll buy you a drink then and you get to say 'I told you so'. Until then, you're just wasting your breath with all the [s]hateful[/s] [i]cynical[/i] rhetoric.
[/quote]

Had you read more carefully, you would've noticed that I never did say I think he's a generally pretty terrible human being. But he rarely leaves without making the bridges behind him crash burn down hard and I personally would avoid giving such persons any responsibility or full gov access before I could really, [i]really[/i] know he's a trustworthy. This kind of a bind takes a while to form at least for me, personally.

But I'll leave this be. I don't think you really know me too well and you're certainly misjudging me here. It's a pity but if it rocks your boat, ok. At least I got some chicken.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic