Octava Orden Announcement

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 08:34 PM' timestamp='1277429665' post='2349353']
You realize he actually laughed after he found out about the situation, right?
[/quote]

Yes I've seen all the logs, and all it amounts to is TIO taking a minor joke and blowing it out of proportion. Admit it, you had nothing better to do, so you decided to take something out of proportion to pick on Octava Orden.

What liltrekkie said wasn't in malice, how could it be when he didn't know? On the other hand, you maliciously took this out of proportion and just had to act like idiots. Congratulations on getting your apology.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 06:34 PM' timestamp='1277429665' post='2349353']
[/quote]

By laugh, do you mean he used lol as a filler, as a lot of people in the internet do? Or do you mean he actually laughed, as in you heard him audibly over IRC? :S

[quote name='Masterfod' date='24 June 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1277429858' post='2349361']
By laugh, do you mean he used lol as a filler, as a lot of people in the internet do? Or do you mean he actually laughed, as in you heard him audibly over IRC? :S
[/quote]
"lol" is a proper filler when finding out someone has cancer. I'll keep that in my notebook.

[quote name='memoryproblems' date='24 June 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1277429824' post='2349360']
Yes I've seen all the logs, and all it amounts to is TIO taking a minor joke and blowing it out of proportion. Admit it, you had nothing better to do, so you decided to take something out of proportion to pick on Octava Orden.

What liltrekkie said wasn't in malice, how could it be when he didn't know? On the other hand, you maliciously took this out of proportion and just had to act like idiots. Congratulations on getting your apology.
[/quote]

There's a difference between making a comment and not knowing, which is what he originally did, and laughing after he found out, which is what he later did.

Regardless, I thank OO for their apology.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1277430083' post='2349367']
"lol" is a proper filler when finding out someone has cancer. I'll keep that in my notebook.
[/quote]

Obviously it wasn't appropriate, but it clearly was not malicious. The way you said "you do know he laughed when he found out" makes it sound like he cackled maniacally.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='24 June 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1277430109' post='2349368']
There's a difference between making a comment and not knowing, which is what he originally did, and laughing after he found out, which is what he later did.
[/quote]

Same answer goes here. You guys are REALLY stretching this.

Edited by Masterfod

[quote]OOC: Now I won't pretend to be a fan of Octava Orden, however, they have no reason to have to apologize here. Basically what we have here is a bunch of alliances going into OO's channel in an attempt to harass them. This happens all the time, so nothing to get upset about there. However, liltrekie makes a "your mom is immoral" comment, which really is just a "yo momma" joke. Nothing should have come from it. Nothing.[/quote]

Hey, we agree! Mark the calendar.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1277429665' post='2349353']
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF]OOC: Jesus Christ this is pathetic. Should he have known Skippy was being serious. There is a chance I would have given a brief chuckle as well. Liltrekie makes a "yo momma" joke and Skippy does something to make him feel bad about it. I would have laughed too had I not known he was serious.

Really, this is ridiculous. And I can tell you I am not happy to see such shoddy CB's used. If you want to roll OO, just say it. Just say it and do it. Want a CB? "We don't like OO." That is honest. This is not. This is you blowing an innocent comment out of proportion. Don't lie about why you're doing this. Just come out and say it.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 09:41 PM' timestamp='1277430083' post='2349367']
[/quote]

I have cancer. I've had Hodgkin's for 9 months. It's not responding to chemotherapy, so I'm probably going to have to get a bone marrow transplant in a few weeks. That's got a decent chance of killing me. I don't care if you laugh at me, make fun of me or say "lol" all you want. And I'm the person with the cancer, first hand! Laugh away. Because, coming from someone with it, laughing at it is about a thousand times better than crying at it. Laugh your $@! off.

[quote name='Masterfod' date='24 June 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1277430158' post='2349371']
Obviously it wasn't appropriate, but it clearly was not malicious. The way you said "you do know he laughed when he found out" makes it sound like he cackled maniacally.

Same answer goes here. You guys are REALLY stretching this.
[/quote]

Maybe it's just me, but I find laughing at cancer to be never an appropriate move.

[quote name='Michael von Prussia' date='24 June 2010 - 08:42 PM' timestamp='1277430109' post='2349368']
[/quote]

Sadly, as it goes through these communications, entirely too many people joke about things of a somber nature. I've heard several times of people responding to a "your mom" joke with "my mom is dead", when it is sadly not true. I would guess that liltrekkie did not believe what Skippy was saying, due to the "boy-who-cried-wolf complex".

You people are being ridiculous. You don't like OO so you try pressing this !@#$%^&*.

[quote name='Liltrekkie' date='24 June 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1277429214' post='2349329']
I am sorry for Skippy's mom. Not for what happened that night. A timing fail on both our faults should not equal an appology on my part.

If you do not like the answer i have given, query me on the IRC.
[/quote]

And thats that.

[quote name='pezstar' date='24 June 2010 - 06:44 PM' timestamp='1277430281' post='2349374']
I have cancer. I've had Hodgkin's for 9 months. It's not responding to chemotherapy, so I'm probably going to have to get a bone marrow transplant in a few weeks. That's got a decent chance of killing me. I don't care if you laugh at me, make fun of me or say "lol" all you want. And I'm the person with the cancer, first hand! Laugh away. Because, coming from someone with it, laughing at it is about a thousand times better than crying at it. Laugh your $@! off.
[/quote]

... I really don't know how to reply to this. I know cancer isn't something that should be thrown around, but when it's put that way, it really puts things in perspective.

[quote name='Masterfod' date='24 June 2010 - 09:47 PM' timestamp='1277430440' post='2349381']
... I really don't know how to reply to this. I know cancer isn't something that should be thrown around, but when it's put that way, it really puts things in perspective.
[/quote]

I think the proper response is "lol".

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='24 June 2010 - 06:41 PM' timestamp='1277430083' post='2349367']
[/quote]

Oh get over it!! My brother has cancer and you can lol about it all you like because I don’t give a !@#$ what you think. It’s IRC and you should not have been in OO’s chan acting like a bunch of $%&@ tards. Do us all a favor and grow some thicker skin or better yet grow the hell up.
Oh and your mom has cancer lol now come attack me or shut the hell up.

[quote name='Dajobo' date='24 June 2010 - 09:52 PM' timestamp='1277430750' post='2349391']
Honestly Zeke has done all he can do now IMO. If it's not enough than that's a clear admission the whole thing is just an excuse to give OO a hard time.
[/quote]

It looks to me like that's all it was to begin with.

What's with all this talk of cancer and disease? I thought this was an apology thread. Also, top scientists in Sethikstan have found a cure for the common cancer; any alliance rulers claiming to have it, or having brothers with cancer, enter our borders and be cured!