GOONS is attacking a defenseless alliance!

ColwynMyself

[quote name='ChairmanHal' date='19 June 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1276973126' post='2343057']
...snip...

Lesson 3: Arguing with GOONS (or similar alliances) on the OWF is fun for sport, useless if you want to do serious diplomacy. Until your alliance is large enough and connected enough, deal with GOONS as you if you were a tourist in a 3rd world nation and they were the local paramilitary force--firm but polite until you get out of range of their AK-47s.
[/quote]

The realm of the Unrecognized or Unaligned = 3rd world nation
Unrecognized alliances = tourist
GOONS = paramilitary force imposing their jurisdiction on said 3rd world nation

That is an interesting interpretation of raiding. [s]Also, a very sad state of affairs.[/s]

Edit: When I say sad I'm really referring to the belief I have that liberal ideals, that of cooperation and commerce, define the interaction between the unrecognized/unaligned and the Alliances of Bob. So it is sad in the sense that your described narrative opposes those ideals.

Edited by eyriq

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='eyriq' date='19 June 2010 - 04:32 PM' timestamp='1276979523' post='2343125']

That is an interesting interpretation of raiding. [s]Also, a very sad state of affairs.[/s]

Edit: When I say sad I'm really referring to the belief I have that liberal ideals, that of cooperation and commerce, define the interaction between the unrecognized/unaligned and the Alliances of Bob. So it is sad in the sense that your described narrative opposes those ideals.
[/quote]Sad? I dunno. I rather liked the part where we were a paramilitary organization. Pew pew and all that.

So to clarify... Is BoS protected by someone now?

Edited by Archanis

[quote name='eyriq' date='19 June 2010 - 01:32 PM' timestamp='1276979523' post='2343125']

[/quote]
Stronger eat the weaker, its the way of the world. Why should I pay for tech when I can have fun getting it for free

[quote name='magicninja' date='20 June 2010 - 04:18 AM' timestamp='1277032695' post='2343637']
Oh GOONS. Soon we'll expect a thread like this every week.
[/quote]
Soon? I already expect a thread like this every week, but the boys have been slacking.

[quote name='ktarthan' date='20 June 2010 - 09:55 PM' timestamp='1277088891' post='2344522']
Soon? I already expect a thread like this every week, but the boys have been slacking.
[/quote]We're griefing as fast as we can sir!