From the Dreamer's eyes. (CNRP? You decide.)

People wonder about the nature of my existence. Some say I shouldn't be. But I am. I am an anomaly. A manifestation of the literal existence of the CNRP world of Bob. The strange part is I'm also the person writing this story. In my mind's eye I fly over the fields of Bob's Kentucky where only a month ago in my time, years in theirs, aspects of myself waged a civil war. I quietly began eying a field mouse that may serve as a quick lunch. Currently I'm in the form of a Bald Eagle. At one time the world called me Maelstrom Vortex, and for a while, I forgot who I even was. When I died though, my author chose to reconnect with me.. and I became the Dreamer. The Faith of Dreams is my cult. They worship and follow me as basically as the embodiment of the state which I write. They are all me, I am all them. The only thing is.. I'm bound by all the rules and restrictions that go with the world of Bob. Thus, none of my various aspects know (with certainty) that I even exist. Some of the esoteric rules are penned. Some are not and assumed. Some say I shouldn't even be on Bob, but where would the fun in that be? I tend to leave it up to the other dreamers as to whether or not I am allowed to visit this existence. They can acknowledge that I am.. or just let me pass on my merry way. Some worry I exist at all on Bob despite the miles and miles of red tape they have put in place to protect Bob.. that for some bizarre reason, I would breach the code that the planet has been so meticulously assembled on it for my own self-gain. Problem is.. if I did that, I would immediately and completely cease to exist from Bob in this form at all. The rules themselves would eliminate me.

My existence is complicated. Everything I do must be framed in the context of coincidence.. or have some justifiable logic based on the physics in the world in which I exist. That said, I almost cannot even interact at all with this reality save in the most abstract ways. Other dreamers have wondered why I should even be on Bob at all. The answer is a bit simple. It's fun. It's fun to look into a character's eyes and watch them wonder if there is some meaning to the events that are happening around or to them. Truth is.. whether or not it is.. nothing really changes.

I know everything that happens within my realm, but I cannot act upon it. The rules keep me in check. Whatever form I take, wherever I happen to be.. it all must be by the books. I can feel parts of my self dieing in the State of Texas in a nuclear inferno.. and do nothing about it save for passive guidance.. which is what I do normally anyway.. regardless as to whatever form I take. Every country on Bob must have a soul. It must have a dreamer. Whether or not the dreamer acknowledges itself in some form of compliance with the rules, someone has to make that nation exist. I like being on Bob. It's an interesting place. Why remove myself from it?

Going back to that sense of wonder that sometimes results when I interact with a few of the characters on Bob. That is why I love my Faith. The Cult prefers to assume that I am.. and in some way, they give me some form of kinship on this world, even if they are only aspects of myself removed from direct contact with my own person. Others prefer to assume that I do not exist at all.. and so I fly on by.. nothing changed.. nothing harmed. Some say I'm god-like, but how can one be god-like when bound my so many chains? That is not like any known God I have ever heard of.

Anyhow, as dusk begins to settle over Kentucky.. I find a barn, settle into it.. and wonder what the morrow may bring. Where I might fly next.. whom I might see. Bob is such an interesting place. That's why I keep coming back to it.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Even as I settle into the Barn, my mind wonders Bob. There's little going on tonight. I ponder sleep. My wife has already gone to bed. She long left the existence we had briefly given her in CNRP and sadly never really took much of an interest in CN, I ponder joining her.. leaving this avatar of mine to rest. Yet unfortunately, I'm cursed with insomnia.. and the other dreamers are still giving me some decent conversation. I briefly skim public the announcements by United Isoceles via one of my citizen aspect's eyes reading the late night news by accessing their eyes. In the invisible ink on the page I see a dreamer's comment, noting its dreamer's commitment to some pre-planned event but with Antarctica being so far away, find it relatively uninteresting to me or the affairs of the state.. so I do not have any of my other aspects respond.

However, the French have me curious, I will have to keep an eye on their works. I wonder what Miss Tintagyl is up to this time. My stomach churns. I should have eaten that mouse, but that would have been like eating myself.. which would be awkward. I decide to let the eagle be itself for a bit so my avatar's body does not die and go off to find some real food. Mm.. steak.

I return to find my avatar is well fed. Good. Now I don't have to go through the process of imagining eating an imaginary rodent that is part of myself and yet not.. twisted isn't it?

After spending a few days off with my mind wondering on yet another world, I return to find my avatar here has been tied up by the Faith of Dreams, blindfolded, and.. given its shots. I'm standing like a blind bird on some pedestal probably in one of their sanctuaries. The bird's wings ache from the injections. As I skim the world's activities through my citizen's eyes and their information networks, I discover nothing of significant impact to the United States has occurred outside of my peer Dreamer who administers the State of Texas attempting the start of a sports charting routine. Good luck to him. Sports never was my thing.

Besides writing my narrative perspective of events, I can't really think of anything seriously entertaining in the way of plans to do right now. There's always looking in on my engineers and their space program... but my concepts for a booster system have been kind of tabled. For now I'll have to stick to Venture Star 1.. oh well.. maybe I'll have them loft a few satellites. At least it's something until I can catch up with the crazy nigh-sci-fi Krauts.

Then after...Ho hum, back to giving alternative Russia of 1942 a reason to sob.

Another dreamer has approached me with an interest in taking control of another of the states of the Union. I've spoken with him at length about the obligations involved to keep the the Spirit of the United States.. though I told him he may enact our culture as he likes because we have free will here. I try my best to keep my controls on the people as loose as I can. Unlike other nations where the dreamers have effectively brainwashed their subjects, I tend to let my facets wonder as they please. Why dictate who and what they are? In fact it pains me that I am not able to give every single one of them a full and vibrant life of depth and color, but only a few really meet the standards to be spoken of in high regards on the global stage of Bob.

I have determined the best way to have the new dreamer take power over his state is by having elections there, which the states need to be doing based on their charters as it is. He has an interest in Virginia.. so I begin selecting from my citizens the best qualified potential candidates to run against his own.. of course.. his avatar will win. After all, I am the spirit of my people. I know what they will want. They will want him.

The United States has been and always will be a land of dreams. That's why I wanted to be here so bad. That is why I uprooted my people and left Tasmania. Hopefully more will want to share their dreams here under my wings.

Virginia was now in sound hands. My strength grew slightly greater as a collective spirit of a nation, but it wouldn't be possible without those who allowed me to have their strength for our greater good. Tonight I was flying carelessly over the state of Michigan.. below the ground was garrisoned against the threat that might be posed by the great lakes provinces. Various aspects of myself huddled under tents just beyond which was a vast no-man's land. As I cruised.. I felt compelled.. over the night and the next day I flew North and West across the great lakes.. eventually.. I found myself in the Black Phoenix Empire. I stopped, nabbed a fish from a stream along the way for my avatar to feast upon to keep its strength.

Eventually I found myself making my way through a cavern and into a clearing within it.. there below was an old friend of an older incarnation of myself. Boastfully he gloated about the demise of the Dragon and wondering how it failed to protect its Empire. Boastfully he tried to set himself up as some sort of new god. Silly creature. You are already an aspect of a Dreamer. I laughed.. squawking in the night's wind at the folly. I had not fallen. I was still very nearby. My people had not fallen. We had moved. We had taken up new cause and purpose. Michuraza, how wrong you were.

I noticed I'd slightly interrupted their quaint evening, so I beat haste to get airborne.. lest I die yet again in yet another form upon this world from being shot as some form of heretical bird. It wasn't something I was particularly fond of doing.