The Something or Other Accords 2.0

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 11:30 PM' timestamp='1276399839' post='2335760']
It's a fairly ridiculous comparison when you look at huge difference in how SG has behaved since Karma ended and how NPO behaved before we kicked their little sand castle over and turned them into an alliance of sad clowns.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]NPO didn't immediately start rolling alliances after the GWIII and UjW. It took awhile for them to consolidate their rule by allying everything in sight, and then a month or so of arrogant posturing not too different from what we've seen from you fellows since Karma. It is only a matter of time before we start seeing beat downs now that your rule is uncontested (you had TOP as a check prior to the last war).

And Damsky, I do doubt that there will be a new way of thinking. Unfortunate as it is, but not everyone is as enlightened as you or I.[/color]

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 11:38 PM' timestamp='1276400315' post='2335775']
VE disagrees.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]There were weeks between that and the end of the war. It wasn't immediately. The only reason you fellows have yet to get started on beat downs yourself is your passive nature. That will soon change. Then we will start seeing your hands soaked in blood.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 11:23 PM' timestamp='1276399362' post='2335753']

[color="#0000FF"]Actually the only think that will solve anything is a balance of power. Not Pacifican hegemony, and not MK hegemony. As we've seen, we always end up with arrogant and abusive powers. It isn't wise to allow such an entity to remain unchecked. A counterbalance or two is needed. Or else we wind up with what we had before, but merely with a different face.[/color]
[/quote]

You keep saying this and it is still not true. We aren't orchestrating beat-downs and we aren't PZIing our opposition. We're nothing [i]close[/i] to what NPO was, and we have used our power appropriately for the most part. And that's a lot better than what we had before.

[quote]There were weeks between that and the end of the war. It wasn't immediately. The only reason you fellows have yet to get started on beat downs yourself is your passive nature. That will soon change. Then we will start seeing your hands soaked in blood. [/quote]

And it's been months since the end of the last war, and even longer since we've been uncontested. And still no beat-downs.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 June 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1276400558' post='2335782']
Viridicide was after GWIII.
[/quote]

Exactly a month, yeah. He said NPO didn't start immediately rolling people, which they did, lawl. They allowed some breather time for everyone to restock then went straight back to it.

[quote name='Penkala' date='12 June 2010 - 11:48 PM' timestamp='1276400906' post='2335794']
You keep saying this and it is still not true. We aren't orchestrating beat-downs and we aren't PZIing our opposition. We're nothing [i]close[/i] to what NPO was, and we have used our power appropriately for the most part. And that's a lot better than what we had before.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]My purpose is to act as a check. I am your conscience. Whoever is in power must be closely scrutinized. Were I to let up you would have no one to call you out on your wrongs and you could do unthinkable evils without fear. That I cannot allow.[/color]

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 08:51 PM' timestamp='1276401075' post='2335797']
Exactly a month, yeah. He said NPO didn't start immediately rolling people, which they did, lawl. They allowed some breather time for everyone to restock then went straight back to it.
[/quote]

I read that wrong, m'bad.

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1276395659' post='2335655']
Why an alliance I respect as much as MK would ally with utter dickheads like GOD is beyond me. Can any of you actually look me in the face and tell me you like Xiphosis? Tell me this is just a political treaty............
[/quote]
For a political treaty it makes a lot of sense. The only war CnG or Superfriends can lose right now is a war where they split. Treaties like this delay that (though barring some other war, it would be inevitable via boredom). Add to that NPO making moves to try and take a shot at being top dog again, which is a war CnG/SF/etc. would almost certainly win given the tentative at best support for NPO, it is smart to add treaties like this.

EDIT: And to those saying CnG will start the next global war, please. Their MO is to try to take a charge and play victim. Now that NPO has a good chance of being the one to take that first step when and if they feel ready, circling the wagons could work out for them.

Edited by bigwoody

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 June 2010 - 04:52 AM' timestamp='1276401130' post='2335800']
My purpose is to act as a check.[/quote]
Insufficient funds.
[quote]Whoever is in power must be closely scrutinized.[/quote]
Why? And if there is a valid reason, what makes you think that the people who don't go on and on aren't watching and thinking instead of strutting about?
[quote] Were I to let up you would have no one to call you out on your wrongs[/quote]
You are right, you would make way for people to actually do something about it.
[quote] and you could do unthinkable evils without fear.[/quote]
Again, unthinkable evils? Really?
[quote] That I cannot prevent
[/quote]
Fixed.

[quote]Were I to let up you would have no one to call you out on your wrongs[/quote]

Except my own conscious, lol. You see, those of us who aren't NPO and don't cling to their underbelly developed one. It's the thing that pushed us to defend OV and kick their aforementioned sand castle over.

I repeat, sad clowns.

[quote name='Byron Orpheus' date='12 June 2010 - 11:56 PM' timestamp='1276401344' post='2335804']
You are right, you would make way for people to actually do something about it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]My speaking has not prevented anyone from standing up for what is right, but it has prevented many atrocities. Let us not forget that the timid bunch currently ruling the world, MK especially (Archon hates bad PR), are desperate for public approval. Should anyone call them out or paint them in a bad light they will not do anything. Now do you understand?

Also, Xiph, are you accusing me of being associated with the NPO? I don't think I have to tell you my history with them.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]Also, Xiph, are you accusing me of being associated with the NPO?[/quote]

No, you're a special brand of delusional. You seem to have their penchant for rewriting history though.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 08:58 PM' timestamp='1276401499' post='2335808']
Except my own conscious, lol. You see, those of us who aren't NPO and don't cling to their underbelly developed one. It's the thing that pushed us to defend OV and kick their aforementioned sand castle over.

I repeat, sad clowns.
[/quote]

Stop acting as if you have some sort of moral superiority. You felt no wrong when instituting the same surrender term policies as the old hegemony did during [i]and[/i] after they were in power.

Edited by Mr Damsky

[quote]You felt no wrong when instituting the same surrender term policies as the old hegemony did during and after they were in power. [/quote]

Because that wasn't what was wrong with them -_-. The problem with the Hegemony was their callous use of power - you need no better example of this than KasMage being put on EZI for a comment made on IRC - and their policing of everything involving anyone politically.

It takes a lack of historical context to think our terms are somehow Hegemony-ish. The League/AEGIS would've been just as comfortable imposing the same had they won. It's common sense to punch someone in the face repeatedly and for as long as humanly possible if they break into your house with a gun and fail to put you down.

I refuse to apologize for putting people who attacked me and mine against a wall and giving them justice. Threaten myself or those I care about and you have no right to draw any line at what I won't do to you, and I have given [i]all[/i] of them ample warning of that. It's a fact, and it's reality. Live with it.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:09 PM' timestamp='1276402140' post='2335827']I refuse to apologize for putting people who attacked me and mine against a wall and giving them justice.
[/quote]

The keyword there is justice. Personally, I don't believe that giving justice entails handing out viceroys, attempting to disband alliances, removing government officials from alliances, and imposing crippling reparations. But hey, to each his own. -_-

And, no, I'm not saying you're as bad as the hegemony (or that you ever will be). However, that doesn't mean that some of your policies towards fallen foes don't resemble those of the previous hegemony.

[quote]The keyword there is justice. Personally, I don't believe that giving justice entails handing out viceroys, attempting to disband alliances, removing government officials from alliances, and imposing crippling reparations. But hey, to each his own.[/quote]

Soft justice is a nice way to get yourself killed. When the option is to go soft and leave the world vulnerable to Q being reinstated 2-3 months down the road, and putting a bullet firmly in each kneecap and taking some flak over it, I'm quite happy choosing the latter.

$%&@ whatever anyone says. NPO deserved so much worse than what it got.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1276396051' post='2335661']
Can't spell Hater without 'ate' which is slightly more relevant than you. Good day sir.
[/quote]

I don't much care for your alliance or your leadership, and I'm not irrelevant.

Edited by pezstar

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:27 PM' timestamp='1276403237' post='2335847']
Soft justice is a nice way to get yourself killed.
[/quote]

I'll take the risk.

What do you think is the safest option when dealing with a fallen enemy: showing some mercy or give them harsh reparations and make them hate you for the next year?

People make their own demons, Xiph.

[quote]What do you think is the safest option when dealing with a fallen enemy: showing some mercy or give them harsh reparations and make them hate you for the next year?[/quote]

Depends entirely on the enemy, which is why NPO and CCC got entirely different kinds of terms. It's common sense. If you have one policy for every single opponent you're a bag of fail.

[quote]I don't much care for your alliance or your leadership, and I'm not irrelevant. [/quote]

'k

Polar and MK do, so I guess you'll just have to be on your lonesome with that sentiment.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='13 June 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1276404103' post='2335869']
Depends entirely on the enemy, which is why NPO and CCC got entirely different kinds of terms. It's common sense. If you have one policy for every single opponent you're a bag of fail.

'k

Polar and MK do, so I guess you'll just have to be on your lonesome with that sentiment.
[/quote]

They each have multiple allies we don't care for. Thank god for non-chaining clauses. :)

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1276404103' post='2335869']
[/quote]

My point still remains. If you wanted to remove alliances like NPO, Echelon, Illuminati etc. from being a threat to you, why didn't you show them the error of their ways and let them move along? Instead (especially with the first) you've made them hate you more and made future wars likely.

When dealing with a child, you give them a spanking and a short time-out. You don't pull out a gun and blow out their brains.