GOONS is attacking a defenseless alliance!

ColwynMyself

My alliance and I, called Balls of Steel, have been continually attacked by the alliance, GOONS.

[url="http://tinyurl.com/bos-wars"]BoS Wars[/url]

These unprovoked attacks have cost me millions and my alliance members millions in damages. This is along with very heavy losses to infrastructure, land, tech and putting many of us into anarchy.

Although we are a small alliance, we shouldn't have to roll over and let large, bulldog alliances attack our nations just because they want our small amounts of tech and have grudge against an alliance that just wants to survive.

(On a side note, this is allowed under their charter as "tech raiding," but it has become much more than that recently. It's a grudge match veiled only under their policies for tech raiding.)

GOONS also has an "outreach" program where they assist with finding trade circles. I would ask that if you believe in what we believe, do not use it. Tell your friends not to use it.

If there are any other alliances that have been attacked by this alliance, please, this is the time to fight back. GOONS is not a huge alliance. We can make a difference. If you have protectorates, now is the time to talk to them. If you do not like GOONS' way of dealing with small alliances, join us. We will make a difference and stop this oppressive force.

Spread the word of this new group, this new group arising out of the dust of our destroyed homes and nations. Tell them the revolution is coming.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting a protectorate would keep GOONS from attacking you. Getting treaties would keep them from you. I don't support them in tech raiding, but it's part of the game. They've done it before, others have done it before them, and they will all continue to do it in the future. They won't hit a large alliance, or an ally of a large alliance. Get a protectorate.

Its par for the course. I know you are not happy about how it is, i would not be too. Do the smart thing, get a bigger alliance to protect you.

By that i mean, get a relationship going with a decent sized alliance before sending them messages like, "hey would you protect me". Insular existance is not conducive for survival on Planet Bob, specially if you are a smaller group with no ties to anyone, and unable to project force.

Also, talking to GOONS has been known to help in getting them to back off. Their forums are @ http://www.cngoons.com and their irc is @ #cybergoons on irc.coldfront.net

My fight with GOONS lasted around 2 months, after being ZIed several times and rebuilding several times some friends from TOP negotiated my peace with them for the price of $90m. Good luck with your battles and eventually getting peace, if you are able to get another alliance to negotiate on your behalf with GOONS rather than try getting peace on their mercy board or dealing with them directly I would recommend it.

ColwynMyself if you do go to their mercy boards, try and follow the format they have for posting your case. It helps. If you miss the format and they remind you, do use the format for your next post.

Of course this is all if you cant get a protector quickly and do need to [s]negotiate[/s] obtain peace by yourself.

Was just a basic mid-level raid. Hit once, sent peace, moved on. Nothing personal. At least the one I'm aware of.

As indicated in most of the above posts, you should build up some bigger numbers, merge into someone, or get some protection. It's how stuff works around here. We don't raid AAs of 15 members or more, or who have a protectorate. That's all it takes to be out of our reach.

Edited by Beefspari

[quote name='Beefspari' date='15 June 2010 - 10:50 PM' timestamp='1276660236' post='2339068']
Was just a basic mid-level raid. Hit once, sent peace, moved on. Nothing personal. At least the one I'm aware of.

As indicated in most of the above posts, you should build up some bigger numbers, merge into someone, or get some protection. It's how stuff works around here. We don't raid AAs of 15 members or more, or who have a protectorate. That's all it takes to be out of our reach.
[/quote]
And it's also a fairly simple end. The one that I was involved with, I sent peace right after and it was accepted. If someone doesn't send peace, send a PM and ask for it. You'll probably get directed to our mercy board, complete a simple, yet entertaining term and it's done.

When I first saw your alliance while thrifting through the pages, I was like "wow look at all these tough resiliant nations ready to defend against any injustice." from there I posted you guys on our board thinking such a fierce alliance would possibly stand a chance against us, I mean its called "Balls of Steel" for great st petes of fire sake! I'm sad I was mistaken with your alliance and am very disappointed you guys cried so much when getting kicked in the nuts.

They do this all the time. This is how bullies work - they pick on the weak. Anyone unaligned or in a small alliance without a protectorate they can bully, so they do.

All of that advice about "get a protectorate" is good advice.

[quote name='Heinlander' date='16 June 2010 - 05:43 AM' timestamp='1276663419' post='2339127']
Alternately you can bid for peace on the mercy board for the nominal price of a badly written poem or MS Paint comic.

Seem perfectly reasonable to me.
[/quote]

Do you really think an alliance named Balls of Steel is going to beg for mercy on your forums :P

This was actually a good first step in stopping the attack, because all of these people posting about getting a protector are correct. Get one of those and GOONS will leave you alone. Good luck :)

[ooc] respond to my pm and I'll help[/ooc]

I am glad that finally the world has accepted the fact that GOONS is simply irredeemable, and has quit trying to steer us away from our villainous deeds.

Seriously though, I actually quite like it when our raids result in an alliance gaining a protector. Kinda... balances the karmic load, you know?