GOONS is attacking a defenseless alliance!

ColwynMyself

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha. Alright, I think if there's one thing I've extracted from this it's to get a protectorate. We had one and then they just got caught up in the last war... I'll just go ahead and do this.

Also, all those comments about GOONS doing it and then them getting a protectorate, I enjoy that a lot. It's pretty funny.

[quote=ktarthan]
Seriously though, I actually quite like it when our raids result in an alliance gaining a protector. Kinda... balances the karmic load, you know?
[/quote]
^Best comment imo.

That and
[quote]
Do you really think an alliance named Balls of Steel is going to beg for mercy on your forums
[/quote]

Edited by ColwynMyself

[quote name='Beefspari' date='15 June 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1276660236' post='2339068']
Was just a basic mid-level raid. Hit once, sent peace, moved on. Nothing personal. At least the one I'm aware of.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Rubbish. You never let raid victims off this easy. No, you feel the need to embarrass and harass them first. So, what are you going to have them do? Write poems? Write disgusting stories? What outrageous terms are you going to demand from these guys in order to grant them "mercy?"[/color]

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 June 2010 - 10:39 PM' timestamp='1276659558' post='2339052']
My fight with GOONS lasted around 2 months, after being ZIed several times and rebuilding several times some friends from TOP negotiated my peace with them for the price of $90m. Good luck with your battles and eventually getting peace, if you are able to get another alliance to negotiate on your behalf with GOONS rather than try getting peace on their mercy board or dealing with them directly I would recommend it.
[/quote]

Oh man, $90m? GOONS are hilarious! They do whatever they want and pull it off with class and style. I wish I could sign up somewhere.

Well, I went to their forums and they ignored me... But oh well, it's looking like this'll be over-and-done with by tomorrow anyway.

It was a good few days of excitement for my alliance. They had been getting restless so it's good they got something to get all uppity about.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='15 June 2010 - 06:17 PM' timestamp='1276651003' post='2338900']
My alliance and I, called [b]Balls of Steel[/b], have been continually attacked by the alliance, GOONS.
[/quote]

So, basicly what you are saying here in this thread, is that your alliance name falls under the heading of false advertising?

Gotcha... ;)

Edited by chefjoe

I would feel sympathy for your cause but the name of your alliance is Balls of Steel for goodness sakes, perhaps not the most well thought out alliance name. Best of luck though, the guys at GOONS are people at the end of the day. They will eventually end this war.

Heck. I'll be the first to admit that I love the GOONS and their hilarious antics (and let's not even discuss my man-crush on Lammuella). The OP clearly fails to recognize the humor of the situation and of their own humorless reaction. I suspect that's what motivates the GOONS to continue. It reminds me of a friend in elementary school who used to scream like a little girl when the bullies picked on him. It even made me laugh, and I was on [i]his[/i] side.

Nonetheless, I can't help but wonder: where are all the so-called defenders of the weak? I recall the proclamations of sanctioned alliances who boldly announced that treaties (or a lack thereof) were irrelevant when the defenseless were being oppressed. I am shocked (shocked, I say!) to think that they were motivated by factors other than pure benevolence. Is it possible that realpolitik -- not idealism -- guided their posturing?

Say it ain't so, Joe!

-Craig

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 June 2010 - 12:08 AM' timestamp='1276672114' post='2339229']
[color="#0000FF"]Rubbish. You never let raid victims off this easy. No, you feel the need to embarrass and harass them first. So, what are you going to have them do? Write poems? Write disgusting stories? What outrageous terms are you going to demand from these guys in order to grant them "mercy?"[/color]
[/quote]
so you can tell the future and you're all knowing? Sweet goodness we have a bonafide higher power on Bob

[quote name='Jakome' date='16 June 2010 - 03:40 AM' timestamp='1276674005' post='2339257']
so you can tell the future and you're all knowing? Sweet goodness we have a bonafide higher power on Bob
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]No. I just know GOONS. You've never just given peace to tech raid victims. You make them jump through hoops, over hurdles, and make them do tricks for your own amusement. These people have done nothing to you yet you treat them with contempt. I will say this: the bit about sadism in your name is no lie. I wouldn't take pride in that if I were you.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 June 2010 - 01:08 AM' timestamp='1276672114' post='2339229']
[/quote]
Actually if you look at the link which the OP himself provided,

Short pause to bring up that link again: http://tinyurl.com/bos-wars

...you'll see that the majority of the wars ended in peace. Fighting, fighting, peace, peace, peace (hey this one is me), peace, fighting. So obviously we DID let them off "this easy." Or at least some of us did. I personally just hit once, then sent peace. As did three others.

[quote name='ColwynMyself' date='16 June 2010 - 01:10 AM' timestamp='1276672206' post='2339232']
Well, I went to their forums and they ignored me...[/quote]
Since it's quite literally my job to handle exactly this sort of situation, allow me to point out that whatever it is you DID do, it wasn't making a post on our Mercy Board, which is the only thing you COULD have done to stop wars or prevent future ones. Here's that link for you.

http://cngoons.com/Board/index.php?board=94.0

Make sure to read the stickies. Especially the one where I point out that Methrage is really the only person who has ever been incapable of handling our Mercy terms; meaning don't believe the hype about how we're totally unreasonable people.

Although as you indicated, this probably isn't going to drag on or anything and if you get a protectorate it will be over with for good. So really you don't even have to go to Mercy unless you just really want to. I have a logic puzzle I've been dying to use.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='16 June 2010 - 06:54 PM' timestamp='1276674837' post='2339266']
[color="#0000FF"]No. I just know GOONS. You've never just given peace to tech raid victims. You make them jump through hoops, over hurdles, and make them do tricks for your own amusement. These people have done nothing to you yet you treat them with contempt. I will say this: the bit about sadism in your name is no lie. I wouldn't take pride in that if I were you.[/color]
[/quote]
Not really, my own alliance's situation was resolved over IRC in a few minutes. All I had to do was tell them what happened, though the raider himself was a bit... unstable o.o

These guys should've had a protector in the good ol' CN fashion. No dramallamas would've occurred then.

[quote name='Beefspari' date='16 June 2010 - 10:56 AM' timestamp='1276682176' post='2339324']
Make sure to read the stickies. Especially the one where I point out that Methrage is really the only person who has ever been incapable of handling our Mercy terms; meaning don't believe the hype about how we're totally unreasonable people.

Although as you indicated, this probably isn't going to drag on or anything and if you get a protectorate it will be over with for good. So really you don't even have to go to Mercy unless you just really want to. I have a logic puzzle I've been dying to use.
[/quote]

I find the use of a mercy board to further humiliate nations / alliances you're tech raiding to be totally unreasonable and I've never been subject to a raid by GOONS, I doubt it's just the view of him. Methrage did a lot to blow that situation out of proportion, not registering on your mercy board to make a complete fool out of himself for you all to laugh at wasn't one of those things.

Like you said though, simple solution, find a protectorate. Balls of Steel seem to be tech dealing with a few alliances and there are a number of alliances that will protect potential tech sellers, rather than posting on here, seeking out a protectorate through alliance's forums or IRC would've been the better course of action.

Also, rallying little alliances together to fight against them wont get you anywhere, A. They're bigger and are able to provide financial aid to their members to fight, B. They have allies who can also help and C. They'd find it absolutely hilarious and a lot of fun, as would most alliances.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='16 June 2010 - 03:36 AM' timestamp='1276684597' post='2339338']
I find the use of a mercy board to further humiliate nations / alliances you're tech raiding to be totally unreasonable and I've never been subject to a raid by GOONS, I doubt it's just the view of him. Methrage did a lot to blow that situation out of proportion, not registering on your mercy board to make a complete fool out of himself for you all to laugh at wasn't one of those things.
[/quote]
Methrage did register for our mercy board and was given terms. Thread was kind of funny but went on too long. Total different situation that has been handled.

No real humiliation, just ms paint a picture. I've actually complete the terms to one of them before, took 10 mins and was quite enjoyable.

Edited by Jakome

Yeah, my point was that some people might not think it reasonable to get attacked out of the blue, then forced to waste their time registering on your forums, requesting you be merciful and stop beating the !@#$ out of them, then after that spend time in MS Paint, writing a poem or whatever other rubbish it is you get them to do to amuse you.

Nice picture in your sig though, I can see why it'd be fun for you, seeing as the situation was probably hilarious from your point of view. :D

I'm not saying I'm against tech raiding, I'm definitely not against raiding, just even in proper alliance wars, individuals are forced to go that far out of their way just to achieve peace. Does them complying with the terms on the mercy board then mean that their nation or their entire alliance wont get raided again by GOONS and if they do, they're eligible for reps?

[quote name='Jakome' date='16 June 2010 - 12:46 PM' timestamp='1276685143' post='2339344']
Methrage did register for our mercy board and was given terms. Thread was kind of funny but went on too long. Total different situation that has been handled.

No real humiliation, just ms paint a picture. I've actually complete the terms to one of them before, took 10 mins and was quite enjoyable.
[/quote]

Our terms are never about humiliation, as Jakome says. All it requires is a little demonstration of creativity and effort. We've had many successful mercy requests that have enlightened the poster after they hear what the terms are. Most come to the board prepared for the humiliation people like RV claim we're forcing upon people, only to be surprised by what we actually ask for. At the end, everybody is cracking up and relations are improved. Keep in mind, this only occurs if a person goes into our procedure with an open mind and a thick skin.