The Something or Other Accords 2.0

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='12 June 2010 - 10:53 PM' timestamp='1276397613' post='2335695']
The only thing that saved AB was MK, and Xiphosis will confirm this.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Of that I have no doubt, but I never thought MK was an alliance that enjoyed forcibly disbanding alliances. Tell me, has something changed? Has the power gone to your head? Also, you do realize GOD was pushing around an ally of MK for no reason. Or does that not matter to you now?[/color]

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 06:46 PM' timestamp='1276397199' post='2335686']
In this case, I refer to your conversation with one FreddieMercury, where you bullied, threatened and insulted him, simply because you held all the cards. It’s very typical of your behaviour, you acted similarly in the War of the Coalition before that. I can log dump if you wish.
[/quote]

You're free to. The contents aren't a secret to the majority of Karma, as I made no secret of them when they happened. Echelon deserved everything it got, and will get.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 06:52 PM' timestamp='1276397517' post='2335693']
Yes, you tried to disband Aurora Borealis for no reason other than the fact you didn't like them. [/quote]

It was far more than that, as Aurora Borealis themselves were aware of [and why I suspect they never actually came to me themselves]. In any case, Kaitlin forgave them and I didn't. No one, and I mean absolutely no one - big or small - tries to overthrow an ally of mine and doesn't get a million truckloads of !@#$ dumped on them when [i]they[/i] attack me later on.

If that bothers you, or anyone else, you're not the company I'm interested in keeping. But you knew that.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 June 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1276397431' post='2335690']
To be fair to Xiph, that wasn't just him.
[/quote]

That’s true, Ramirus Maximus was equally bad, but he worked hand in hand with Xiphosis.

No, not much has changed. Of course I realize they were pushing around our ally, which is why we intervened. It doesn't matter now because AB was against us in Karma and we all know how Xiph treats his enemies.

And it was hardly for "no reason", to be honest.

Edited by Sandwich Controversy

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 07:57 PM' timestamp='1276397809' post='2335700']
You're free to. The contents aren't a secret to the majority of Karma, as I made no secret of them when they happened. Echelon deserved everything it got, and will get.
[/quote]

But you threatened the NADC :v:

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 06:57 PM' timestamp='1276397822' post='2335702']
That’s true, Ramirus Maximus was equally bad, but he worked hand in hand with Xiphosis.
[/quote]

I didn't even talk to Ramirus more than twice until recently, and that was only because he sat in on the NPO Front channel and no one felt like booting him. What are you on about?

[quote]But you threatened the NADC[/quote]

Wait, did I? Ohh yeah... in fairness to NADC they shoulda checked themselves before they went and wrecked themselves.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 08:01 PM' timestamp='1276398061' post='2335709']
Wait, did I? Ohh yeah... in fairness to NADC they shoulda checked themselves before they went and wrecked themselves.
[/quote]

Wasn't their "crime" accepting a former member of Echelon who then leaving and rejoining Echelon?

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 10:35 PM' timestamp='1276396520' post='2335673']
Each to their own, but some of us haven’t forgotten the way he treated his enemies in the Karma War, or the War of the Coalition before that. His posts alone for the past year should be a reasonable indication of his personality.
[/quote]

Maybe people should stop creating wars to roll his allies, then. And then you won't have any problems with the man.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 10:57 PM' timestamp='1276397809' post='2335700']
You're free to. The contents aren't a secret to the majority of Karma, as I made no secret of them when they happened. Echelon deserved everything it got, [b][color="#0000FF"]and will get[/color][/b].[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Is that supposed to mean something[/color]

[quote]It was far more than that, as Aurora Borealis themselves were aware of [and why I suspect they never actually came to me themselves]. In any case, Kaitlin forgave them and I didn't. No one, and I mean absolutely no one - big or small - tries to overthrow an ally of mine and doesn't get a million truckloads of !@#$ dumped on them when [i]they[/i] attack me later on.

If that bothers you, or anyone else, you're not the company I'm interested in keeping. But you knew that.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Far more than disbandment? Tell me, what were going going to do? PZI them and follow them around if they ever tried to come back. I could care less what they did (and if I recall correctly they tried to overthrow Kait when they were in MA, so it was an internal matter and not external subversion) but disbandment and PZI are not justifiable. You've always been a hothead, and you've always been despicable. Really, you're more petty and abusive than the NPO and Co. were in their heyday.

Well, I guess its good to know that MK has abandoned the principles they once supposedly stood for. Not that it has been no secret that they've been the biggest hypocrites around since Karma, but I do suppose this is confirmation enough for anyone with any doubt left.[/color]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 June 2010 - 07:02 PM' timestamp='1276398159' post='2335712']
Wasn't their "crime" accepting a former member of Echelon who then leaving and rejoining Echelon?
[/quote]

Huh. I was thinking of when they were getting on ACV's case for having iClean and making a big stink out of him being Otto. But now that you mention it, yeah that sounds about right. I think we noticed Echelon members cycling in and out and went to their front to have terms revoked, but they booted them first. Like I've said a thousand times, I'll play nice up and until you attack me. After that, kid gloves come off and you should be very happy if you walk away in tact.

I don't regret having that reputation one bit.

[quote]Maybe people should stop creating wars to roll his allies, then. And then you won't have any problems with the man. [/quote]

Got it in one, Penk.

[quote]Far more than disbandment? [/quote]

The reasons for AB-GOD's feud were far more complex than simply "You didn't like them." and goes back to the attempted overthrowing of Monos Archein and subsequent creation of AB w/ Echelon protection. And before that, it goes back to NoV/CORE's feud with CSN/GOD/RIA on Maroon. And so on.

That was one of the oldest spats we had on the books, and I'm sure AB knew what was coming their way when them and Echelon in particular declared on us.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='13 June 2010 - 03:11 PM' timestamp='1276395044' post='2335641']
[color="#0000FF"]MK is not the only alliance on your side. Someone has to be the brains of that operation. As for the rest of CnG and SF, they're all happy being peons and lackeys.[/color][/quote]
So let me get this straight. MK are the ambitious, brainy, manipulating overlords of a group of peons and lackeys known as SuperComplaints[sup]TM[/sup] who are led by a group of unimaginative, unambitious and incompetent hacks called MK. Thanks for clearing this up.

Edited by Banksy

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 11:06 PM' timestamp='1276398359' post='2335719']
[color="#0000FF"]Is that supposed to mean something[/color]
[/quote]

If we wanted them dead we could have beat on them for a couple of months for taking an opportunity while we were busy to [i]publicly break terms[/i] vs, you know, asking us if we'd mind if they expired. We let them go then. I believe Xiph is referencing the belief by many that Echelon will mess up again and make us roll them, again.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 11:07 PM' timestamp='1276398404' post='2335720']
The reasons for AB-GOD's feud were far more complex than simply "You didn't like them." and goes back to the attempted overthrowing of Monos Archein and subsequent creation of AB w/ Echelon protection. And before that, it goes back to NoV/CORE's feud with CSN/GOD/RIA on Maroon. And so on.

That was one of the oldest spats we had on the books, and I'm sure AB knew what was coming their way when them and Echelon in particular declared on us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]I thought I mentioned the failed coup. But what does it matter? They left. End of story. What did you want to do? Get rid of them. Make sure they could never do a thing again. PZI them and never let them off? Well, you rolled them. You got your blood. If you can't let go of that they you really are quite petty. Even I don't hold onto grudges for that long. I mean, CORE? You're still angry over that. CORE stopped being almost two years ago.[/color]

[quote name='Penkala' date='12 June 2010 - 11:10 PM' timestamp='1276398608' post='2335727']
If we wanted them dead we could have beat on them for a couple of months for taking an opportunity while we were busy to [i]publicly break terms[/i] vs, you know, asking us if we'd mind if they expired. We let them go then. I'm quite sure Xiph is referencing the belief by many that Echelon will mess up again and make us roll them, again.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]The terms were unjustified anyway. They were overly harsh. I cannot fault Echelon. What was the term they broke? Oh right, they let Caffeine into government again. You know, for an alliance that is so adamant as GOD about respecting the internal workings of itself and its allies, GOD certainly enjoys imposing internal restricting. Hypocrisy much?

Also, I doubt Echelon will do a thing. You want to know what I think is more likely? I have a feeling GOD will come up with a type of CB that is so weak and so flimsy that it will be reminiscent of the nonsense the NPO used to pull.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]I thought I mentioned the failed coup. But what does it matter? They left. End of story. [/quote]

Correct. Up until they attacked us.

[quote]Well, you rolled them. You got your blood.[/quote]

I know. And as AB or anyone else I've had trouble with and subsequently rolled will attest to: I haven't bothered them since.

The deal now is the same as the deal has always been: if you hit me, I'll eventually hit you back [even if it takes me 3+ years] and after that you'll never have any trouble with me up and until you start more trouble with me, in which case I'll go even harder on you so that you may learn not to make me repeat this pattern an asinine number of times.

I feel I'm a reasonable man.

Edited by Xiphosis

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 11:13 PM' timestamp='1276398806' post='2335731']
[color="#0000FF"]I thought I mentioned the failed coup. But what does it matter? They left. End of story. What did you want to do? Get rid of them. Make sure they could never do a thing again. PZI them and never let them off? Well, you rolled them. You got your blood. If you can't let go of that they you really are quite petty. Even I don't hold onto grudges for that long. I mean, CORE? You're still angry over that. CORE stopped being almost two years ago.[/color]
[/quote]

Well, no. Then they took the opportunity to attack GOD / MA when they believed they could defeat them, opening their war on Kait with a pretty inappropriate thread (that was so far out of line that it was removed). They started it, then they made it personal, then they took their chance to kill off GOD. That GOD held them in war for a couple of weeks longer than others does not make GOD evil. I think it's quite clear what AB would have done to GOD / MA had they won.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1276397809' post='2335700']
[/quote]

I’m aware Karma knew the way you behaved, which is why I raised it in the first place, otherwise it would have been as irrelevant as I am. *claps*

Like Mr Damsky pointed out, FreddieMercury was NADC, not Echelon.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1276398061' post='2335709']
I didn't even talk to Ramirus more than twice until recently, and that was only because he sat in on the NPO Front channel and no one felt like booting him. What are you on about?
[/quote]

[url=http://pastebin.com/3Ba7paFB] This. [/url]

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1276398061' post='2335709']
[/quote]

Whether or not NADC had problems with POWs, their behaviour does not excuse your actions. God I can’t wait until Pacifica roll you, and I don’t even like them.

Oh, and Penkala, I had the impression that the War of the Coalition was orchestrated by your side, not Polaris’.

Edited by darkmage768

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1276398909' post='2335734']
Correct. Up until they attacked us.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It was a global war. That happens. If you didn't want to get attacked then you shouldn't have gotten involved.[/color]

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 08:17 PM' timestamp='1276399012' post='2335739']
God I can’t wait until Pacifica roll you, and I don’t even like them.
[/quote]

YES! Because this will solve [b]everything[/b]! :rolleyes:

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 07:17 PM' timestamp='1276399012' post='2335739']
[url=http://pastebin.com/3Ba7paFB] This. [/url]
[/quote]

Hah. Now I remember.

Freddie was uh, let's say [i]strongly[/i] hinting that NADC would be aiding Echelon [both surrendered and not-yet surrendered] regardless of what we said. After I told him he would be breaking terms [specifically the ones [b]explicitly about not aiding current combatants[/b]] we noticed the Echelon members shifting onto NADC, being aided and then moving back over.

To say I was out of patience was an understatement.

[quote name='wickedj' date='12 June 2010 - 11:19 PM' timestamp='1276399160' post='2335745']
I just want to go on record as saying i use to think NSO has some sweet tears, but then i caught some RV tears and there are none more awesome

You may carry on
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Now I know you like to act tough by saying that any criticism of you or your allies is "tears" and "bawing" or "whining," but let me ask you this. When you and yours were criticizing the NPO and its allies back in the day, did you think of yourselves as a bunch of whiners? I didn't think so. Which goes to show a double standard in your thinking, one which I do not subscribe to. I do not view contradictory opinions as whining or complaining. I may acknowledge an individual as arrogant, egotistical, or just plain rude, but I will never dismiss a differing opinion as whining. Then again, I do not have insecurities that need to be covered up either. Just food for the thought.[/color]

[quote name='Mr Damsky' date='12 June 2010 - 11:21 PM' timestamp='1276399250' post='2335749']
YES! Because this will solve [b]everything[/b]! :rolleyes:
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually the only think that will solve anything is a balance of power. Not Pacifican hegemony, and not MK hegemony. As we've seen, we always end up with arrogant and abusive powers. It isn't wise to allow such an entity to remain unchecked. A counterbalance or two is needed. Or else we wind up with what we had before, but merely with a different face.[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

[quote]When you and yours were criticizing the NPO and its allies back in the day, did you think of yourselves as a bunch of whiners? I didn't think so. [/quote]

It's a fairly ridiculous comparison when you look at huge difference in how SG has behaved since Karma ended and how NPO behaved before we kicked their little sand castle over and turned them into an alliance of sad clowns.

[quote name='Xiphosis' date='12 June 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1276399328' post='2335752']
Hah. Now I remember.

Freddie was uh, let's say [i]strongly[/i] hinting that NADC would be aiding Echelon [both surrendered and not-yet surrendered] regardless of what we said. After I told him he would be breaking terms [specifically the ones [b]explicitly about not aiding current combatants[/b]] we noticed the Echelon members shifting onto NADC, being aided and then moving back over.

To say I was out of patience was an understatement.
[/quote]

Perhaps that’s the case, perhaps not. It’s not an isolated incident.

*withdraws from the thread and goes to watch TV*

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='12 June 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1276399362' post='2335753'][color="#0000FF"]Actually the only think that will solve anything is a balance of power. Not Pacifican hegemony, and not MK hegemony. As we've seen, we always end up with arrogant and abusive powers. It isn't wise to allow such an entity to remain unchecked. A counterbalance or two is needed. Or else we wind up with what we had before, but merely with a different face.[/color]
[/quote]

What is needed is a new way of thinking, not some eternal cold war.

[quote name='darkmage768' date='12 June 2010 - 07:30 PM' timestamp='1276399839' post='2335761']
It’s not an isolated incident.
[/quote]

Nope, but you'll find equally extensive reasoning behind those as well. I consider myself a reasonable man, after all.