Organisation internationale de la Francophonie

Sarah Tintagyl

Xochitl Urrea from Himynamistan said, "We of Himynamistan, while not Francophone in language, does share a great deal of French influence in both the arts and cuisine. We of Himynamistan would be very interested in cultural exchanges that underscore the global French legacy and influence."

Outside the Versailles Palace a French military jeep screeched to a halt outside the main gate. Coming directly from meetings with General Delacour, General Al-Malak would now be representing the French population of Corsica at the Francophone meeting on behalf of the Steward. The General and his two aides strode past the guards at the front of the palace and quickly made their way to the room where the delegates were meeting.

"Apologies ladies and gentlemen, for our lateness," he said as he and his aides burst through the meeting-room's doors. They strode over to some empty seats and laid out a number of relevant papers and folders.

"We in Arctica have many historical ties to France," began the Deputy Minister. "French is the secondary language in our Indian Ocean Territory, English being the national language. The Territory includes such regions as Reunion, the Seychelles, and Rodrigues, and due to colonial influence many other Arcticans are French speakers.

Arctica is in favor of this international exposition of French culture worldwide. However, I would like for the aim of this organization to be the strengthening of French culture where it exists rather than increased political influence."

The talk of spreading influence made Mahavony uneasy. It would make the organization into something coming close to espousing the I-word, and such activities reminded him of the N-word, the words meaning, respectively, cultural imperialism and Nords.

OOC: edit, changed became to began.

Edited by Vedran

Max Robespierre spoke up, "The people of the Louisiana Purchase, the states now west of the Mississippi in the current U.S. are in bulk of French ancestry. We would love the opportunity to express our culture. As for influence, the only way a culture's influence can really spread is reproduction. You cannot really make the non-french more french.. the very thought is absurd! Influence is more a national concept. While it would be nice to get others to adopt some of our cultural habits, I'd say that the best that could be done in this regard to spreading the French spirit is to convince nations of mostly French heritage to increase spending on supporting families!" He chuckled.

"I apologize of course, I didn't mean to make it sound as though this organization was meant to turn the non-French into French speaking countries. Again Excellencies, this is about preservation, about understand our ancestral pasts, not exploitation. If I came off like that, I apologize. But the proposals I have heard are quite interesting and if we would like to start off with a Cultural Exposition in Paris for all of our ancestry to participate with pavilions and of course open to the world I think that would be a great start to building relationships between ourselves. If everyone can agree to such a movement, I believe we could begin to start planning such an exposition and what will go into it. I would assume just a demonstration of local culture, but of course if any of you have things to add, by all means. Do so."

The Empress started spekaing:

"Our identify was torn away when we were nuked, you Highness saw fit to aid us and rebuilt our Capital, our culture was French and English, but now with our cities slowly being built into a more French style, the villages undertaking French names, and towns sprining up with French names and architechtural style, we do not know how we can do a demonstration of local culture, as it is not much different from Frances itself, unless you mean our Colossus?"

"Then we should have many grand ideas for this venture. Namely the steamboats and Jazz music of the Mississippi that grew directly out of our influence in North America! It would be delicious, no? Floating along the serene river side whist listening to the brass play? Our very own version of the North American French Seine. And oh the Barbecue.. it will be a night to remember!"

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Chancellor Croix spoke up after the U.S. representative finished speaking, "Louisiana would be willing to open her section of the Mississippi river to the United States in order to cooperate on a showcase of the steamboat and jazz music tradition, on the Mississippi river, should the U.S. like to showcase that."

[quote name='Yawoo' date='16 June 2010 - 11:33 AM' timestamp='1276702417' post='2339501']
Chancellor Croix spoke up after the U.S. representative finished speaking, "Louisiana would be willing to open her section of the Mississippi river to the United States in order to cooperate on a showcase of the steamboat and jazz music tradition, on the Mississippi river, should the U.S. like to showcase that."
[/quote]

"A little co-operation among neighbors never hurt anyone!" Chuckled Robespierre. "Lets get the shrimp and crawdads cookin! When would we like to ideally start all this? Perhaps an international french culture day? We could have the exhibition in Paris on the same date."

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex