Octava Orden Announcement

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='24 June 2010 - 11:09 PM' timestamp='1277435334' post='2349514']
Um... Where am I enforcing community standards?
[/quote]

My argument is that trying to start a conflict with someone because of a "yo momma" joke on irc is analogous to trying to start a conflict with someone because of a tech raid. Both are community standards because both assign a behavioral requirement derived from a certain ethical viewpoint to the rulers of Bob.

I was under the impression you were the key backer of TIO in this matter. Did I infer incorrectly? If so, I will readily withdraw my accusation from you and assign it to skippy.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came here to say it's completely hilarious to see hegemony figureheads complaining about the validity of CBs. Nevermind what you actually attacked for, you've made [i]threats[/i] to attack (what this was) over so much less.

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='24 June 2010 - 10:33 PM' timestamp='1277436800' post='2349574']
There was 1 win in this, Londo doesn't think I'm that bad. :smug:
[/quote]

That's because you were the only OO gov member who actually tried to de-escalate the situation, and work towards a better future, rather than saying you would never apologize and walking out of talks and then posting an apology thread only hours later. Lol.

Also, I would like to note that Athens is officially unable to work towards mending relations with Octava Orden due to the fact that Ezequiel has banned all Octava Orden members from speaking to Athens members ever again. We look forward to the day when the mighty Ezequiel rescinds his cruel decree, and Athens members are once more allowed to flock to his channel once more.

[quote name='Penkala' date='24 June 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1277437739' post='2349606']
Just came here to say it's completely hilarious to see hegemony figureheads complaining about the validity of CBs. Nevermind what you actually attacked for, you've made [i]threats[/i] to attack (what this was) over so much less.
[/quote]

Like born-again(insert religious affiliation here)... they are all changed and reformed people who now only want peace, harmony and campfire songs.

[quote name='Penkala' date='24 June 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1277437739' post='2349606']
[/quote]
You might wanna back that up by quoting individual posters and citing what you think they've threatened over that's less than this.

I look forward to the ensuing hilarity if you take me up on it. :)

[quote name='Haflinger' date='25 June 2010 - 04:39 AM' timestamp='1277437135' post='2349586']
No, it wasn't NPO. Rush revealed the truth already.

They wanted to start a war with GDI!

Isn't it obvious?

(yes, guys, this is a JOKE. Don't go accusing me of starting conspiracy theories. Maannn. I hope this disclaimer isn't really necessary but given alot of recent posts, I fear it is.)
[/quote]

I got it Haf. ;)

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='24 June 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1277437826' post='2349609']
That's because you were the only OO gov member who actually tried to de-escalate the situation, and work towards a better future, rather than saying you would never apologize and walking out of talks and then posting an apology thread only hours later. Lol.

Also, I would like to note that Athens is officially unable to work towards mending relations with Octava Orden due to the fact that Ezequiel has banned all Octava Orden members from speaking to Athens members ever again. We look forward to the day when the mighty Ezequiel rescinds his cruel decree, and Athens members are once more allowed to flock to his channel once more.
[/quote]
Well if this is the best I get for taking stress, I'll take it. :P

[/quote]

Oh look, someone going to the "hegemony" meme for no good reason...[b]again[/b]. Marvelous. :rolleyes:

[quote name='Haflinger' date='24 June 2010 - 11:51 PM' timestamp='1277437899' post='2349614']
You might wanna back that up by quoting individual posters and citing what you think they've threatened over that's less than this.

I look forward to the ensuing hilarity if you take me up on it. :)
[/quote]

It's kind of hard because these threats were mostly made in private, but it still happened (quite frequently). :)

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='24 June 2010 - 10:46 PM' timestamp='1277437552' post='2349600']
My argument is that trying to start a conflict with someone because of a "yo momma" joke on irc is analogous to trying to start a conflict with someone because of a tech raid. Both are community standards because both assign a behavioral requirement derived from a certain ethical viewpoint to the rulers of Bob.

I was under the impression you were the key backer of TIO in this matter. Did I infer incorrectly? If so, I will readily withdraw my accusation from you and assign it to skippy.[/quote]

We sat in on some talks that OO set up, at the request of TIO, along with GATO, IAA, OO, and some OO allies I believe. The whole situation is monumentally silly, and it's pretty wildly inaccurate to characterize me as a backer of the situation, as if I were trying to spin a war out of this. I'm not. As Rush said, if we wanted a war badly enough, we wouldn't have problems starting one. I am glad that THIS situation is over, for now.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='25 June 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1277438579' post='2349635']As Rush said, if we wanted a war badly enough, we wouldn't have problems starting one. I am glad that THIS situation is over, for now.
[/quote]

I believe Athens has proved as much in the past. >_>

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='25 June 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1277438579' post='2349635']
We sat in on some talks that OO set up, at the request of TIO, along with GATO, IAA, OO, and some OO allies I believe. The whole situation is monumentally silly, and it's pretty wildly inaccurate to characterize me as a backer of the situation, as if I were trying to spin a war out of this. I'm not. As Rush said, if we wanted a war badly enough, we [b]wouldn't have problems starting one.[/b] I am glad that THIS situation is over, for now.
[/quote]

Of course. You have a six month timeline to draw CB ideas from B-)

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='24 June 2010 - 10:58 PM' timestamp='1277438299' post='2349627']
Well if this is the best I get for taking stress, I'll take it. :P
[/quote]

I'm pretty sure you're [size="1"]not allowed to talk to me here[/size], but I'll be vewwy vewwy quiet about it. You seem like a real good guy. :v

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='24 June 2010 - 09:03 PM' timestamp='1277438579' post='2349635']
We sat in on some talks that OO set up, at the request of TIO, along with GATO, IAA, OO, and some OO allies I believe. The whole situation is monumentally silly, and it's pretty wildly inaccurate to characterize me as a backer of the situation, as if I were trying to spin a war out of this. I'm not. As Rush said, if we wanted a war badly enough, we wouldn't have problems starting one. I am glad that THIS situation is over, for now.
[/quote]

And yet this whole thing sure looks like someone is keeping their options open.

[quote name='crazy canuck' date='25 June 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1277438876' post='2349646']
And yet this whole thing sure looks like someone is keeping their options open.
[/quote]

I believe... HUH? ... is an appropriate response.

Now look here, you lot better not start a war over some stupid shenanigans. I for one would be rather cross if the world went to hell over something that not of this realm at all. A lot of sound suggestions, comments and advise has been offered up so far in this discussion by a lot of people from all sides so far, take it.

Mixing drinks is fine, mixing realms, not so much.

[quote name='Alfred von Tirpitz' date='25 June 2010 - 12:15 AM' timestamp='1277439306' post='2349656']
Now look here, you lot better not start a war over some stupid shenanigans. I for one would be rather cross if the world went to hell over something that not of this realm at all. A lot of sound suggestions, comments and advise has been offered up so far in this discussion by a lot of people from all sides so far, take it.

Mixing drinks is fine, mixing realms, not so much.
[/quote]

This man speaks truth, thus I am quoting him. Seriously.

[quote name='Londo Mollari' date='25 June 2010 - 12:03 AM' timestamp='1277438579' post='2349635']
[/quote]

You're right. I apologize, I found the whole concept of negotiations over a "yo momma" joke absurd, but if that was not your doing I am certainly in the wrong. After reviewing their treaties it is their protector i have should have saddled with the charge.

Edit: So if you are not backing them then I will certainly retract my statements.

Edited by Lord Curzon

[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]How about y'all stop using that excuse and accept that wrong doing was done here, and by your side. Whether or not others have done the same or worse in the past is not justification to ignore or accept what TIO is doing here.[/color]

[quote name='commander thrawn' date='25 June 2010 - 12:28 AM' timestamp='1277440094' post='2349672']
Why doesn't someone stop whining about it and do something. Put up or shut up please. :)
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Because nothing has been done yet. If OO is attacked for this I am sure we'll start seeing things happen.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='25 June 2010 - 12:23 AM' timestamp='1277439811' post='2349668']
[color="#0000FF"]How about y'all stop using that excuse and accept that wrong doing was done here, and by your side. Whether or not others have done the same or worse in the past is not justification to ignore or accept what TIO is doing here.[/color]
[/quote]

Did I say that excused any actions? Or did I say it was hilarious to see the hegemony criticize CBs that are stronger than that they've [i]acted upon[/i], let alone what they threatened.