[center][img]http://blackstonecommission.com/forums/images/seals/DoAd.png[/img][/center]

Greetings Citizens,

BCOM hasn't been around very long, only a little over 2 months, but we feel there are still many concerns out there regarding us, the former incarnation of Blackstone, and our recent choices. So we felt it was only right to give all citizens of Bob a chance to ask those tough questions they've been holding back or haven't gotten the time to ask.

Ask away!

For those who feel the need to debate, lets keep that out please, ask your questions we will respond with our answer, and then move on. If you feel a more detailed answer or more detailed opinion is needed contact us @ #blackstone on IRC or [url="http://blackstonecommission.com"]www.blackstonecommission.com[/url]

/s/
[b]-The Department of Administration [/b]

[color="#FF0000"]NOTE: All members are free to respond to this thread, the views and opinions of those members are exactly that, THEIR opinions. The only members who speak on behalf of BCOM as a whole are PotFace, Reagan, Hadrian and BMv2[/color]

Is Reagan doing your graphics?
If so, what program is he using?
And how hard is it?
And where he get it?
And how much?
And easy to learn?
And did he take a class to learn or and is it self taught?

Edited by Fernando12

[quote name='Fernando12' date='21 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1277171617' post='2345998']
And how hard is it?
And where he get it?
And how much?
And easy to learn?
[/quote]

No, PotFace is.
Idk, Corel something or another.
Hell if I know.
Idk
Idk
Probably not.
Not really sure, he's just amazing.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='21 June 2010 - 08:53 PM' timestamp='1277171617' post='2345998']
And how hard is it?
And where he get it?
And how much?
And easy to learn?
[/quote]

I'm using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X. As far as the program goes, well, it's not as powerful as your Adobe products, however, it doesn't lag behind by much. I prefer it since I've been using it for about 10 years now - at that point, you can't teach an old dog new tricks. It's pretty simple stuff - I got one of our guys hooked on it, and only after 2 weeks, he's really beginning to produce some quality stuff. I pointed him in the right direction as far as online-tutorials go, and I've given him a few pointers as well.

As far as the other details, come by our channel and look me up.

[quote name='Chron' date='21 June 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1277177775' post='2346140']
Would you be willing to help out other alliance's graphics departments as well? Im looking to expand our department, since we're relatively understaffed as it is.
[/quote]

Certainly. As you can understand, I'm more than an artist and I'm constantly working (as are all of us) to operate BCOM. I don't have much time to contribute directly, but, I should be able to train a volunteer for you guys, so that he or she may teach others.

[quote name='Ashok' date='21 June 2010 - 10:36 PM' timestamp='1277177779' post='2346141']
How do you feel about your move to brown? Is it everything that you wanted it to be and are we being as helpful hosts as we can be?
[/quote]

You guys have been nothing short of phenomenal. It's because of the great players and organizations on brown that gives me the ability to say that we truly feel that we are finally "home". We appreciate everything you guys have done so far, and a main motivator behind our drive is the fact that we're so eager to be able to return the favor.

[quote name='PotFace' date='21 June 2010 - 10:44 PM' timestamp='1277178245' post='2346151']
You guys have been nothing short of phenomenal. It's because of the great players and organizations on brown that gives me the ability to say that we truly feel that we are finally "home". We appreciate everything you guys have done so far, and a main motivator behind our drive is the fact that we're so eager to be able to return the favor.
[/quote]

That is good. As to your last statement how do you feel you can contribute best to the brown sphere/return the favor?

[quote name='PotFace' date='21 June 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1277178245' post='2346151']
Certainly. As you can understand, I'm more than an artist and I'm constantly working (as are all of us) to operate BCOM. I don't have much time to contribute directly, but, I should be able to train a volunteer for you guys, so that he or she may teach others.

[/quote]
Thats precisely what I was hoping for.

Thank you.

[quote name='Ashok' date='21 June 2010 - 10:49 PM' timestamp='1277178551' post='2346160']
That is good. As to your last statement how do you feel you can contribute best to the brown sphere/return the favor?
[/quote]

Well, as of now, due to our size, we can't contribute much man-power toward making it a better place. That, of course, is temporary. However, there's other things that we can do to help breathe more life into it. We are filled with ideas that may do just that. Once we settle down over here and finish getting every thing just the way we like it, then we'll be able to go down that path at full throttle. Because we're all competing with other economic teams, I don't want to disclose those ideas here in full view.

[quote name='The Corrupt Teacher' date='21 June 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1277178637' post='2346163']
How do you tolerate Combat Pope? :P
[/quote]

We welcomed him to BCOM with plane tickets and vacation time, lol.

[quote name='Jrenster' date='22 June 2010 - 12:00 PM' timestamp='1277226014' post='2346645']
When you join Terra Cotta, how do you think we should edit the signature to include your flag without it looking weird?
[/quote]

Well, it would have to be heavily edited, and it just so happens to be, that I'm an artist :D And so, I'll come up with a few concepts for the signature and submit them to Terra Cotta for review and subsequent approval.

[quote name='Believland' date='22 June 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1277229901' post='2346729']
What are your goals for External and Internal growth in the upcoming months? How do you plan to reach and exceed these goals?
[/quote]

I [i]love[/i] questions like these.

Internally, we're going to finish up with departmental construction and focus our energy on recruiting. Externally, we are going to focus more on strengthening the bonds that we already have rather than establishing new ones. "Goals", here at BCOM, take on a different purpose. We don't set numbers. We don't set time-frames. If we were all competing at a running track, we're the ones that don't pay much attention to the stop watch or the finish line. We just run like hell, giving 110%, and when we feel that we are about to lose consciousness, we'll take a glance at what we had accomplished.

And so, our "goal" is to charge at full throttle and never look back. We have plenty of practice with that already, so the goal is very achievable. Also, when you do it that way, you're usually astonished by what you have accomplished. We're pretty amazed at what we've already accomplished in just the short time we've been here since our DoE on 4/20.

[quote name='Cesar Julian' date='22 June 2010 - 10:56 PM' timestamp='1277265352' post='2347244']
What is the purpose of the alliance? Why does it exist? / What is the main objective, ideal, vision, etc that keeps the alliance toghether and moving forward?
[/quote]

Well, I suppose the purpose of BCOM is much the same as other alliances - to compete in the cyberverse. Our main objective (vision, ideal) is to "win", or otherwise become a great alliance. We're looking to "out-do" as many as we can, on as many fronts as we can. We pay more attention to the issues at hand than we do the vision itself. For us, it's a series of small victories that we are sure will eventually add-up to establishing ourselves as an epic alliance.

[quote name='PotFace' date='23 June 2010 - 09:42 AM' timestamp='1277300517' post='2347641']
Well, I suppose the purpose of BCOM is much the same as other alliances - to compete in the cyberverse. Our main objective (vision, ideal) is to "win", or otherwise become a great alliance. We're looking to "out-do" as many as we can, on as many fronts as we can. We pay more attention to the issues at hand than we do the vision itself. For us, it's a series of small victories that we are sure will eventually add-up to establishing ourselves as an epic alliance.
[/quote]

It also helps that we have a great group of guys who have bonded well and enjoy hanging out with each other and working together. It gets so busy at times, we have to slow ourselves down. We've put a lot of effort into what we're doing behind the scenes to ensure we've created the best possible environment for our new recruits once we're ready to go full steam ahead. As Pot stated, it's not so much about quantity as quality, but at the same time we believe we can produce a quantity of quality members by having the right programs in place and the right people heading up those programs.

[i]Now if Pot will just fix the boards![/i]

[quote name='Locke426' date='26 June 2010 - 07:51 AM' timestamp='1277556671' post='2350899']
How do you feel about BMv2 leaving to form his new alliance?
How do you feel about him being raided and his subsequent thread concerning such raiding?
[/quote]

I'll answer these for you, so BCOM doesn't have to waste their ohso precious time doing what they do.

1. They hate me, have banned me from their forums and their IRC channel. :D
2. They thinks its hilarious, and have congratulated GOONS.

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='26 June 2010 - 04:31 PM' timestamp='1277587868' post='2351238']
1. They hate me, have banned me from their forums and their IRC channel. :D[/quote]
To be fair, you left a gov't position with (apparently) no notice.

[quote name='Neo Uruk' date='26 June 2010 - 05:01 PM' timestamp='1277589696' post='2351269']
To be fair, you left a gov't position with (apparently) no notice.
[/quote]

Yea so they say, I guess posting a Resignation from the government position on the forums and informing the Executive Director of the alliance on IRC wasn't enough. :/

[quote name='Blind Murder v2' date='26 June 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1277590946' post='2351287']
Yea so they say, I guess posting a Resignation from the government position on the forums and informing the Executive Director of the alliance on IRC wasn't enough. :/
[/quote]

Well usually you know a member would give them a little notice, explain why (to an extent) and make sure there were no loose ends or hard feelings, but I guess that works too.