Octava Orden Announcement

Is Bob really this starved for drama? C'mon folks.

Incidentally, the "lol" came after, "..if we were all 8.." so I don't see how that can be connected to.."lol, ur mom has cancer."

BTW.. Xiph... that's one pist Avi. o/

edit: forgot a word

Edited by Valtamdraugr

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='24 June 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1277437826' post='2349609']
Also, I would like to note that Athens is officially unable to work towards mending relations with Octava Orden due to the fact that Ezequiel has banned all Octava Orden members from speaking to Athens members ever again. We look forward to the day when the mighty Ezequiel rescinds his cruel decree, and Athens members are once more allowed to flock to his channel once more.
[/quote]

We are? I guess I didn't get the memo :ph34r:

[quote name='crazy canuck' date='24 June 2010 - 10:08 PM' timestamp='1277438876' post='2349646']
And yet this whole thing sure looks like someone is keeping their options open.
[/quote]

We always keep our options open. ;)

I am quite [s]sad[/s]glad this situation was resolved.

I may or may not be serious.

[quote name='Duncan King' date='24 June 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1277437031' post='2349582']
I'd say that this is exactly what happened and I agree. TIO and their friends went to OO's channel to harass them into saying something stupid so they could threaten them with war. They got what you they wanted and they threatened them.
[/quote]

If this is true, I'm quite upset with TIO and Athens. Absolutely despicable behavior. To leave me out of it like that. I expected better from you both

I'm glad to see this getting resolved it all seems like a big waste of time to me...I just lost my father to lung cancer so I know how touchy this subject can be. As was noted bye The Rec The Mafia was ready to honor our treaty and come to OO's Defense if asked, but we are glad to see that common sense prevailed here.

Wait a minute, let me get this straight. Does this mean we aren't rolling OO?

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

[i]How Keve feels about this: Dissapoint[/i] [IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Keve69/SADKeve.jpg[/IMG]

A your mom joke? Who gets mad at a your mom joke? Seriously are you 10 or something, cause thats the last time I remember someone truly getting upset about a mom joke.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='24 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1277439212' post='2349654']
I believe... HUH? ... is an appropriate response.
[/quote]

Ok, its really rather a simple issue of english comprehension. What do the words [quote]if we wanted a war badly enough, we wouldn't have problems starting one. I am glad that THIS situation is over, for now.[/quote] mean to you?

One readily available interpretation is that the capitalization of the word THIS and the addition of the menacing modifier at the end "for now" means that "this" is not the only issue and the words "for now" certainly means that he is keeping his options open.

Add to that the reference to the fact that this poster believes he has no problems starting wars and you have a post in which it certainly looks like war in the future is not being ruled out.

Edited by crazy canuck

[quote name='Jgoods45' date='25 June 2010 - 12:02 AM' timestamp='1277449343' post='2349846']
We always keep our options open. ;)
[/quote]

I have no doubt about that. I was just surprised the other poster didnt recognize the open ended nature of the message that this had been "resolved" [b]for now[/b].

[quote name='crazy canuck' date='25 June 2010 - 12:58 PM' timestamp='1277485080' post='2350118']
I have no doubt about that. I was just surprised the other poster didnt recognize the open ended nature of the message that this had been "resolved" [b]for now[/b].
[/quote]

OK, we got it bro. Athens [i]could[/i] declare tomorrow if it wanted. Right, got it.

I hate apology topics, especially when they are over matter as trivial as this. Trivial being the best word for the situation, meaning commonplace. Rebel Virginia is correct, this is nothing more than a 'yo mama' joke. The fact that Skippy and crew actually saw this as an opportunity to score PR points or move more in a suitable position to attack OO is completely ridiculous. An NPO parallel has been brought up in this thread, and for once I see it very fitting. The 'victims' in this ordeal seem to be trying to stack a deck of grievances against OO in hopes that they can string them together and shout "See OO won't leave us alone look at A, B, and C" and roll them in the future. Not that I would have any problem with anyone rolling OO, but this thread, these arguments, and everything about this situation is stupid. Shame on all involved parties.

[quote name='Penkala' date='25 June 2010 - 10:12 AM' timestamp='1277485923' post='2350128']
OK, we got it bro. Athens [i]could[/i] declare tomorrow if it wanted. Right, got it.
[/quote]

Good. Glad you see it. But do you see the larger point. Logan put it rather well. I dont know why people dont just admit that this was an over-reaction on the one side since the other side has already done all that is reasonably possible to apologize for what at most was an error in judgment.

Why is it necessary to keep rattling the sabres and keep an open ended threat alive? What is accomplished by that?

Ok, a simple guide. If people come in to your channel again to harass you, ban them immediately. If they screw with access lists, go to an IRCop and you've got a decent chance of getting them z-lined (which would be a hilarious application of true karma).

Also this entire discussion is bad and everyone who pushed it along should feel bad.

[quote name='bigwoody' date='25 June 2010 - 02:15 PM' timestamp='1277489709' post='2350169']
Ok, a simple guide. If people come in to your channel again to harass you, ban them immediately. If they screw with access lists, go to an IRCop and you've got a decent chance of getting them z-lined (which would be a hilarious application of true karma).

Also this entire discussion is bad and everyone who pushed it along should feel bad.
[/quote]

I concur with bigwoody on this one.

And seriously, everyone just needs to grow up. Welcome to the [OOC: internet]. For Christ's sake...