CN-ART SoTW #10: Voting

Marneus Calgar

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

women make the world go round... why not the cyber world...

wow what ever happened to having equal votes... dave just went up to 21...

Edited by Vyper

[quote name='Vyper' date='16 June 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1276658630' post='2339038']
women make the world go round... why not the cyber world...

wow what ever happened to having equal votes... dave just went up to 21...
[/quote]
CN loves their memes.

Just enjoy making sigs for public use...
Recongnition is cool but it's not like you're gonna gain it here... Talk to people to learn stuff, offer graphics, help young alliances and players... and enjoy !
We have plenty of talented artists, advanced and beginners, and I couldnt stress out the importance of following tutorials, trying to imitate the best graphics you see and create your own style in the end.
Everything there is to know about graphics and art is to enjoy and look at the joy of people receiving a nice sig/banner/flag they didnt even expect to be that cool...
Enjoy !

[quote name='Gairyuki' date='14 June 2010 - 11:49 PM' timestamp='1276573741' post='2337892']
This SOTW makes me incredibly sad because the people who really deserve the votes here are not getting them. :(

Aquilos, for his beautiful Mewtwo sig; it's dynamic sense of movement really draws one's eye to the centerpiece, Mew's clone. The only drawback is the text, as I would have preferred something like Helvetica or Times New Roman to be used.

Davian Thule, for his beautiful Ho-oh vector-based signature; the Ho-oh is beautiful in and of itself, and fits perfectly among the shapes and outlines. The filters applied to this sig are gorgeous. Again, my only problem with it lies in the text, although you acknowledged it when we last spoke. The "Davian Thule" part really seems out of place with it's miss-matched glow/stroke effects.

Banksy, for his fiery Ninetales signature; the kitsune fits in perfectly with her background inferno. The abstract, random lines really drive home the surrounding heat that Ninetales produces. Once again, my only complaint is the text, which Banksy seems to have fixed in later versions of his signature (which he might be wearing, or at least was at one point).

I'm disappointed to see that these three are not leading the race. No offense to those participating, but this is a graphics competition, not a popularity contest.

And for clarification, it is most certainly not the hardest decision of your life! Charmander if you've got the balls and the heart, Squirtle if you've got the brains and ravishingly good looks, and Bulbasaur if you're incapable of lifting your own arms. :D Fairly cut and dry, I would say. :P
[/quote]
For me it came down to Aquilos and Bansky. That's the thing with democracy though, majority rules.