Articuno-Australia Meeting

Sir Keshav IV

A letter was sent to the head of the Australian Government

[quote]To: The Respected Government of Australia

To the respected government of Australia,

Articuno Islands is interested in a meeting with the head of the government to discuss few issues between both countries. The agenda behind this meeting is the Non-Aggression Pact between both countries and also few land claims from both sides. We have set up a temporary building in Xining, as our capital Baoji is being rebuilt from the devastating Sino Civil war. We are interested in your answer,

Regards,

Interim President Keshav[/quote]

To: Interim President Keshav

I am unable to attend. However, I have sent Theodore Jameson, Duke of Darwin, on my behalf.

~HRH Hannah Asgeirsson

----

On board the government plane, Jameson calmly sat, still doing paperwork until the time came to land. Just because he was being sent to a meeting did not mean his work was put on hold.

it wasn't long before the plane neared Articunoan airspace, identified itself, and requested permission to enter.

The Duke was recieved by the Interim President himself, but not much fireworks. Articuno was still rebuilding. The duke was then led a small car, which could hold no more then 3 people and was led to a very small building. Then he was led into a bedroom, which had become the office of the President.

[i]Please make yourself comfortable. As you can see the Sino Civil war has had a longlasting effect on my country. It will take a while. But do you wish for anything to eat or drink?[/i]

Jameson did not mind that there was no elaborate show to greet him. He was not ignorant of the war, and its consequences. But it was fortunate that he'd declined to bring any guards with him, from the size of the car.

He said as much to the President when the man apologized for the state of the country, inclining his head in a show of respect. "I understand perfectly the effects a war can have. If you have any water, I would appreciate some, but otherwise I'm fine, thanks."

The President beckoned an aide and a glass of water was brought.

[i]Now, I must thank you for coming on such short notice, the issue we have is of utmost importance. At least in our views. If you do remember, the nation of Acca Dacca was given the Island of Borneo and Paracel Islands, both were holdings of China for well over five years. As such we are happy that Borneo has become independent and the various governments ruling Borneo look strong enough to give the people of Borneo what they couldn't have from us. What we are instead asking for are the Paracel Chain of Islands. They are not a part of Oceania. They have always been Chinese and we are very interested in acquiring Paracel peacefully from Australia. We are also interested in building a relationship for the Non-Aggression Pact signed between our two states.[/i]

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='11 June 2010 - 06:14 AM' timestamp='1276262071' post='2333186']
The President beckoned an aide and a glass of water was brought.

[i]Now, I must thank you for coming on such short notice, the issue we have is of utmost importance. At least in our views. If you do remember, the nation of Acca Dacca was given the Island of Borneo and Paracel Islands, both were holdings of China for well over five years. As such we are happy that Borneo has become independent and the various governments ruling Borneo look strong enough to give the people of Borneo what they couldn't have from us. What we are instead asking for are the Paracel Chain of Islands. They are not a part of Oceania. They have always been Chinese and we are very interested in acquiring Paracel peacefully from Australia. We are also interested in building a relationship for the Non-Aggression Pact signed between our two states.[/i]
[/quote]
Jameson took a sip of the water, considering the President's words.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure why your predecessor nation gave up the Paracels to Acca Dacca, nor am I quite clear why the islands were not returned to you upon Acca Dacca's collapse. I do believe, yes, that they belong in the hands of the Chinese once again, but why you? There are at least two other nations within lands historically Chinese, one of which is in closer proximity to the islands than yourselves. I say this not as a rejection--I must ask, as you are not the only on asking for the islands to be returned to Chinese hands."

He took another sip of water. "Yes, we are quite proud of the island of Borneo and its independence. But don't sell yourselves short. You had a hand in it too--we can see that now after having helped administrate the island after several years."

"As for a Non-Aggression Pact--the Queendom rarely refuses such an offer outright. With you, i'm sure I would have no trouble convincing the Queen and Grand Duke to sign such a thing."

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='11 June 2010 - 08:07 PM' timestamp='1276286805' post='2333564']
Jameson took a sip of the water, considering the President's words.

"Honestly, I'm not even sure why your predecessor nation gave up the Paracels to Acca Dacca, nor am I quite clear why the islands were not returned to you upon Acca Dacca's collapse. I do believe, yes, that they belong in the hands of the Chinese once again, but why you? There are at least two other nations within lands historically Chinese, one of which is in closer proximity to the islands than yourselves. I say this not as a rejection--I must ask, as you are not the only on asking for the islands to be returned to Chinese hands."

He took another sip of water. "Yes, we are quite proud of the island of Borneo and its independence. But don't sell yourselves short. You had a hand in it too--we can see that now after having helped administrate the island after several years."

"As for a Non-Aggression Pact--the Queendom rarely refuses such an offer outright. With you, i'm sure I would have no trouble convincing the Queen and Grand Duke to sign such a thing."
[/quote]

[i]Interesting question, why us? Simple, we held the island before. We had tried making it a military port beforehand. At least the PRC did. Likewise, we are interested in opening out a scientific research centre on those islands which have been under our control for a very long time. Now in China, it is split into five different areas. We have been the China that expanded into Paracel and took care of it to our best possible capabilities. What we are willing to do infact is let Australian overseer's stay on the Islands to make sure that we aren't destroying in any sort of form. The ecology there is very delicate and the PRC should not have tried building anything there. To us, we want it for scientific purposes and nothing else. Our offer to Australia stands, overseers are welcome to make sure we are doing as we promised.[/i]

[i]Then we shall write a document for the NAP.[/i]

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='12 June 2010 - 01:11 AM' timestamp='1276326675' post='2334739']
OOC: We have set up a temporary building in Xining, as our capital Baoji is being rebuilt from the devastating Sino Civil war. We are interested in your answer,[/quote]

OOC: I apologize.

"True, you do have a prior claim...and it was not the current administration that gave up the claim to the land. If indeed your wish is to simply set up a research centre, then you will indeed have the support of the Australian government, and the offer to let an overseer stay is noted with some approval."

"Although admittedly I don't recall being the islands being given specifically to Australia, rather Oceania as a whole, we took the liberty of discussing the islands beforehand with our allies and decided together that if this was what you were asking for, we had no objections as a whole to administratorship being returned to you. We also accept the offer to let an overseer stay behind to moniter the station, though we expect for him to have little to do."

"As for the NAP, as soon as I am presented with a working draft, I will present to Her Highness and His Grace for approval."

[i]We are willing to present our case to the Oceanic Union if needed. These islands mean a lot to us.[/i]

The President beckoned an aide and a document was passed over the Duke. It was the treaty draft proposal

[quote] Non-Aggression Pact between Australia(Aus) and Articuno Islands(AI)

Article 1-

1)Non-Aggression: Aus and AI agree never to declare war against one another, nor will they conduct espionage against one another.

2)Paracel Islands: If Paracel Islands are given to AI, then if AI falls, Paracel Islands will be returned to Australia and the Oceanic Union for protection.

3)AI also pledges to never interfere in Oceanic Affairs, and will not expand into the Oceanic Sphere of Influence as long as this treaty is in effect.

Cancellation: Can be canceled if both signatories agree. Only term one can be cancelled, other two terms shall exist unless Aus or AI cease to exist.[/quote]

[i] This is our treaty proposal.[/i]

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='12 June 2010 - 08:11 AM' timestamp='1276326675' post='2334739']
OOC: We have set up a temporary building in Xining, as our capital Baoji is being rebuilt from the devastating Sino Civil war. We are interested in your answer,

Please read :rolleyes:
[/quote]

OOC: I gotta call BS here. I never attacked your capital. I can't find any reference of it being hit in the war between Keshav and the Communists either. If it was devastated before our war, why would it have been your capital in the first place?

Edited by Triyun

[quote name='Triyun' date='14 June 2010 - 05:40 PM' timestamp='1276562439' post='2337741']
OOC: I gotta call BS here. I never attacked your capital. I can't find any reference of it being hit in the war between Keshav and the Communists either. If it was devastated before our war, why would it have been your capital in the first place?
[/quote]
OOC: He did a lot of devastating himself. Now please, keep the OOC out of this thread and in the proper one. If you feel you must ensure that we see it, make a post linking to one in the OOC thread.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder