GOONS is attacking a defenseless alliance!

ColwynMyself

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1276824666' post='2341303']
Also, what's CnG?
[/quote]
I believe they are the "Hegemony".

Anyway why should we believe you about this protectorate?

Because you can talk to them... You are aware I never said FoS was giving us protection, right? I only said NEAT was.

In any case you can talk to jayhova from NEAT - http://z8.invisionfree.com/NEAT

Edited by ColwynMyself

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1276825113' post='2341317']
Because you can talk to them... You are aware I never said FoS was giving us protection, right? I only said NEAT was.

In any case you can talk to jayhova from NEAT ([url="http://z8.invisionfree.com/NEAT)."]http://z8.invisionfree.com/NEAT).[/url]
[/quote]I've checked NEAT's forums. Newest post in their treaty section is from may. No sign of anything there about BoS.

Gonna need someone else to confirm this for BoS, someone from NEAT preferably, before I buy into this.

[quote name='Archanis' date='17 June 2010 - 06:39 PM' timestamp='1276825150' post='2341318']
I've checked NEAT's forums. Newest post in their treaty section is from may. No sign of anything there about BoS.

Gonna need someone else to confirm this for BoS, someone from NEAT preferably, before I buy into this.
[/quote]

So talk to jayhova. That's why I put them there.

Private channels FTW. The whole "GOONS ARE TERRIBLE AND YOU SHOULD KILL THEM ALL LOL" move never works. Dragging that into the international community's front yard is the political equivalent of punching a bodybuilder- You don't accomplish anything, and just end up pissing the larger party off.

Edited by Ernesto Che Guevara

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 07:16 PM' timestamp='1276823751' post='2341289']
Alright, so to clear this up. I registered and applied for diplomacy, so did NicholasCage. I was ignored (probably 1.5-2 months ago) and then it was given to him (by you, Beefspari, so don't say we didn't sign up) but then removed by one of your co-pilots who claimed he was not part of an alliance. (http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?topic=3832.0) < NicholasCage's app.

[/quote]

That's not what was meant. One of your friends applying for a diplomat mask two months ago does not equal applying for mercy from a recent raid. If you would have just asked for mercy at the time you posted this thread the whole situation could have been resolved days ago with one silly drawing or poem. Whining to the global stage and then lying about a protectorate is far from a good way to handle this.

You really ought to find someone to mentor you in the ways of this world.

Edited by magicmountain

[quote name='magicmountain' date='17 June 2010 - 06:50 PM' timestamp='1276825796' post='2341330']
That's not what was meant. One of your friends applying for a diplomat mask two months ago does not equal applying for mercy from raids. If you would have just applied for mercy at the time you posted this thread the whole situation would have been resolved days ago. Whining to the global stage and then lying about a protectorate is far from a good way to handle this.

You really ought to find someone to mentor you in the ways of this world.
[/quote]

Okay, so [b]I[/b] am the one who applied months ago, NicholasCage applied 3 days ago. Try reading what I say before bashing me on it. Then I never lied about a protectorate, jayhova said NEAT would be our protectorate. That is what I said. I never lied about our protectorate, as much as I'm sure you guys hate to read everything, do it before you call someone else out on the details. Someone [b]claimed[/b] I lied about our protectorate, they were wrong, I cleared that up and then you guys kept the assumption they made.

The only thing I was wrong about was the membership into FoS, that's because I assumed my person took care of it, they didn't and I'm doing that now.

You really ought to read before posting.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1276826315' post='2341340']
Okay, so [b]I[/b] am the one who applied months ago, NicholasCage applied 3 days ago. Try reading what I say before bashing me on it. Then I never lied about a protectorate, jayhova said NEAT would be our protectorate. That is what I said. I never lied about our protectorate, as much as I'm sure you guys hate to read everything, do it before you call someone else out on the details. Someone [b]claimed[/b] I lied about our protectorate, they were wrong, I cleared that up and then you guys kept the assumption they made.

The only thing I was wrong about was the membership into FoS, that's because I assumed my person took care of it, they didn't and I'm doing that now.

[/quote]
Whatever the case, if you have a protectorate you really need to have them get it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=70]announced[/url] to make it official. I'm extremely suspicious of your story as there is nothing on the treaty section of NEAR forums regarding you and there is nobody to talk to on IRC. Messages regarding your case have not been returned. They seem far too inactive to make you a formal offer for protection.

Edited by Sardonic

[quote name='Sardonic' date='17 June 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1276831722' post='2341442']
Whatever the case, if you have a protectorate you really need to have them get it [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=70]announced[/url] to make it official. I'm extremely suspicious of your story as there is nothing on the treaty section of NEAR forums regarding you and there is nobody to talk to on IRC. Messages regarding your case have not been returned. They seem far too inactive to make you a formal offer for protection.
[/quote]
Yeah, I told them to get that up ASAP. And I do understand your skepticism. But I have talked to NEAT, they have 24 people (who are all strong) so the IRC thing makes sense. I'm guessing you don't need our IRC since you just need confirmation from them. I'll see what I can do about getting them to talk to you ASAP.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='17 June 2010 - 11:22 PM' timestamp='1276834924' post='2341530']
pardon me, I couldn't hear you over the sound of ColwynMyself's house of cards collapsing.
[/quote]

It's not unreasonable for something as important as a Protectorate Treaty to take time to discuss and work out. At least he's looking, so no one else needs give that advice.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='17 June 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1276834924' post='2341530']
pardon me, I couldn't hear you over the sound of ColwynMyself's house of cards collapsing.
[/quote]
We hit the bullseye and the dominos fell like a house of cards. Checkmate.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1276826315' post='2341340']
Then I never lied about a protectorate, jayhova said NEAT would be our protectorate. That is what I said. I never lied about our protectorate, as much as I'm sure you guys hate to read everything, do it before you call someone else out on the details. Someone [b]claimed[/b] I lied about our protectorate, they were wrong,

[/quote]
You really ought to get your facts straight before posting

I am sorry for all the headaches and confusion this has given you colwyn, There is alot to learn about how to handle the OWF and treaties and such. As I already mentioned on the FoS boards to you last night, always always always double check things before you make them public, just in case you are wrong, because if you are wrong, people here on the OWF will give you no mercy. Anything not posted as an announcement or posted on the CN wiki is generally not considered valid until it is done so, even if you agree to it in private. Things like announcements of surrender don't actually apply until they are posted, not when both parties agree to them. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson here in the last 2 days. If you have any questions regarding anything don't hesitate to ask us on the FoS forums and we will help you out.

~Guffey

[quote name='Guffey' date='18 June 2010 - 03:56 AM' timestamp='1276858560' post='2341769']
I am sorry for all the headaches and confusion this has given you colwyn, There is alot to learn about how to handle the OWF and treaties and such. As I already mentioned on the FoS boards to you last night, always always always double check things before you make them public, just in case you are wrong, because if you are wrong, people here on the OWF will give you no mercy. Anything not posted as an announcement or posted on the CN wiki is generally not considered valid until it is done so, even if you agree to it in private. Things like announcements of surrender don't actually apply until they are posted, not when both parties agree to them. I hope you have learned a valuable lesson here in the last 2 days. If you have any questions regarding anything don't hesitate to ask us on the FoS forums and we will help you out.

~Guffey
[/quote]
Yeah, there a bunch of things I've been learning pretty quickly. The etiquette of CN is still something that's new to me and a lot of this is because of that. In any case, it's looking like things will be resolved pretty soon.

And you'll definitely be hearing more from me. Thank you.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='18 June 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1276898001' post='2342246']
Yeah, there a bunch of things I've been learning pretty quickly. The etiquette of CN is still something that's new to me and a lot of this is because of that. In any case, it's looking like things will be resolved pretty soon.

[/quote]

Very nice. This is the right kind of attitude to have. I see you're going to make an excellent poster/personality on the OWF some day. Keep up the good work.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='18 June 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1276898001' post='2342246']

[/quote]

Lesson 1: Alliances that go it alone are alliances under attack. Yes, that includes "neutral" alliances. "Neutral" alliances who aren't currently under attack have reached an accord with enough of Planet Bob that they are relatively safe for the moment. Note the keywords: "for the moment".

Lesson 2: Always get a treaty in writing. "But I thought we had an agreement when we talked on IRC!" is worth warm spit. "We don't sign treaties we make friends" means that you are allies so long as it is convenient for you to be friends.

Lesson 3: Arguing with GOONS (or similar alliances) on the OWF is fun for sport, useless if you want to do serious diplomacy. Until your alliance is large enough and connected enough, deal with GOONS as you if you were a tourist in a 3rd world nation and they were the local paramilitary force--firm but polite until you get out of range of their AK-47s.

Lesson 4: It is perfectly acceptable to withhold information in diplomatic negotiations. It is never ok to lie. People can and do record every word you say in a private negotiation (and so should you). People who lie rather frequently find their words posted on the OWF either to be ridiculed or as the CB in a declaration of war.

That should hold you for now. Good luck to you.