Inspirational War for all little countries.

[quote name='Heinlander' date='11 June 2010 - 07:37 PM' timestamp='1276306632' post='2334183']
There was a Republic of Islam
Whose methods lacked certain aplomb
As his nation burned
He still didn't learn
And declared that he won all along.
[/quote]

I consider this to be like Troy where 1 million Persians where killed with 300 Spartans loss. Its one of those rare events where even though you lose, you won simply because you beat the million to 1 shot.

Edited by Islamic Republic

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='roymustang' date='11 June 2010 - 09:38 PM' timestamp='1276306713' post='2334184']
If you're throwing your weight behind this fool, prepare to have your streak broken.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Actually I'm not defending him against IAA. I have no mentioned the IAA at all. Really, I had seen his whole affair with that alliance for sometime, and I agree, he is an idiot. However, my qualm is with GOONS. I shall fight them anytime and anywhere for any reason. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.[/color]

plus, prophesying that [alliance currently on top] will be brought down isn't exactly a mindblowing feat of prophecy. The top dog is the biggest target, and eventually all empires fall. Plus, in the prophecy business, if you're smart enough not to give timelines, you're always just waiting to be right.

It's how all the best frauds do it.

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 08:40 PM' timestamp='1276306833' post='2334186']
[color="#0000FF"]my qualm is with GOONS. I shall fight them anytime and anywhere for any reason. I hate them. I hate them. I hate them.[/color]
[/quote]

damn it, RV, i already [i]have[/i] a sig with a quote by you in it. Why do you have to keep saying these things?

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1276306786' post='2334185']
I consider this to be like Troy where 1 million Persians where killed with 300 Spartans loss. Its one of those rare events where even though you lose, you won simply because you beat the million to 1 shot.
[/quote]
dude, that's not Troy. that's the Battle of Thermopylae.

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' date='11 June 2010 - 07:42 PM' timestamp='1276306950' post='2334192']
dude, that's not Troy. that's the Battle of Thermopylae.
[/quote]

Ah my bad, even though it is like troy with the wooden horse, a few soldiers and careful planning and bam! IAA is crushed in my NS range.

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 09:40 PM' timestamp='1276306786' post='2334185']
[/quote]
No, you still lose. The term is "Pyrrhic victory", and it means that the victors won with staggering losses. The only way for the loser to turn the battle into a victory is to win the war. You, my friend, will not win the war.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='11 June 2010 - 07:46 PM' timestamp='1276307200' post='2334198']
[ooc]at the battle of Thermopylae, casualties were 1000-4000 on the Greek side, and 20,000 on the Persian side. Not 300 and 1 million.

This is what happens when you get your history from Internet memes[/ooc]
[/quote]

Im not trying to be historically accurate, cause history is off, most people dont know that the reason why Jews where starving to death was because of the blockade of Germany, which resulted in soldiers and civilians starving to death in large numbers, not just Jews. Theirs one history fact from the Internet and Hollywood thats wrong.

[quote name='Lamuella' date='11 June 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1276307200' post='2334198']
[ooc]at the battle of Thermopylae, casualties were 1000-4000 on the Greek side, and 20,000 on the Persian side. Not 300 and 1 million.

This is what happens when you get your history from Internet memes[/ooc]
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: Actually, it is what you get when you get your history from bad movies. People always forget the contribution of the other city states. Also the Spartan helots (pretty much slaves). The Persians did have a large army, yes, but most likely not as large as what Herodotus claimed (over a million). The size of the world at the time, and factoring in supply lines and distances, it is doubtful. In the hundreds of thousands would be far more likely.

But yes, that said, Islamic Republic, where did get Troy from? That I can't figure out.[/color]

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1276307421' post='2334201']
Im not trying to be historically accurate, cause history is off, most people dont know that the reason why Jews where starving to death was because of the blockade of Germany, which resulted in soldiers and civilians starving to death in large numbers, not just Jews. Theirs one history fact from the Internet and Hollywood thats wrong.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: You did not just go there did you?[/color]

Edited by Rebel Virginia

One time, I heard George Bush flew planes into the World Trade Center.

This is exactly the same as Franklin Roosevelt bombing Pearl Harbor.

See? I can make up historical inaccuracies which insult thousands of people at once, too!

[quote name='Lamuella' date='11 June 2010 - 09:56 PM' timestamp='1276307754' post='2334210']
oh my god. Rebel Virginia is on my side about something.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE, ISLAMIC REPUBLIC

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
[/quote]
This thread is legitimately making my night right now. I've never laughed openly at a CN thread before.

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 09:50 PM' timestamp='1276307421' post='2334201']
[/quote]

[OOC][IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/2gxnqx0.gif[/IMG][/OOC]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='11 June 2010 - 07:53 PM' timestamp='1276307597' post='2334205']
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: Actually, it is what you get when you get your history from bad movies. People always forget the contribution of the other city states. Also the Spartan helots (pretty much slaves). The Persians did have a large army, yes, but most likely not as large as what Herodotus claimed (over a million). The size of the world at the time, and factoring in supply lines and distances, it is doubtful. In the hundreds of thousands would be far more likely.

But yes, that said, Islamic Republic, where did get Troy from? That I can't figure out.[/color]

[color="#0000FF"]OOC: You did not just go there did you?[/color]
[/quote]

Considering there's documents of German Civilians and Soldiers starving to death, is it hard to believe that they chose to feed there own people over captives? Common sense, the average calorie intake for fighting German men towards the end of the war was 2-3 slices of bread every 3 days.

[quote name='roymustang' date='11 June 2010 - 10:00 PM' timestamp='1276307995' post='2334216']
This thread is legitimately making my night right now. I've never laughed openly at a CN thread before.
[/quote]
I agree. It's probably the best thing after the whole purplol thing.

Keep it going, guys :awesome:

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1276307018' post='2334193']
Ah my bad, even though it is like troy with the wooden horse, a few soldiers and careful planning and bam! IAA is crushed in my NS range.
[/quote]

dude, Troy had an army far larger than 300 soldiers. then there is the fact that the Persians numbered maybe 100k tops. then there is the fact that people tend to forget the 1k-3k other Greek soldiers (i.e. from the other non-Spartan Greek nations).

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 08:50 PM' timestamp='1276307421' post='2334201']
[/quote]

wait, so it was not due to Hitler and Himmler rounding up the Jews and throwing them in ghettos or concentration camps? are you !@#$@#$ serious?

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 10:02 PM' timestamp='1276308131' post='2334220']
Considering there's documents of German Civilians and Soldiers starving to death, is it hard to believe that they chose to feed there own people over captives? Common sense, the average calorie intake for fighting German men towards the end of the war was 2-3 slices of bread every 3 days.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]OOC: Well, if they were just detention centers I am sure they wouldn't be expect all of them to die. The US did that in the war to the Japanese, but we didn't have huge crematoriums.....or gases chambers. Add in the fact that a lot of those in the concentration camps were German Jews, etc. Which begs the question, why am I arguing with you? I have a feeling I am not going to win. Not that I am wrong, but sometimes there just is no hope of reasoning with some people. Take that as you will.[/color]

[quote name='Dochartaigh' date='11 June 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1276308476' post='2334233']
dude, Troy had an army far larger than 300 soldiers. then there is the fact that the Persians numbered maybe 100k tops. then there is the fact that people tend to forget the 1k-3k other Greek soldiers (i.e. from the other non-Spartan Greek nations).

wait, so it was not due to Hitler and Himmler rounding up the Jews and throwing them in ghettos or concentration camps? are you !@#$@#$ serious?
[/quote]

No Hitler did kill Jews(in fact he killed everyone, Jews being the minority in losses), he just never starved them to death on purpose. They where a expendable labor force tbh, which gave Germany a big advantage in manufacturing. Basically like the slave trade.

And considering German soldiers where eating less in 3 days, then the average person has in 1 meal, does supply evidence to food issues.

[quote name='Islamic Republic' date='11 June 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1276308601' post='2334239']
No Hitler did kill Jews(in fact he killed everyone)
[/quote]

True... He did kill me... and himself...

[quote name='Choson' date='11 June 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1276308771' post='2334243']
True... He did kill me... [b]and himself...[/b]
[/quote]
[occ]Not Proven....but wait.....why are we doing a history lesson in CN its summer I thought i would get away from learning D:[/occ]

Edited by Likish