OOC Shields

Voodoo Nova

[quote name='Triyun' date='24 June 2010 - 02:33 AM' timestamp='1277326967' post='2348017']
Planned wars in my mind are an agreement too the war. I do not believe that every aspect of a war should be planned out and that competition should be wiped from the map. That takes out the fun in a good chunk of RPing. Without that its text sim city.
[/quote]

If it is indeed an agreement to a war then that agreement has been violated by you with respect to keshav. From what keshav has said you both agreed to a limited war, with the consequence of you getting several of his provinces. I dont think keshav and you made any agreement on him being robbed of all his land.

Also true, not all tactics need to be planned, but the strategy ought to be. Should I educate you on the difference between tactic and strategy? Battle and War?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='23 June 2010 - 10:20 PM' timestamp='1277324387' post='2347969']
You seem to speak for a group, but it certainly isnt CNRP.
[/quote]

If you would take the time to read back you would notice that there are more people saying to drop the no treaty rule so therefore the we. Don't assume too much before reading everything.

Planned wars in my mind...

[img]http://rlv.zcache.com/in_my_mind_im_a_kenyan_in_my_legs_im_a_tshirt-p2352163622279950743wh7_400.jpg[/img]

I seriously dont get why we are even continuing this thread.

[quote name='Centurius' date='23 June 2010 - 04:16 PM' timestamp='1277327792' post='2348038']
If you would take the time to read back you would notice that there are more people saying to drop the no treaty rule so therefore the we. Don't assume too much before reading everything.
[/quote]

I did, simply stating that the 3...4.. people who have posted the absolute NEED ot drop OOC shields are the only ones in CNRP who feel that way.

Unless there are more #nordic members that need to post, but have not made an appearance yet.

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='23 June 2010 - 04:27 PM' timestamp='1277328426' post='2348052']
I did, simply stating that the 3...4.. people who have posted the absolute NEED ot drop OOC shields are the only ones in CNRP who feel that way.

Unless there are more #nordic members that need to post, but have not made an appearance yet.
[/quote]

Now that you've lost all of your credibility by suggesting there is a conspiracy going on, let's move on.

Keshav, you and Triyun agreed to a war. A ceasefire is NOT an end to a war and is a temporary means. Technically, you two are still at war - so the problem here really is that Keshav doesn't want to finish the war that he never actually ended.

[quote name='Sargun' date='24 June 2010 - 03:06 AM' timestamp='1277328984' post='2348061']
Now that you've lost all of your credibility by suggesting there is a conspiracy going on, let's move on.

Keshav, you and Triyun agreed to a war. A ceasefire is NOT an end to a war and is a temporary means. Technically, you two are still at war - so the problem here really is that Keshav doesn't want to finish the war that he never actually ended.
[/quote]

Now that you have proved your reading incomprehension let me point it out to you that Keshav is actually arguing that a planned war was continued without it being planned with him. A planned war does not mean just that its start is agreed upon, its end results are also agreed upon. The violation of cease fire and the new offensive had not been planned with Keshav.

[quote name='Sargun' date='23 June 2010 - 04:36 PM' timestamp='1277328984' post='2348061']

[/quote]

Thanks, love.

But for a name for the grouping, I displayed an IRC channel. One that 1..2..all of the people who are allied to Triyun and are in this debate seem to be in.

I challenge myself to find it on anyones, but the supr skrt club is locked, hidden, and not on anyones.

Maybe it just doesnt exist.

* You were kicked from #nordic by ChanServ (You are not permitted to be on this channel.)

Or maybe people take this game SO serious, we need to orchestrate OOCly how we plan to $%&@ everyone elses game up by altering it OOCly through this cry baby !@#$%^&* thread after thread after thread.

Just a maybe.

I thought this thread was to gauge opinion on the CNRP community's feelings on OOC shields, not whether or not they're rooting for team Triyun or Keshav.

To be a hypocrite, so this whole issue is because Triyun refuses to plan out the war with Keshav? Are you afraid Keshav's input will cramp your style Triyun?

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='23 June 2010 - 05:04 PM' timestamp='1277330646' post='2348100']
I thought this thread was to gauge opinion on the CNRP community's feelings on OOC shields, not whether or not they're rooting for team Triyun or Keshav.

To be a hypocrite, so this whole issue is because Triyun refuses to plan out the war with Keshav? Are you afraid Keshav's input will cramp your style Triyun?
[/quote]

Other way around I think, Keshav doesn't want to RP a war with Triyun as he went into Botha mode so he could RP his own thing without much intervention from others.

[quote name='Kevin Kingswell' date='23 June 2010 - 06:42 PM' timestamp='1277332929' post='2348133']
Other way around I think, Keshav doesn't want to RP a war with Triyun as he went into Botha mode so he could RP his own thing without much intervention from others.
[/quote]

I'd really like to be briefed on the issue at hand... now I'm getting the vibe that they originally planned the start of the war, only triyun took it in another direction...

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='24 June 2010 - 12:44 AM' timestamp='1277333067' post='2348137']
I'd really like to be briefed on the issue at hand... now I'm getting the vibe that they originally planned the start of the war, only triyun took it in another direction...
[/quote]

They planned the war until the point of a ceasefire, Triyun now wants to continue after the cease-fire an unplanned change but ic'ly a continuation of the same conflict.

[quote name='Triyun' date='23 June 2010 - 04:23 PM' timestamp='1277324566' post='2347973']
Cease fire =/= end of war, it means a pause in hostilities. There was no peace treaty.

Edit:

China is one nation MyKep. It has been considered such since the Qin Dynasty. Dynasties have originated in different areas throughout China but it does not change the fact it is a single country, and RPing a Chinese nationalist force I will treat it as such.
[/quote]

Italy has also been subject to unifying and nationalist pressures throughout history, which is why here in CNRP there is movement to unite Italy under one banner.... oh wait, there are actually more Italian States every day.

Triyun, unlike you, not everyone sees CNRP as a direct correlation to the Real World, in my opinion if this were a RP based on the real world then we would be using stats based on real world nations, not invented nations from a computer game. This is a 'Fantasy RP' where our nations are (in one way or another) based off of the amount of pixels our CN Nation has.

CNRP operates in a world entirely removed from the real world, if it wasnt I would wonder how the politically divided continents of Africa and South America somehow overcame ethnic and cultural divisions to be united under a handful of large and exceptionally stable nations. If this were RL I would wonder how India somehow came to control vast swathes of Central Asia even though Central Asia is an ethnic hodge-podge, is totally different from India, and is terribly unstable. I would also wonder how the Slavs all managed to come together when all the Balkan ethnicities despise one another.

CNRP is fantasy, it is based off of our CN Nations. Elements of RL are used by some players and its not disputed by the community because it mostly stays domestic. Sometimes RL movements are used as IC propaganda, but to OOCly insist that the RP area of China should be a single nation because of RL China's history is ludicrous.

CNRP=/= RLRP

[quote name='Centurius' date='23 June 2010 - 03:53 PM' timestamp='1277333574' post='2348147']
They planned the war until the point of a ceasefire, Triyun now wants to continue after the cease-fire an unplanned change but ic'ly a continuation of the same conflict.
[/quote]
Which defeats the whole purpose of [i]planned [/i]war.

To further Sargun's point, I never have seen in any logs the mention of peace treaty, simply cease fire which as he correctly points out and I assume is fairly well known knowledge in CN RP does not equal peace treaty.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='23 June 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1277333910' post='2348155']
The point is, continuation of an old war or start of a new one...this resumption of hostilities [i]was not planned[/i]. Triyun and Keshav agreed top plan out the war...where's the planning in this unilateral resumption of hostilities?
[/quote]

[s]OOCly, it could be considered two separate conflicts. ICly it is the same, continuous conflict. It is all dependent on how one views it OOCly in terms of beginning, middle and end. [/s]

Misread your post.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

[quote name='king of cochin' date='23 June 2010 - 04:44 PM' timestamp='1277329437' post='2348076']
Now that you have proved your reading incomprehension let me point it out to you that Keshav is actually arguing that a planned war was continued without it being planned with him. A planned war does not mean just that its start is agreed upon, its end results are also agreed upon. The violation of cease fire and the new offensive had not been planned with Keshav.
[/quote]

That is [b]not[/b] what a planned war means. The fact is that there is no blanket definition of "planned war". One person thinks a planned war is simply coming forward to him and telling him a war will be happening soon, while another thinks every single battle needs to be planned out. Further, there is nothing stopping a person from breaking off the planned war route. If I planned a war with Mudd and then he reneged on the plan, if I ignored the attack then I would be wiped for ignoring a war.

[quote name='Tidy Bowl Man' date='23 June 2010 - 08:18 PM' timestamp='1277342263' post='2348269']
Face it boys and girls, the Pacificans are back in town and what they want, they scream until they get it. Be ready to reroll until they collapse again or ragequit enmasse like they did with GNR.
[/quote]

Yes, because Martens and BR were [i]definitely[/i] in the NPO.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Acca Dacca' date='23 June 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1277330555' post='2348099']
Or maybe people take this game SO serious, we need to orchestrate OOCly how we plan to $%&@ everyone elses game up by altering it OOCly through this cry baby !@#$%^&* thread after thread after thread.

Just a maybe.
[/quote]

You seem to be confirmation of the latter point.

The author of this thread is simply asking for rules that are written to be enforced rather than new ones created.

[quote name='Triyun' date='23 June 2010 - 10:06 PM' timestamp='1277348759' post='2348390']
You seem to be confirmation of the latter point.

The author of this thread is simply asking for rules that are written to be enforced rather than new ones created.
[/quote]

Spot on.

I believe he was talking about interaction between one another, and how this Botha shield stops such madness from occuring. Then again, I'm just here for the frenchfries.

Fake Edit: Popcorn is SO overposted these days...fry it up.