Hello

tyranex

Hello everyone i have just stumbled upon this game and created my first nation......(lol @ the ally invites).......my nation is hammerfall i have yet to discover anything really lmao except that i need land infastructure and soldiers ......still thinking about which first add on to discover but i have to get to 1000 first hehe.......as for the alliances i feel i am not ready for one though they are very helpfull i fear if i get caught up in a war or anything now i will be smushed and taken out..... i currently have my settings on peacefull ....i have recieved a few mails saying i should be in a war stance in 5 days but ya lol thats what i would tell a noob if i wanted to farm him too lol.....so not sure about that piece of advice ....still trying to get to reading through the build reads so like i said earlier as far as alliances i am worthless......thank you all for taking time to read this and i hope to make many friends ...oh i have pigs,cattle....(maybe we all start with these thing im sure )......some nice nation leader has a trade slot with me giving me aluminum and oil...(not even sure if these are good...lol they sound good hehe)......oh and my civ pop only seems to grow if i build infastructure....is there no natural population growth in this game? ....anyrate again well met fellow inhabitants!

Tyranex Founder & Ruler
Nation of Hammerfall

Welcome :) hope you enjoy your stay here at CN

i assure you that people pm'ing you about alliances are doing 2 things:

1- trying to help their alliance gain members

2- help you by providing you with a friendly environment and safety from raids.

Wars are pretty rare, especially seeing as how the world just got out of one a few months back, however, if you are afraid that another major war would break out and that your nation might get caught up in one due to your alliance, i'd suggest just joining a neutral alliance.

Joining an alliance is probably the most important thing you can do as a new member to CN because they will help you grow and learn the game. Also you want to get out of Peace Mode soon as possible because then your collections start taking a hit, when you are in an alliance you nation is put under the protection of that alliance and other members, whether it be militarily/diplomatic/or financially. So like i said, finding an alliance is the most important thing to do at your stage.

My suggestion would be to either message the guy's who MM'd you for details on their alliance and for you to see how that alliance would help you out, and/or pm other random alliances for info on their alliance and about interest to join them

Edited by Lurunin

You need to join an alliance. If you don't, you have to either sit in peace mode forever (which essentially means you'll never do any significant growth) or, if you go to war mode, you'll be raided. Raids won't be fair fights - you'll get hit by 2 or 3 nations who are all bigger than you.

An alliance will help protect you. They will also help educate you, teaching you how to deal tech (small nations should normally sell tech, which is much more profitable than your daily tax income), what trade sets are good, and much more.

The game itself moves fairly slow, and if you aren't in an alliance, you miss a lot. In an alliance, you'll make friends, etc.

[quote name='Baldr' date='12 June 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1276382423' post='2335462']
You need to join an alliance. If you don't, you have to either sit in peace mode forever (which essentially means you'll never do any significant growth) or, if you go to war mode, you'll be raided. Raids won't be fair fights - you'll get hit by 2 or 3 nations who are all bigger than you.

An alliance will help protect you. They will also help educate you, teaching you how to deal tech (small nations should normally sell tech, which is much more profitable than your daily tax income), what trade sets are good, and much more.

The game itself moves fairly slow, and if you aren't in an alliance, you miss a lot. In an alliance, you'll make friends, etc.
[/quote]

That is not true, you don't need to depend on other nations at all.

[quote name='Zeta' date='13 June 2010 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1276429946' post='2336085']
[/quote]
You've been in the game for a couple of days. Yes, you do need to depend on other nations if you want to get a huge boost. Alliances, like ours at Asgaard, sometimes send out stimulus packages but mainly dea in 50 tech for 3 million dollars.

Now, stop where you are.

You have perfect resources and government. Good.

STOP BUYING INFRASTRUCTURE. Get in an alliance then get a tech dela from someone. This will cause you a HUGE amount of money to spend on infra and the tech to pay them back.

Mark my words: find out what a 3 br is and get in one. Look at my resources and trades. That is a 3br. best income set.

Now, joining alliances that are neutral and OVER 12 MEMBERS is a great way to start. Under 12 members will get them raided. Don't start your own alliance. Horrible idea. Get to know the game and be at least a year old, in 3 or 4 alliances and a good strength before creating your own.

Other than that, the first improvement you want is a Harbor. Then a bank or stadium.

Some useful advice is to get out of peace mode for now at least, at your level there won't be many raiders. Unfortunately, there are ruthless warmongers who are looking to get tech and money the easy way by destroying your nation and stealing your hard work in the process. Any nation who wants to grow can't do so independently, unless you are one of the strongest in the world. So join an alliance that best suits your beliefs otherwise you will become bored and inactive. Personally, I despise tech raiding so I joined an alliance that seeks to stop it.

Your resources are pretty good, you should be getting some trade offers. Instead of just randomly trading with other people, getting in a trade circle like somebody else said would be a good idea. Some resources are better than others, and some resources you need for different things in the game. The right combinations will also give you bonus resources which don't cost a trade slot. I've been in my trade circle for about a year so far and it has been extremely stable. If you aren't in a circle, expect for people to be cancelling trades on you every now and then.

Lastly infrastructure is the most important thing in the game. There's no natural population growth, to get more citizens you need more infra. This obviously means more people paying taxes, and more people you can recruit to your army. Buying technology reduces your infrastructure maintenance and purchases, and also advances things that you can build. If you don't have any yet, then it would not be an bad idea to get some!! As for land don't worry about it too much, my nation grows fast enough I never have to buy any. If your population gets too crowded though, they will be angry, so keep an eye on that.

War is a more complicated subject, but for now you should avoid them since you are fresh. This information is only the very basics of the game. If you join an alliance you'll have access to guides which will tell you just what you need to do to grow your nation as quickly as possible.

It would also be smart to sell 50 tech to someone. They will send you 3 million for it which is a lot for a small country. You can use that money to buy the tech, and then still have more left over to build up your nation.

[quote name='Zeta' date='13 June 2010 - 06:52 AM' timestamp='1276429946' post='2336085']
[/quote]

I agree that you don't *have* to join an alliance. However, very few nations grow very far without joining an alliance. An alliance can help you directly (sending money, giving advice), indirectly (you are far less likely to be attacked) and in ways I'm not sure how to say. CN is a very slow moving game. Being in an alliance gives you friends. Without the friends, even if you *do* manage to grow, you'll soon end up in a situation where most days you don't do anything but pay bills and log out. With friends from an alliance, there are other things to do, people to talk to, etc.

Now, if you are satisfied to constantly fight small level wars, raid for money, get raided (or attacked by people defending people you raided), then I suppose you can do that. You'll never grow, but you can do it for as long as you want.

You're saying "you don't need other nations", as if you have a lot of experience playing without an alliance. But your nation is 3 days old and, surprising nobody, very small.