Maroon

[b]The Floor of the Imperial Senate, the Imperium Romanum[/b]

[i]The leaders of the various member states of the Imperium Romanum grow silent as the man, known only as the Flying Scotsman, takes his place behind the giant rostrum that dominates the center of the Imperial Senate. The galleries are packed, onlookers and members of the international press crowd the back of the chamber, there is standing room only. He pauses, and then begins[/i]

"Ladies and gentlemen of the Imperium, friends abroad, and leaders across the globe. It is my pleasure to stand before you today on this truly momentous occasion. Recently, we marked the one year anniversary of the day my companions and I brought our noble Imperium back into this world. While many of those old faces have drifted away, claimed by the cruel and unrelenting passage of time, the Imperium I created has become populated by countless new faces and is animated by a spirit which I have not seen since the heady days of this alliance's inception. While I have long since retired as the Imperium's leader, I, on behalf of our current Pontifex, Landru, and the membership of the Imperium, have the honor of christening a new era for the Imperium." [i]He pauses; a broad smile appears upon his face.[/i]

"The members of the Imperium have spoken. In the interests of furthering the internal and external development of our budding alliance, the Imperium Romanum shall hereby be taking up residence on a sphere that has always been very close to my own heart."

"We, ladies and gentlemen, are now... maroon."

[i]He pauses again; the people are on their feet, applause and cheers echoing high into the rafters. The applause eventually subsides, he is not yet finished.[/i]

"Moving forward, I, and the entirety of the government, relish the opportunity to work with our new neighbors for the advancement of this storied sphere. Maroon has a long and rich history which I strongly believe, no sphere can match. I, and everyone in the Imperium, look forward to adding to the rich tapestry that is maroon."

[i]He steps back, his piece said, as the chamber again erupts in thunderous applause.[/i]

[quote name='Believland' date='22 June 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1277266215' post='2347267']
Were you in Terra Cotta?

None the less, congrats on your move to Maroon. Better watch out for Wickedj though, he loves aliens and is a constant observer of the sky
[/quote]
I believe you are thinking of the alliance by the name of Rome.

Good luck FSM. Hope maroon treats you well!

[quote name='Believland' date='23 June 2010 - 05:10 AM' timestamp='1277266215' post='2347267']
Were you in Terra Cotta?

None the less, congrats on your move to Maroon. Better watch out for Wickedj though, he loves aliens and is a constant observer of the sky
[/quote]

That is or was ROME, I believe.

In any case, much obliged. A great day for the Imperium :)

[quote name='savethecheerleader' date='23 June 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1277266337' post='2347270']
I believe you are thinking of the alliance by the name of Rome.

Good luck FSM. Hope maroon treats you well!
[/quote]

Indeed, Rome and IR are two very different alliances.

Thanks STC! I really appreciate it.

my mobile phone didn't allow me to post but all i got to say is, welcome to Maroon... you will live to love it and learn to thrive on it... we are maroon... we are a beast!