OOC Shields

Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='24 June 2010 - 05:32 AM' timestamp='1277357515' post='2348494']
Spot on.

I believe he was talking about interaction between one another, and how this Botha shield stops such madness from occuring. Then again, I'm just here for the frenchfries.

Fake Edit: Popcorn is SO overposted these days...fry it up.
[/quote]

Onion Rings > Fries

There was never any talk on a peace treaty because we agreed to keep it a DPRK/SK situation. Constant bickering but at peace. Thats what we agreed to eh Triyun? Remember?

Oh wait for the purposes of this discussion he wouldn't

01[09:01] <Keshav> though I wuold be looking towards a planned war
[09:01] <Triyun> Thats fine with me
01[09:01] <Keshav> where we become a North Korea/South Korea thing
01[09:01] <Keshav> You gain Sichuan,Hubei,Anhui,Chongqing
01[09:01] <Keshav> and I gain the province in the west below Shandong
06[09:01] * Keshav gets out China map
01[09:01] <Keshav> and then a ceasefire
01[09:01] <Keshav> for a while
[09:01] <Triyun> Guangxi
01[09:01] <Keshav> and Guangxi
01[09:01] <Keshav> and then NK/SK thing

Maybe that should rekindle your memory?

That how we agreed a planned war would END. Our planned war. If we wanted to continue it, you should have just dropped me a line. To work out the battles and such as we did before. You did not and that is why I moved the request to the GM's.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Triyun' date='24 June 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1277387536' post='2348709']
Yes you used the term cease fire and even made a comparison to NK/SK. Cease fire is still at war, and so are the two Koreas. We agreed to end that stage of the conflict not the war. You just proved it right there.
[/quote]

We agreed to end the war that way. You never once told me you wished to continue the war. Probably should have :rolleyes:

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 01:06 PM' timestamp='1277402772' post='2348879']
Keshav, look at your own logs: "Ceasefire [b]for a while[/b]." Not "peace treaty", not "ceasefire lasting indefinitely", not "binding armistice", but a temporary ceasefire. Do you know what "for a while" or temporary means, Keshav?
[/quote]

Be that as it may, shouldn't Keshav have been contacted to plan out the second stag of the war instead of it just happening? After all, the first half of the war was planned, as was the ending to the first half. While I'm not taking either side in this debate I think the primary problem here is that the war was planned the first time and it wasn't the second time leading to confusion and anger. My personal thought on the matter is if you plan half a war you should probably plan the second half as well.

[quote name='Yawoo' date='24 June 2010 - 01:22 PM' timestamp='1277403724' post='2348897']
Be that as it may, shouldn't Keshav have been contacted to plan out the second stag of the war instead of it just happening? After all, the first half of the war was planned, as was the ending to the first half. While I'm not taking either side in this debate I think the primary problem here is that the war was planned the first time and it wasn't the second time leading to confusion and anger. My personal thought on the matter is if you plan half a war you should probably plan the second half as well.
[/quote]

Then these three things should happen:

Triyun contact Keshav.
Keshav agrees that because he only agreed to a [b]temporary stop[/b] that his Botha Mode doesn't let him off the hook.
Triyun and Keshav plan the second stage of the war out and everybody STOPS !@#$%*ING

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1277403864' post='2348898']

Triyun contact Keshav.
Keshav agrees that because he only agreed to a [b]temporary stop[/b] that his Botha Mode doesn't let him off the hook.
Triyun and Keshav plan the second stage of the war out and everybody STOPS !@#$%*ING
[/quote]
Agreed 100%.

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 11:54 PM' timestamp='1277403864' post='2348898']

[b]Triyun contact Keshav.[/b]
[b]Triyun and Keshav[/b] plan the second stage of the war out and everybody STOPS !@#$%*ING
[/quote]

Finally you get it!!

Glory be to heaven!

This is what we were arguing for all this time. Phew, thank god you figure it out at least now.

Here is hope that the second phase of war wont necessitate any such OOC fest and both parties would conduct it with mutual respect and cooperation.

[quote]contact Keshav.
Keshav agrees that because he only agreed to a temporary stop that his Botha Mode doesn't let him off the hook.
Triyun and Keshav mutually agree to turn over China to Atlantis
???
Profit![/quote]

Fix'd

[quote name='king of cochin' date='24 June 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1277404011' post='2348900']
This is what we were arguing for all this time.
[/quote]

Then why did nobody just say it like that? Why all the arguing about Botha Mode and OOC Shields?

[quote name='Sargun' date='25 June 2010 - 12:21 AM' timestamp='1277405472' post='2348919']
Then why did nobody just say it like that? Why all the arguing about Botha Mode and OOC Shields?
[/quote]

The very same thing was said time and again, repeated again and again, but since every thing needs a certain repetition before comprehension (like kids in school repeating mathematical tables in chorus), it took some time for it be to even "more" clear.

I guess when some people talk, an unnecessary defensiveness of thinking develops which prevents them from trying to see the other side's viewpoint, this defensiveness essentially providing a smoke cover by which even if the two sides are saying the same things, because of mis-perceived aggression, it may be perceived as opposing ideas.

This is why I always advocate to think in neutral perspective.

[quote name='king of cochin' date='24 June 2010 - 02:25 PM' timestamp='1277407526' post='2348960']
This is why I always advocate to think in neutral perspective.
[/quote]

Your "neutral perspective" includes calling me a puppet and Triyun the center of a conspiracy.

[b]great job there[/b]

[quote name='Sargun' date='25 June 2010 - 12:56 AM' timestamp='1277407575' post='2348962']
Your "neutral perspective" includes calling me a puppet and Triyun the center of a conspiracy.

[b]great job there[/b]
[/quote]

What can I say, when I feel that neutral perspective is not making any headway, or is being refused to be considered, I revert to my own prejudices and that is when such felicitations are awarded, :P

After all I am not blessed with infinite tolerance and forbearance.

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 11:24 AM' timestamp='1277403864' post='2348898']

Triyun contact Keshav.
[/quote]
Thank you. That's the point half the people in this thread have been advocating all along. :)

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 June 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1277411272' post='2349026']
Thank you. That's the point half the people in this thread have been advocating all along. :)
[/quote]

And that still doesn't change anything. Keshav, for no reason whatsoever, can simply block anything Triyun wants to do. How is that fair?

[quote name='Sargun' date='25 June 2010 - 01:58 AM' timestamp='1277411311' post='2349027']
And that still doesn't change anything. Keshav, for no reason whatsoever, can simply block anything Triyun wants to do. How is that fair?
[/quote]

I mean if what Triyun wants is unconditional surrender then it does not make any sense not to block it, but I admit it should be fought out ICly. Also if keshav is fighting true to IG, it is only fair that for this conflict triyun should also fight only using his IG stats without any multiplier. After all 15000 soldiers IG vs 150000 RP is not exactly fair is it?

[quote name='king of cochin' date='24 June 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1277411708' post='2349032']
I mean if what Triyun wants is unconditional surrender then it does not make any sense not to block it, but I admit it should be fought out ICly. Also if keshav is fighting true to IG, it is only fair that for this conflict triyun should also fight only using his IG stats without any multiplier. After all 15000 soldiers IG vs 150000 RP is not exactly fair is it?
[/quote]

Nobody said anything about that. I'm talking about how if person X wants to invade a certain city, person Y can say that they don't want that city invaded and then the discussion about that is over.

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1277413162' post='2349054']
Nobody said anything about that. I'm talking about how if person X wants to invade a certain city, person Y can say that they don't want that city invaded and then the discussion about that is over.
[/quote]
However, no one other than Junio has abused it like that to this point in time. But if you want to suggest a rule to pre-emptively ban such abuse, suggest it.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 June 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1277414835' post='2349086']
However, no one other than Junio has abused it like that to this point in time. But if you want to suggest a rule to pre-emptively ban such abuse, suggest it.
[/quote]

Actually, Keshav in the first part of the war with Triyun arbitrarily blocked Triyun from doing things he could have easily done in-character.

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 02:29 PM' timestamp='1277414942' post='2349092']
Actually, Keshav in the first part of the war with Triyun arbitrarily blocked Triyun from doing things he could have easily done in-character.
[/quote]
Did he now? Like what? Taking huge swathes of territory?

Oh wait, Triyun DID take a lot of land.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 June 2010 - 06:22 PM' timestamp='1277418158' post='2349175']

[/quote]

That should be dealt with IC. Someone taking a lot of land? IC political maneuvers are waiting.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='24 June 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1277418158' post='2349175']

[/quote]

And Triyun could have taken more had Keshav not arbitrarily blocked him from doing something perfectly legitimate.