DoE @ 11:08 PM, attacked by GOONS @ 11:36:21 PM

Blind Murder v2

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why people even bother making threads like this. You always DoE with a protector and that's that. And to be honest, GOONS do the right thing, they make smaller alliances seek protection and advice and that eventually help them grow(unless they hit a wall head on, on their own).

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='25 June 2010 - 03:40 PM' timestamp='1277473217' post='2349965']
Meh, even with a protectorate in the works/ready but not posted, one would think that more people would realize that this is how GOONS operates, and can operate, given the amount of backsides they kiss to wedge themselves into the web sufficiently to avoid requiring taking responsibility for anything.
[/quote]

Name one backside we've kissed. Can't? Feel free to kiss ours, then.

[quote name='Beefspari' date='25 June 2010 - 01:49 AM' timestamp='1277444968' post='2349772']
Excuse me, but I'm offended at the suggestion that we attacked you "for no reason." As such I've compiled a list of my top ten reasons we attacked you.

10) Your AA name is far too long
9) You're flying our flag
8) You think a DoE for a one-man AA means you can't be attacked
7) We tend to war for the fun of it
6) We like land
5) We like money
4) We like tech
3) You made a spectacle out of your one-man AA and brought it to our attention
2) Because of threads like this one
1) We were paid to
[/quote]

As much as I dislike the GOONS I thoroughly enjoyed reading these reasons. Doing a DoE on the OWF is completely retarded if you do not announce a protector within that thread. These topics are actually quite amusing because people will have no reason to defend you since your a one man alliance and on top of many other reasons. You should really learn how CN Politics Functions and not make such ignorant topics such as these....

That is of course your actually a comedian in disguise, in that case we love it! :D

Edited by SoADarthCyfe6

Frankly, I think making posts on the OWF is somewhat pointless in general. Raiders are supposed to check the wiki nowadays; all posting your treaties on OWF does is give the peanut gallery a chance to weigh in. Better to just note treaties on wiki.

First of all BM, you have been around CN long enough to know better than DOE'ing a one man alliance without a protector. I think you did this for the lulz, and should not be surprised that the GOONS welcome wagon came knocking at your door.

Don't blame the GOONS, blame yourself for being stupid.

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='25 June 2010 - 02:40 PM' timestamp='1277473217' post='2349965']
Meh, even with a protectorate in the works/ready but not posted, one would think that more people would realize that this is how GOONS operates, and can operate, given the amount of backsides they kiss to wedge themselves into the web sufficiently to avoid requiring taking responsibility for anything.
[/quote]
This from the man that took a protectorate from IRON despite not even liking them, and then, shockingly, didnt fight for them when they were getting rolled. Pure genius.

GOONS, thankyou for this thread and keep up the good work

[quote name='Lord Boris' date='25 June 2010 - 06:40 AM' timestamp='1277473217' post='2349965']
[/quote]
Sorry sir, but you are entirely wrong. It has nothing to do with the [i]amount[/i] of backsides you kiss, it's just a matter of kissing the right ones. Quality over quantity!

Seriously though, please tell me more about how we don't take responsibility for anything. [img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/gush.gif[/img]

Edit: spelling

Edited by ktarthan

*forms terrible alliance with no protection*
*gets rolled*

Everything seems to be running smoothly. Well done GOONS [img]http://cngoons.com/Board/Smileys/CN%20Emotes/frogc00l.gif[/img]

[quote name='MagicalTrevor' date='25 June 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1277483118' post='2350094']
This from the man that took a protectorate from IRON despite not even liking them, and then, shockingly, didnt fight for them when they were getting rolled. Pure genius.

GOONS, thankyou for this thread and keep up the good work
[/quote]
This was hilarious.

Secondly, and more to the point an abridged and IN ORDER guide to a DoE:
1) Get protector.
2) Post DoE and Protectorate at the same time.

Alliances tech raid, and they always will. \m/ was disbanded by Sponge ostensibly for the reasons of ending tech raiding, but many of his allies tech raided. Several times since then we have seen crusades to end tech raiding, all have failed and all will fail. Even if GOONS pushes too hard someday and gets rolled for a tech raid gone bad, some other alliance will rise to take their place. It is the circle of life here. Live with it.

[quote name='Ashoka the Great' date='25 June 2010 - 08:00 AM' timestamp='1277470812' post='2349948']
Unless that one person is Opethian.
[/quote]

Indeed

[quote name='BaQuabah' date='25 June 2010 - 09:45 AM' timestamp='1277477092' post='2350012']
PEW PEW PEW
[/quote]

I laughed, I cried, and this made me laugh some more

[quote name='Haflinger' date='25 June 2010 - 11:04 AM' timestamp='1277481879' post='2350082']
Frankly, I think making posts on the OWF is somewhat pointless in general. [/quote]

Then I laughed while crying.

[quote name='gambona' date='25 June 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1277482663' post='2350086']
First of all BM, you have been around CN long enough to know better than DOE'ing a one man alliance without a protector. I think you did this for the lulz, and should not be surprised that the GOONS welcome wagon came knocking at your door.

Don't blame the GOONS, blame yourself for being stupid.
[/quote]
This

BMv2 you should have just stayed in BCOM. Also, don't doubt Randalla she knows her #*$(

[quote name='Haflinger' date='25 June 2010 - 10:04 AM' timestamp='1277481879' post='2350082']
Frankly, I think making posts on the OWF is somewhat pointless in general. Raiders are supposed to check the wiki nowadays; all posting your treaties on OWF does is give the peanut gallery a chance to weigh in. Better to just note treaties on wiki.
[/quote]
Interesting factoid of the day:

For all the :(( GOONS :(( there is out there, and people who think we're just evil irresponsible raiders who bully whoever we want, we actually do a pretty thorough job of making sure our raids stay within acceptable boundaries. We check about five different places before okaying a raid -- one being the wiki and one being the forums. We also have raid auditors who check up on people to make sure people aren't raiding someone they aren't supposed to. And in the instances of raids gone bad, we take responsibility and even suspend raiding privileges.

So it's interesting to say don't bother with the forums, since despite all the hate for GOONS, we'd honor a forum post even if there was nothing on the wiki about it.

[quote name='Beefspari' date='25 June 2010 - 02:45 PM' timestamp='1277502296' post='2350373']
So it's interesting to say don't bother with the forums, since despite all the hate for GOONS, we'd honor a forum post even if there was nothing on the wiki about it.
[/quote]

[s]Technically we honor a public forum announcement [i]above[/i] a wiki post, and in fact in a lot of cases we don't recognize protectorates [i]until[/i] they have been announced publically.[/s]

That being said, I'm pretty sure Haflinger was being sarcastic. Although I can never really tell with that guy.

Edit: Apparently I [b]don't[/b] know everything about everything all the time. What a [i]shock[/i]

Edited by ktarthan