Octava Orden Announcement

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='24 June 2010 - 10:54 PM' timestamp='1277434425' post='2349492']
This stance, may or may not be correct. But, coming from someone so high up in an alliance that went to war to support Polar over .... what amounts to equal, or less validity.... is... funny.
[/quote]

We also said that the Polaris CB was absurd about 20 separate times, very publicly. We hated that CB and that war, and it caused long term damage to our relationship with Polaris.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='24 June 2010 - 07:48 PM' timestamp='1277434063' post='2349482']

You missed the best part of it, the night before Athens/TIO were full-on raiding the Octava Orden Channel, opping/half-opping everybody, screwing up the access list, and then they come in and say that its "immoral" to ban them from that channel.
[/quote]

Like I said, this is what they do on those long lonely nights to make themselves feel special. “Let’s go pick on a small alliance and then make them beg us not to DoW on them.” Wow I wish I could be like TIO and Athens. They are the cool kids.

[quote name='ironchef' date='25 June 2010 - 03:55 AM' timestamp='1277434533' post='2349496']
Yes and we all know how well that turned out for one big alliance that felt it could push other around.
The best thing about history is it has a sick way of repeating itself. B-)
[/quote]
:lol1:

Comparing OO to NPO. Wow.

But yeah it isn't wise, but it makes more sense in this case than OO picking on Athens for instance.

[quote name='ironchef' date='25 June 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1277434861' post='2349502']
Like I said, this is what they do on those long lonely nights to make themselves feel special. “Let’s go pick on a small alliance and then make them beg us not to DoW on them.” Wow I wish I could be like TIO and Athens. They are the cool kids.
[/quote]
I am actually surprised that Archon lets them get away with it. You think he knows about this?

[quote name='Seth Muscarella' date='24 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1277430817' post='2349394']
What's with all this talk of cancer and disease? I thought this was an apology thread. Also, top scientists in Sethikstan have found a cure for the common cancer; any alliance rulers claiming to have it, or having brothers with cancer, enter our borders and be cured!
[/quote]

You must notify Fark of the cure for cancer AT ONCE!

[quote name='Tarikmo' date='24 June 2010 - 09:00 PM' timestamp='1277431206' post='2349406']
I gotta agree with you here, TIO and Athens should take a lesson from TORN, and just preemptive strike just because.
[/quote]

Hahahahahaha

[quote name='Lord Curzon' date='24 June 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1277432322' post='2349428']
Striking how you are defending one action by sarcastically deriding another action which was "wrong" for similar reasons. This whole situation just sounds like another "enforcing community standards". Oh gee, where have I heard that one before? Thats right, I remember, Grub mentioned something about that, right?!?!

Wait.... didn't Grub try and do something about enforcing community standards before the Cluster%#&! war? Oh! Thats right! I remember now! Something to do with Athens raiding some alliance! Holy !@#$! I never thought I would see the day when Londo was "enforcing community standards"! Gee I guess people do really change! What do they say about power again...?
[/quote]

Um... Where am I enforcing community standards?

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='24 June 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1277435147' post='2349510']
I am actually surprised that Archon lets them get away with it. You think he knows about this?
[/quote]
You think he knows about [i]anything[/i] going on right now?? ahahahah!!

I for one approve of everything Athens does though.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='25 June 2010 - 02:09 PM' timestamp='1277435358' post='2349515']
I remember TR. Scamper back behind your betters, you're best at it.
[/quote]
To be quite honest, I have no idea what you are talking about there Xiph, I think we need to talk, I'll be on IRC in about an hour or two.

[quote name='Van Hoo III' date='24 June 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1277430445' post='2349382']
This entire thing was stupid to begin with.
[/quote]

I completely agree. Being log dumped in bad context doesn't bode well for me in this particular situation though.

[quote name='Tarikmo' date='24 June 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1277429537' post='2349345']
Dark Fist agreeing someone else was being Childish, I think I've seen it all.
[/quote]
Thank god someone called this out.

Zeke and OO take my god damn advice and just ignore them.

[quote name='ironchef' date='25 June 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1277434861' post='2349502']
[/quote]

Enlightening those un-involved even though Athens hates OO they were among the first to try and solve things after Eze walked out. So, let's not try to shove this on Athens and "The new hegemony"

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='24 June 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1277436138' post='2349544']
Enlightening those un-involved even though Athens hates OO they were among the first to try and solve things after Eze walked out. So, let's not try to shove this on Athens and "The new hegemony"
[/quote]

Tell the truth Omni. I raged all day about wanting war over this! Stop trying to paint us out to be peacemongers!!!!!!

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='24 June 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1277435147' post='2349510']
[/quote]

lol, its cute that anyone would really think this was actually the case. Lets put the cards on the table, and call a spade a spade. We are on Planet Bob here. The planet where tech deals can be used a CBs. If Athens really sought to roll OO... you know what... they would have been rolled. It really is that simple. We could take the TOP route, and pre-empt them because their dislike of us, leads us to logically conclude, they will try to kill us someday. We might as well get the 1st blow. Or we could fake some logs. Or we could set up some smoke and mirrors diplomatic incident and spin it. Or we could tech raid them. I think you all get the point here.

But Rush, I have SEEN Athens members, some even gov... say that they want to roll OO. ZOMG really? You know how many alliances a day we say that about? Guess what, OO are not special. They are just another acronym. Archon lets us get away with it? With WHAT exactly? By and large, we equate OO to GDI. And Zeke, well, to RyanGDI. He is far too amusing for us to try to get rid of him. In some ways, Zeke deserves a thank you from us, for all of the amusement with which he provides us.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='25 June 2010 - 04:28 AM' timestamp='1277436472' post='2349556']
Tell the truth Omni. I raged all day about wanting war over this! Stop trying to paint us out to be peacemongers!!!!!!
[/quote]

Ok I'll confess! It was really all a clever plot to try and drag NPO back into war. I expect to hear about things in the next PNN.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='24 June 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1277436552' post='2349563']
Ok I'll confess! It was really all a clever plot to try and drag NPO back into war. I expect to hear about things in the next PNN.
[/quote]

Sir Paul is ALWAYS one step ahead of the truth. He knew of this incident before it happened. Probably already has 2 articles written. I bet they are good too!

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='25 June 2010 - 04:29 AM' timestamp='1277436522' post='2349560']
lol, its cute that anyone would really think this was actually the case. Lets put the cards on the table, and call a spade a spade. We are on Planet Bob here. The planet where tech deals can be used a CBs. If Athens really sought to roll OO... you know what... they would have been rolled. It really is that simple. We could take the TOP route, and pre-empt them because their dislike of us, leads us to logically conclude, they will try to kill us someday. We might as well get the 1st blow. Or we could fake some logs. Or we could set up some smoke and mirrors diplomatic incident and spin it. Or we could tech raid them. I think you all get the point here.

But Rush, I have SEEN Athens members, some even gov... say that they want to roll OO. ZOMG really? You know how many alliances a day we say that about? Guess what, OO are not special. They are just another acronym. Archon lets us get away with it? With WHAT exactly? By and large, we equate OO to GDI. And Zeke, well, to RyanGDI. He is far too amusing for us to try to get rid of him. In some ways, Zeke deserves a thank you from us, for all of the amusement with which he provides us.
[/quote]
I think that the fact that you have felt the need to reply to my little joke about the 'Archon controls all' stereotype with this comprehensive and serious rebuttal tells us something. Are you sensitive about the issue because it's close to the truth?

[quote name='Liltrekkie' date='24 June 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1277429214' post='2349329']
I am sorry for Skippy's mom. Not for what happened that night. A timing fail on both our faults should not equal an appology on my part.

If you do not like the answer i have given, query me on the IRC.
[/quote]
You need to stop talking.
[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='24 June 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1277429804' post='2349359']
[color="#0000FF"]This is ridiculous.

OOC: Now I won't pretend to be a fan of Octava Orden, however, they have no reason to have to apologize here. Basically what we have here is a bunch of alliances going into OO's channel in an attempt to harass them. This happens all the time, so nothing to get upset about there. However, liltrekie makes a "your mom is immoral" comment, which really is just a "yo momma" joke. Nothing should have come from it. Nothing.

Skippy, while I can sympathize with your situation having been there myself, there is absolutely no reason you should have brought it up. What liltrekie said is a harmless comment, even considering your situation. Cancer was not being discussed or joked about, and liltrekie knew nothing about your mother, so it could not be taken as a veiled joke.

I am not going to assume you're trying to pull the OOC card for some sort of leverage, but if you are I have say it is quite low way to go. If you truly are upset over it, I give you this advice, as hard as it may be. There is no gentle way to tell you this, but truly you need a thicker skin. You will do yourself no good getting upset over harmless comments like that. None at all.

All that said, OO, which is a good example of how to incompetently run an alliance, is right here. This is just a rather idiotic showing on the part of all other groups involved.[/color]
[/quote]

I'd say that this is exactly what happened and I agree. TIO and their friends went to OO's channel to harass them into saying something stupid so they could threaten them with war. They got what you they wanted and they threatened them.

[quote name='Aimee Mann' date='24 June 2010 - 11:35 PM' timestamp='1277436916' post='2349576']
I think that the fact that you have felt the need to reply to my little joke about the 'Archon controls all' stereotype with this comprehensive and serious rebuttal tells us something. Are you sensitive about the issue because it's close to the truth?
[/quote]

In truth, most of my reply was aimed at the post your post was replying to. I just faile at multi-quotes. I was contributing to the "Archon has lost control" stereotype. If you are unfamiliar with that one, I believe RV could explain it to you. Your joke was not lost on me good sir.

[quote name='Omniscient1' date='24 June 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1277436552' post='2349563']
[/quote]
No, it wasn't NPO. Rush revealed the truth already.

[quote name='Rush Sykes' date='24 June 2010 - 11:29 PM' timestamp='1277436522' post='2349560']
By and large, we equate OO to GDI.
[/quote]
They wanted to start a war with GDI!

Isn't it obvious?

(yes, guys, this is a JOKE. Don't go accusing me of starting conspiracy theories. Maannn. I hope this disclaimer isn't really necessary but given alot of recent posts, I fear it is.)

[quote name='Duncan King' date='24 June 2010 - 11:37 PM' timestamp='1277437031' post='2349582']

I'd say that this is exactly what happened and I agree. TIO and their friends went to OO's channel to harass them into saying something stupid so they could threaten them with war. They got what you they wanted and they threatened them.
[/quote]

Aside from being 100% wrong, this is pretty accurate.

This entire thing is purely ridiculous. I can understand why someone would walk out on "negotiations" when there is nothing to negotiate.

[OOC]Also I love the whole "Someone mistakenly jokes about my mother's condition and it's the end of the world, but still I have no issue using it to score PR points in a game!"[/OOC]

Well, this looks like a whole bunch of silly. None of this should have taken place, and it looks to me that Skippy and OO didn't handle the situation well right from the beginning. OO, TIO and Athens need to get over the problems they have with each other.

EDIT: +OO

Edited by President S O