GOONS is attacking a defenseless alliance!

ColwynMyself

[quote name='Penkala' date='16 June 2010 - 02:11 PM' timestamp='1276715456' post='2339722']
What? They said they're going to buckle down and fight rather than beg for mercy. How is that cowardly?
[/quote]

I don't think anyone said they were cowardly, just that loudly whining doesn't display Balls Of Steel.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Bob Janova' date='16 June 2010 - 01:52 PM' timestamp='1276692707' post='2339398']
Unfortunately most of the world recently decided that they'd prefer to join a global war on the side of unapologetic tech raiders instead of those who were trying to put a lid on the practice, so there's not really any will to make alliances like GOONS stop picking on the weak. So yeah, small alliances need to find a protector because otherwise they'll get bullied out of existence.
[/quote]

Actually, I'd disagree with you Bob. There are still alot of people out there standing up for raid victims. FoS has been wonderful at helping tech raid victims out.

The main reason no one will help is because it takes time and resources they don't want to give. It takes a few seconds to inform these guys who to seek out to get a protector to make these raids stop. Instead of taking those few seconds people would rather sit on the sidelines and say how disgusting GOONS are and not do anything.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='16 June 2010 - 08:32 PM' timestamp='1276716733' post='2339746']
I don't think anyone said they were cowardly, just that loudly whining doesn't display Balls Of Steel.
[/quote]
If they know anything about the OW forums than it actually does.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 June 2010 - 12:19 PM' timestamp='1276712366' post='2339672']
....or treaty an alliance that does like GOONS because they're more fun. :rolleyes:
[/quote]
I wonder, have we ever treatied with or signed a protectorate with someone we just got done attacking? If not, maybe we should. It would be funny.

Hey didn't that happen with Facepunch, now that I think about it?

[quote name='Lord Gobb' date='16 June 2010 - 09:48 AM' timestamp='1276706912' post='2339572']
Sigh

If only we had these threads

If only..

I really envy you, GOONS
[/quote]
:(( Mushroom Kingdom :((

[quote name='Vilien' date='16 June 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1276721430' post='2339830']
Merge into my alliance. We're competent and we hate the GOONS.
[/quote]

No you don't. :awesome:

[quote name='Vilien' date='16 June 2010 - 04:50 PM' timestamp='1276721430' post='2339830']
Merge into my alliance. We're competent and we hate the GOONS.
[/quote]
You should both merge into my alliance, I'm very competent and hate GOONS most of all. ;)

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 June 2010 - 04:59 PM' timestamp='1276721962' post='2339843']
You should both merge into my alliance, [b]I'm very competent[/b] and hate GOONS most of all. ;)
[/quote]
And a comedian too!

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 June 2010 - 11:39 PM' timestamp='1276659558' post='2339052']
My fight with GOONS lasted around 2 months, after being ZIed several times and rebuilding several times some friends from TOP negotiated my peace with them for the price of $90m. Good luck with your battles and eventually getting peace, if you are able to get another alliance to negotiate on your behalf with GOONS rather than try getting peace on their mercy board or dealing with them directly I would recommend it.
[/quote]

You brought that upon yourself.

Anyways, Colwyn or whatever, your issue is easily remedied. Sign a protectorate with a larger alliance capable of defending you in situations like this. I'd even go out on a limb and suggest you seek out a friendship with GOONS. They may seem evil to you now, but you'll probably lose yourself in the culture and learn to like them.

[quote name='abdur' date='15 June 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1276651177' post='2338904']
Might want to seek out protectors if you dont want to continuously get attacked :)[/quote]I recall when independent nations didn't want to be attacked, all they needed to do is not start wars. Then they had to join an alliance of 20 or more. Then these alliances had to not only have, but declare their extended inter-alliance ties on a wiki for potential aggressors to evaluate.

Now everyone has to be in a bloc of sufficient size? What next?

EDIT: I would be remiss w/o posting the obligatory...

:(( GOONS :((

Edited by Walford

[quote name='Methrage' date='16 June 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1276721962' post='2339843']
You should both merge into my alliance, I'm very competent and hate GOONS most of all. ;)
[/quote]

You should all merge into my alliance. No one hates GOONS as much as me!

[quote name='Walford' date='16 June 2010 - 03:04 PM' timestamp='1276725835' post='2339912']
I recall when independent nations didn't want to be attacked, all they needed to do is not start wars. Then they had to join an alliance of 20 or more. Then these alliances had to not only have, but declare their extended inter-alliance ties on a wiki for potential aggressors to evaluate.

Now everyone has to be in a bloc of sufficient size? What next?
[/quote]

No! You found the super secret version of our constitution where we deem anyone not in a bloc of 100M NS to be a valid raid target! Now the whole world knows!

Man there are a lot of posts here. I'll be completely honest and say that I do like GOONS. But I also like having random reasons to exercise my ability to type very long winded but passionate speeches to my alliance.

In any case, we have a protectorate now. Problem solved. And we're a part of FoS as well. Exciting stuff!

Also, Beefspari, what is this logic puzzle you speak of? I will not do it as a part of any mercy agreement, but I do love logic puzzles...

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='17 June 2010 - 12:53 AM' timestamp='1276728801' post='2339973']
Also, Beefspari, what is this logic puzzle you speak of? I will not do it as a part of any mercy agreement, but I do love logic puzzles...
[/quote]

Here....give it a try.
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/67jgb9.jpg[/IMG]

Aww... Alright. I guess that's fair.

[quote name='nippy' date='16 June 2010 - 03:59 PM' timestamp='1276729124' post='2339977']
Here....give it a try.
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/67jgb9.jpg[/IMG]
[/quote]
What is that? Does it move or just sit there and look complicated?

Also, to everyone who said I should join you, if there is going to be any alliance merging it'll be people merging into BoS... Well I guess you guys could merge into each other, but that's just weird.

It saddens me that you do not recognize that particular puzzlebox.

Please post a link to your protectorate agreement and/or any other evidence that you're allied to something/anything. We're reasonable people...if you're telling the truth, we'll gladly follow our own charter.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='16 June 2010 - 05:53 PM' timestamp='1276728801' post='2339973']
Man there are a lot of posts here. I'll be completely honest and say that I do like GOONS. But I also like having random reasons to exercise my ability to type very long winded but passionate speeches to my alliance.

In any case, we have a protectorate now. Problem solved. And we're a part of FoS as well. Exciting stuff!
[/quote]
Who or what is FoS?

[quote name='Sardonic' date='16 June 2010 - 05:14 PM' timestamp='1276733665' post='2340069']
Who or what is FoS?
[/quote]
Freedom of the Seas. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83708

Edit: It's basically their puprose to help out guys like this, so I don't doubt it. Hopefully they get the announcement up quickly.

Edited by ktarthan

[quote name='ktarthan' date='16 June 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1276733849' post='2340072']
Freedom of the Seas. http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=83708

Edit: It's basically their puprose to help out guys like this, so I don't doubt it. Hopefully they get the announcement up quickly.
[/quote]
That doesn't seem like a protectorate at all, that seems like something for individual nations being raided, which is not the case here.