Your Favorite Nuclear Rogue?

Captain Enema

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xerxer' date='27 June 2010 - 02:46 PM' timestamp='1277603147' post='2351479']
There have been several posts made by ODN members thus far and I'm surprised to see that guy who spelled "Battalion" wrong hasn't made the list even for the lulz...
[/quote]
David Banner and his subsequent incarnations weren't really rogues. He claimed he was going to take us down by ghosting us, trying to reroll into our alliance on a number of occasions (OOC: With the same IP) and later by creating some sort of wannabe spy organisation to take us down.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='26 June 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1277596726' post='2351350']
Nuclear rogues are selfish and irresponsible leaders that derive entertainment at the expense of others. They should not be lauded for their actions.
[/quote]

I know, they should all be EZI'd.

Get out, hippy.

[quote name='Banksy' date='26 June 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1277608994' post='2351553']
David Banner and his subsequent incarnations weren't really rogues. He claimed he was going to take us down by ghosting us, trying to reroll into our alliance on a number of occasions (OOC: With the same IP) and later by creating some sort of wannabe spy organisation to take us down.
[/quote]

i remember translating his posts.

[quote name='Banksy' date='26 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1277608994' post='2351553']
[/quote]
He certainly wasn't a [i]nuclear[/i] rogue though.

He did have some very epic posts.

[quote name='Iosif' date='26 June 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1277600929' post='2351435']
Sure, sometimes. It doesn't rule out nuclear roguery as the perfect instrument for thermonuclear justice, though. Without nuclear rogues, it'd be way too easy to be a terrible douchebag, after all.
[/quote]

Well, as many instances in history have shown, terrible douchbags do get punished at one point or another. Also, a rogue does not represent the interests of the world in general. We can in no way claim that a rogue can be a method of justice. Vigilantism is not justice.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='26 June 2010 - 06:11 PM' timestamp='1277601069' post='2351437']
[color="#0000ff"]What's the difference between one nations attacking a small alliance and a large alliance stomping a much smaller alliance that has no chance of defense? Personally, I'd take the rogue. Besides, rogues should be lauded. Collecting infra is boring. What are you doing to give the world a little more flavor?[/color]
[/quote]

Growth is not boring to many nations. It is an important incentive to keep one's nation running. Why should disrupting growth be lauded?

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='26 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1277610811' post='2351567']
I know, they should all be EZI'd.

Get out, hippy.
[/quote]

Personally, I'd just sanction them from all colors. But EZI works fine too.

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='26 June 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1277613673' post='2351614']
[/quote]

Hahhahah.

Raiding: Bad, Roguery: Bad, EZI: Okay.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote name='kulomascovia' date='27 June 2010 - 05:41 AM' timestamp='1277613673' post='2351614']
[/quote]
You should look at the bigger picture. A rogue is a fearless warrior who expects to eat nukes & be sanctioned. Enjoy the fun then try to recruit them. My favourite rogue was Kindom of Goon.

PurdueSucks is my favorite.

Labeled a nuke rogue by i prefer to call him the bringer of poetic justice against Jonathan Brookbank.

Only regret is that Dementual and the New Sith order are going to lose all that aid they sent to JB since he will probably delete.

[quote name='Andre27' date='27 June 2010 - 08:47 AM' timestamp='1277642815' post='2351828']
PurdueSucks is my favorite.

Labeled a nuke rogue by i prefer to call him the bringer of poetic justice against Jonathan Brookbank.

Only regret is that Dementual and the New Sith order are going to lose all that aid they sent to JB since he will probably delete.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I do have to say, Purdue is an amusing fellow. He applied to the Order while attack JB. I wouldn't have minded having him in the alliance.[/color]

I've only been rogued once, about two years ago. Kind of an odd situation. The guy (Arsene) had previously been in FUN with me and I had been selling tech to him, but after paying me he went rogue on a FUN member and some IRON members. Relations with IRON were already pretty bad at that point so I was told not to send Arsene the tech payment (pretty standard really). Afterwards he rerolled and rebuilt his nation for a few months just to go rogue on me... over 50 tech.

[quote name='FallenFool' date='27 June 2010 - 04:15 AM' timestamp='1277626486' post='2351738']
ivanelterrible.

He took on GATO alone and won.

[size="1"]At least I'm 95% sure it was ivanelterrible. My memory could be playing tricks on me.[/size]
[/quote]
It was. Also, I'm not sure he could qualify as a "rogue". When you're that badass you're just an alliance onto yourself.

[quote name='FallenFool' date='27 June 2010 - 08:15 AM' timestamp='1277626486' post='2351738']
ivanelterrible.

He took on GATO alone and won.

[size="1"]At least I'm 95% sure it was ivanelterrible. My memory could be playing tricks on me.[/size]
[/quote]
Ivan the Terrible was badass, while the GATO is his most memorable, he had plenty of other grand moments.