Your Favorite Nuclear Rogue?

Captain Enema

[quote name='kulomascovia' timestamp='1277596726' post='2351350']
Nuclear rogues are selfish and irresponsible leaders that derive entertainment at the expense of others. They should not be lauded for their actions.
[/quote]
And for this you get the honour of going on my list.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' timestamp='1277681639' post='2352273']
rabonnobar. Went two rounds alone on GGA's top tier and destroyed them. Not like that was a big surprise, but I was able to tie up a war slot and raid him. :D
[/quote]
Rab's conquest against GGA was quite epic. He gets my vote.
:wub: rab :wub:

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1277715798' post='2352554']
Raw damage? Brother Kane.

Longevity? Fransjoseph or myself (:D).
[/quote]
I'll give BK credit for his damage, as he deserves it. BK is an honorable guy, as much as a nuclear rogue can be.

As for your longevity? Sure, when you're sub 4k NS, 5 GCs and 5 barracks and receiving aid every 10 days from another rogue, you can last forever. But it's quality of what you're doing, not how long you can do it. Eventually you're going to just rub yourself raw and those you're roguing are going to fall asleep due to overwhelming boredom.
Thankfully, we haven't gotten to the point of apathy yet :D

[quote name='Iosif' timestamp='1277600929' post='2351435']
Sure, sometimes. It doesn't rule out nuclear roguery as the perfect instrument for thermonuclear justice, though. Without nuclear rogues, it'd be way too easy to be a terrible douchebag, after all.
[/quote]

In my experience, people will be d-bags regardless of whether or not some rogue decides to lay a half dozen nukes on their head. Indeed the true d-bags on Planet Bob actually see rogues going after them as affirmation they are "doing it right".

No, my favorite nuclear rogue is the one who who takes their 20-25 nuclear weapons along with their entire nation and deletes without firing a shot, then comes back with a new nation and does things that are far more memorable and positive than a silly "5 O'Clock Charge"*.

[i]OOC: * - An old war gamers expression denoting an all-out attack that would not ordinarily be made because it is ill-advised and/or ahistorical. Five o'clock charges typically happen near the end of a gaming session, or if a player has to leave the game early, simply to end things with a bang. Many war gamers frown upon them, though some see it as bringing a decisive end to the session in a particularly close game.[/i]

Edited by ChairmanHal

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1280756837' post='2398332']
In my experience, people will be d-bags regardless of whether or not some rogue decides to lay a half dozen nukes on their head. Indeed the true d-bags on Planet Bob actually see rogues going after them as affirmation they are "doing it right".[/quote]
Who cares what douchebags think anyway? If a nuclear rogue feels as though they are getting justice, revenge, or just plain warm fuzzy feelings with the use of their nukes, I reckon that's the most important thing.

Besides, I take issue with the idea that roguery is futile simply because the morons [i]say[/i] that they don't care about being attacked. Every time an imbecile-under-fire spouts the same clichéd lines about their casualties, or how they must be doing it right, it's seems very obvious to me that they're simply putting on a front for the crowd. I mean, if you weren't bothered about something, you wouldn't go out of your way to tell everyone within earshot just how un-bothered you were, would you?

And yet this is that a lot of these attacked guys do. With the proud references to their increasing levels of casualties and the perceived level of relevance in having achieved 'rogue'd upon' status, they even attempt to spin it as a fun and desirable experience. This spin is pretty much a desperate attempt to distract from the deep disappointment of nuclear holocaust, as though shouting out [b]'Hey guys, don't look at my infra, tech and land, look at my casualties, I'm winning!'[/b] or [b]'Yo everybody, someone noticed I am a jerk! I got noticed you guys!!'[/b] will help to save face when confronted with an uncontrollable situation by convincing all around that the rogue is having only positive effects on it's intended victim (naturally, the gratitude for the provision of this wonderful experience is usually weeks of retaliatory and devastating warfare).

I guess it'd just be nice to hear a bit of humility from the one of the deserved victims of a rogue attack once in a while. Something like 'okay, this is a bit annoying, my nation is on fire and I probably shouldn't have been such an arsehole before' would be pretty refreshing, I think :blush:

Edited by Aimee Mann

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1280258807' post='2391487']
Someone should dig up ivan and franz's posts and antics. I'm just too lazy.
[/quote]

Too lazy for ivan but here is [url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?act=Search&CODE=getalluser&mid=30233"]fransjosef[/url]'s 13 threads of wonder. (OOC? This link may require access to old forum to work, I am not sure. Also I think some threads are missing, sadly. -- NB. more hilarity to be found in old FAN threads where fransjosef stopped by, but I have no idea which any more.)

[url="http://z15.invisionfree.com/Cyber_Nations/index.php?showtopic=72640&view=findpost&p=7868349"]Words to live by:[/url]

[quote name='fransjosef']
You pull a knife on me - I pull a gun
You pull a gun - I pull a tupolev[/quote]

[quote name='Haflinger' timestamp='1281756374' post='2415298']
Five o'clock charges are actually useful in the "DEAR GOD THIS GAME IS GOING TO LAST ANOTHER EIGHTEEN HOURS" kind of situations too.
[/quote]
You have no clue how guilty I have been of that in past risk games.

1) Pensfan, went rogue on the top #3 infra nations.
2) Akosha (I believe he had an other name at the time) but he sanctioned NPO guys on 14-19 days inactive forcing them to collect with almost no trades. Back then you were deleted at 20 days inactivity.
At FOK we already had a senate war scenario, if we would find ourselves at the end of a curbstomp, it was pretty cool to see some other alliance doing the same. I still think he should have continued it to the end.
3) FAN vs WUT, although FAN weren't rogues I was really impressed with their nuclear roguery vs the initiative which was quite revolutionary at the time. Since then I had a lot of respect for hem.

Edited by Timmehhh

[quote name='Timmehhh' timestamp='1282167767' post='2422032']
1) Pensfan, went rogue on the top #3 infra nations.
2) Akosha (I believe he had an other name at the time) but he sanctioned NPO guys on 14-19 days inactive forcing them to collect with almost no trades. Back then you were deleted at 20 days inactivity.
At FOK we already had a senate war scenario, if we would find ourselves at the end of a curbstomp, it was pretty cool to see some other alliance doing the same. I still think he should have continued it to the end.
3) FAN vs WUT, although FAN weren't rogues I was really impressed with their nuclear roguery vs the initiative which was quite revolutionary at the time. Since then I had a lot of respect for hem.
[/quote]

He was known as King Zog back in olden times.