Your Favorite Nuclear Rogue?

Captain Enema

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Earogema' date='27 June 2010 - 05:33 AM' timestamp='1277613206' post='2351604']
Hey, you. You're fighting the same rogue I am. Thanks for that. He's not bad is he?

Seconding what nippy said. Franzjosef was a character. I doubt he ever had nukes though. That was back in the top 5% days huh?
[/quote]

Franzjosef did the "three Level 9 bombers" thing. He single-handedly fought FAN to a standstill and successfully defeated (old) GOONS with out a single shot, even forcing reps :v: . He also was a Swede and had wonderful avatar pictures when he was in war.

So, no nuclear rogue -- I am unsure if he was even a rogue, but he was great in every possible way and I miss him still. (Also, yes, this was pre-MP times.)

There was some guy who built up, got the money and such ready to get a MP, then set his AA to None and waited to get raided, just so he could buy a MP and nuke whoever declared on him. I got a kick out of that, but I don't remember who it was.

[quote name='FallenFool' date='27 June 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1277626486' post='2351738']
ivanelterrible.

He took on GATO alone and won.

[size="1"]At least I'm 95% sure it was ivanelterrible. My memory could be playing tricks on me.[/size]
[/quote]

I was going to nominate Ivan, but I honestly don't think he ever nuked.

[quote name='kerschbs' date='27 June 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1277665018' post='2352088']
I was going to nominate Ivan, but I honestly don't think he ever nuked.
[/quote]

Well I do not think he had the time to nuke in that particular war :v:

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 June 2010 - 12:02 PM' timestamp='1277661725' post='2352037']
I have fought both U.S. of Tyler and Jurai for several cycles and find them to be subpar.
i am also enjoying that 3 often mentioned nuke rogues in this thread are former \m/ alumni.
[/quote]

Yeah, if it weren't for their nukes I'd have them both their heads mounted on my wall. They've never hit me with a quad, they've never timed their attacks together, they could have both nuked me exactly at the same time to completely level me but they haven't. Definitely not the most inspiring rogues.

[quote name='Baldr' date='27 June 2010 - 02:51 PM' timestamp='1277664652' post='2352082']
There was some guy who built up, got the money and such ready to get a MP, then set his AA to None and waited to get raided, just so he could buy a MP and nuke whoever declared on him. I got a kick out of that, but I don't remember who it was.
[/quote]

Ahh yes the guy who tech dealed his way to a billion dollar warchest just to $%&@ with raiders, that was pretty epic.

Gotta give him credit for a longer term plan and sticking with it as well.

[quote name='Baldr' date='27 June 2010 - 12:51 PM' timestamp='1277664652' post='2352082']
[/quote]

That's some kind of determination for you. Hilarious as well.

[quote name='FallenFool' date='27 June 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1277626486' post='2351738']
ivanelterrible.

He took on GATO alone and won.

[size="1"]At least I'm 95% sure it was ivanelterrible. My memory could be playing tricks on me.[/size]
[/quote]
It was him indeed. That was brilliant, what he did. He bloody well knew his bait would be taken.

Really, I have a list:
Diskord (mostly for writing that guide to nuke roguery)
Decollo (two incidents that I remember; CNARF and anti-recruitment spam)
Mongo (Same as above)
Tyga (Sure, he was NpO Emperor at the time, but nuking duffman was excellent)

[quote name='Zoomzoomzoom' date='28 June 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1277681639' post='2352273']
rabonnobar. Went two rounds alone on GGA's top tier and destroyed them. Not like that was a big surprise, but I was able to tie up a war slot and raid him. :D

Nobody would even honor a request to sanction him from GGA.
[/quote]

When you make claims, make sure they are true. There were actually several sanctions placed against him, but they proved ineffective due to his secret trades.

[quote name='Andre27' date='27 June 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1277682400' post='2352282']
When you make claims, make sure they are true. There were actually several sanctions placed against him, but they proved ineffective due to his secret trades.
[/quote]

Hmm perhaps that's true. I could have sworn there were none on him.

At that time i was in GGA Gov and i know several sanctions were placed.

One thing can be said for GGA government: no matter what they do, there are those who refuse to look beyond actions taken 2-3 years ago.

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='27 June 2010 - 06:57 AM' timestamp='1277636232' post='2351783']
Free Quebec was also awesome, but since she went sanction rogue from PM and then deleted, I don't think she counts as a 'nuclear rogue' either.
[/quote]
I learned a lot from Free Quebec.

I would like to say I am my favorite nuclear rogue.
However despite being sanctioned for nuclear roguery I have never actually lauched a nuke whilst acting as a rogue, (eaten a few tho - the irony slays me).

might > right as we all know.

M6

(when I am ready I shall ascend to the the nuke rogue role of fame).

[quote name='Merrie Melodies' date='27 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1277694589' post='2352406']
Mongo was the guy who did that.
[/quote]

sounds right. Chief took it very well. he made it into a joke based on the Visa commercial. putting the costs of each of the types of things he lost down. then "Calling your nuke rogue cupcake, priceless"

[quote name='im317' date='27 June 2010 - 09:39 PM' timestamp='1277699937' post='2352458']
sounds right. Chief took it very well. he made it into a joke based on the Visa commercial. putting the costs of each of the types of things he lost down. then "Calling your nuke rogue cupcake, priceless"
[/quote]

Those are actually Mastercard commercials.

Anyways I have yet to be hit by a nuke rogue, but I guess it is because I am not important enough.

Also I do not have a favourite rogue.