Co-Prosperity Sphere Announcement

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='02 July 2010 - 07:52 AM' timestamp='1278053538' post='2357527']
Probably because they both have a common goal and want to minimize the possibility of a split.
[/quote]
They are afraid to be apart? Strange considering they are the two major blocs and the only real threat would be each other. If the only thing keeping them from going to war against each other is the multi-layered wall of treaties then the bloc is already doomed to failure.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Alterego' date='03 July 2010 - 02:51 AM' timestamp='1278089461' post='2357818']
They are afraid to be apart? Strange considering they are the two major blocs and the only real threat would be each other. If the only thing keeping them from going to war against each other is the multi-layered wall of treaties then the bloc is already doomed to failure.
[/quote]
Yes, he certainly did say that the only thing keeping us from warring each other is the multi-layered wall of treaties. That is absolutely a thing that was said by Mr Damsky.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1278089461' post='2357818']
[/quote]

Your attempts to sow the seeds of discord are destined for failure. Neither of us, see the other as a threat. The only thing keeping us from going to war against one another is.... hold on to your hats folks... WE LIKE EACH OTHER.

[quote name='Voytek' date='02 July 2010 - 05:55 PM' timestamp='1278089737' post='2357828']
Yes, he certainly did say that the only thing keeping us from warring each other is the multi-layered wall of treaties. That is absolutely a thing that was said by Mr Damsky.
[/quote]
You forgot afraid, thanks for the recap. MADP bloc + MADP bloc = no control of your alliance/bloc. The foreign policy of the smallest alliance is the foreign policy of all.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1278091980' post='2357874']
You forgot afraid, thanks for the recap. MADP bloc + MADP bloc = no control of your alliance/bloc. The foreign policy of the smallest alliance is the foreign policy of all.
[/quote]

You say that likes its a bad thing. :awesome:

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='02 July 2010 - 01:31 PM' timestamp='1278091896' post='2357868']
Your attempts to sow the seeds of discord are destined for failure. Neither of us, see the other as a threat. The only thing keeping us from going to war against one another is.... hold on to your hats folks... WE LIKE EACH OTHER.
[/quote]
Speak for yourself, i like Athens but hate you

[quote]o/ Athens and down with WickedJ ![/quote]
I agree!

Oh and HI KP

Edited by wickedj

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='02 July 2010 - 07:40 AM' timestamp='1278074392' post='2357630']
So, who are you talking about here? From what I've seen neither side is capable of winning anything without a huge advantage. In Karma you had 100 million on the NPO's side, and in TOP-CnG you also had a 100 million NS advantage on your side. So please, win a war on equal terms and then you may be able say something, because quite frankly the way the dynamics of war works having two against one is almost a certain victory. Your victories in those wars were no more a showing of skill than the various beatings undertaken by the NPO and Co.
[/quote]
You're forgetting the strategic victories for MK in UjW and noCB!!

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' date='02 July 2010 - 07:31 PM' timestamp='1278095451' post='2357914']
You say that likes its a bad thing. :awesome:
[/quote]
You have a point. What could be bad about being a whole GGA style puppet bloc. :awesome:

Step up and get slapped right back down, NPO.

[quote]You have a point. What could be bad about being a whole GGA style puppet bloc.[/quote]

You are becoming a minor annoyance to the CPS, Alterego. I would strongly suggest you shut up before we shut you up.

[quote]The integration of supercomplaints continues. I dont know why SF are submitting to Archon & C&G [/quote]

We're not submitting to anyone, and neither is Athens. We're teaming up to keep your face in the dirt.

I like every time any SG member gets a new ally or treaties themselves, though. Alterego sees the sliver of hope he has get crushed yet again. Alterego, your side should have [i]no problem[/i] toppling us. We don't periodically curb stomp you or make up CBs to roll you or force key people away. Your side has it [i]so easy[/i]; they can plot to overthrow us [u]in public[/u] and we won't do anything about it. How are you guys [b]so incompetent[/b]?

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='02 July 2010 - 10:30 PM' timestamp='1278102604' post='2358027']You're forgetting the strategic victories for MK in UjW and noCB!![/quote]
And they laughed at Vladimir's account of GPW1 as rewriting history. Unlike you, he actually has something to work with, while your statement is just a humorous relief in otherwise uneventful season.

As it will remain it seems. The two major blocks are keeping it together. While certainly some complaints will come onto the account of that, honestly, its just rational course of action. It has a bad effect on the interest levels of an average nation ruler on our planet, but still, if they chose to play it "conservatively" (lets call it like that) its their call to make. They say they are friends, so, they are friendly. Eventually everything comes to an end, but now its age of "co-prosperity". We are all friends. The world is a friendly place. So, friends, who is buying me bier? :awesome:

edit:
[quote]Step up and get slapped right back down, NPO.[/quote]
lol

What would you all do if there was no NPO?
I mean I do love the fact we are center of the world for so many, but its also kind of silly at moments.

Edited by Branimir

[quote name='Branimir' date='02 July 2010 - 06:06 PM' timestamp='1278108377' post='2358132']
And they laughed at Vladimir's account of GPW1 as rewriting history. Unlike you, he actually has something to work with, while your statement is just a humorous relief in otherwise uneventful season.

As it will remain it seems. The two major blocks are keeping it together. While certainly some complaints will come onto the account of that, honestly, its just rational course of action. It has a bad effect on the interest levels of an average nation ruler on our planet, but still, if they chose to play it "conservatively" (lets call it like that) its their call to make. They say they are friends, so, they are friendly. Eventually everything comes to an end, but now its age of "co-prosperity". We are all friends. The world is a friendly place. So, friends, who is buying me bier? :awesome:

edit:

lol

What would you all do if there was no NPO?
I mean I do love the fact we are center of the world for so many, but its also kind of silly at moments.
[/quote]

If there were no NPO, I'd move on to IRON. And no, Vlad had nothing to work with regarding GW1. NPO was crushed and shown mercy. You took advantage of that mercy. We gave you mercy again during the Karma war, anyways. Aren't we such a nice hegemony? :)

[quote]And Bob continues to be boring. Quite frankly, I don't care who wins the next war, I just want it to be at least remotely even.[/quote]

We entered the last three wars with more even odds than those NPO entered for the past several years. It's not our fault we're more skilled than them.

[quote]The preamble is close enough to the truth that, while still funny, it is a bit uncomfortable. Cementing Supergrievances as a permanent pseudobloc will indeed make you a hegemon[/quote]

Challenge for you here, Bob. Please compare the wars that took place within 1 year of the Karma war by our side to the wars that took place within 1 year of GWIII by WUT. Please list all the wars started by us and by them over the same amount of time, and take a looksee at how they compare. I await your results.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Branimir' date='02 July 2010 - 05:06 PM' timestamp='1278108377' post='2358132']
[/quote]
I actually meant what I said, it was not a joke.

[quote]If there were no NPO, I'd move on to IRON. And no, Vlad had nothing to work with regarding GW1. NPO was crushed and shown mercy. You took advantage of that mercy. We gave you mercy again during the Karma war, anyways. Aren't we such a nice hegemony? :)[/quote]
Oh I see, lol. Ok then, it would be IRON.

And what you mention as fact, can be debated quite easily. I am not going to do it here though, not the topic matter. Nor do I care what some may think, objective thinkers would know story has more layers then one. Then that.

Anyway, to friends and friendship. Can I get a bier?

edit:
[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='03 July 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1278109289' post='2358146']
I actually meant what I said, it was not a joke.
[/quote]
You can meant something and it still can be a joke. Just saying.
Not the topic matter. Was just making a passing comment about that, as it gave me a chuckle.

Edited by Branimir

[quote]You are becoming a minor annoyance to the CPS, Alterego. I would strongly suggest you shut up before we shut you up.[/quote]
Fire away

[quote]We're not submitting to anyone, and neither is Athens. We're teaming up to keep your face in the dirt.[/quote]
I would have said huddling together out of fear. Hey, whatever helps you sleep better big guy.

[quote]I like every time any SG member gets a new ally or treaties themselves, though. Alterego sees the sliver of chance has get crushed yet again. Alterego, your side should have [i]no problem[/i] toppling us. We don't periodically curb stomp you or make up CBs to roll you or force key people away.[/quote]
Athens & co made up a bs CB and rolled TPF with the intention of dragging the rest of us into the curb stomp we have received twice in a year.

[quote]Your side has it [i]so easy[/i]; they can plot to overthrow us [u]in public[/u] and we won't do anything about it. How are you guys [b]so incompetent[/b]?
[/quote]
Incompetent? 2 MADP blocs are so afraid of NPO that they are giving up control of their alliances and forming one super block. Why? apparently because only together can this dozen or so alliances hope to beat them in a war.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 06:26 PM' timestamp='1278109600' post='2358151']
Fire away

I would have said huddling together out of fear. Hey, whatever helps you sleep better big guy.

Athens & co made up a bs CB and rolled TPF with the intention of dragging the rest of us into the curb stomp we have received twice in a year.

Incompetent? 2 MADP blocs are so afraid of NPO that they are giving up control of their alliances and forming one super block. Why? apparently because only together can this dozen or so alliances hope to beat them in a war.
[/quote]

Young man, the ZOMGspai war has long been forgotten. Srsly.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1278109600' post='2358151']
[/quote]
So the plot to set up IRON is still failed after all?

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 03:26 PM' timestamp='1278109600' post='2358151']
[/quote]

Hahaha, what?

I really wouldn't be afraid of someone who takes a whole week to formulate a plan and then falls flat on their $@! once they put it into motion.

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 05:26 PM' timestamp='1278109600' post='2358151']

[/quote]

You sure outwitted us there.. waiting a whole week to honor those treaties. :awesome:

[quote name='Alterego' date='02 July 2010 - 01:33 PM' timestamp='1278091980' post='2357874']
[/quote]

:ph34r:

Sometimes people have this thing called friendship and trust where they work together and talk to each other before acting. It may sound like a crazy concept to some but after being in SF for nearly 3 years I must say it works out nicely. Usually the point of a bloc is having a common foreign policy. Also if you want to be technical SF requires 2/3's of its signatories to vote yes in an aggressive war for the bloc to officially activate as a MADP.

Also congrats to our SuperFriends in CSN on their treaty upgrade.

o/ CSN

:awesome:

Edited by ShadowDragon

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='03 July 2010 - 12:19 AM' timestamp='1278112780' post='2358179']
You sure outwitted us there.. waiting a whole week to honor those treaties. :awesome:
[/quote]
It might have taken a week but when they came you couldnt get out quick enough, less than 1 day I believe.

[quote name='ShadowDragon' date='03 July 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1278113308' post='2358180']
:ph34r:

Sometimes people have this thing called friendship and trust where they work together and talk to each other before acting. It may sound like a crazy concept to some but after being in SF for nearly 3 years I must say it works out nicely. Usually the point of a bloc is having a common foreign policy. Also if you want to be technical SF requires 2/3's of its signatories to vote yes in an aggressive war for the bloc to officially activate as a MADP.
[/quote]

Fair enough :)