Organisation internationale de la Francophonie

Sarah Tintagyl

Centuries ago two great empires vied for power across the world, the British and French Empires throughout the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries fielded some of the strongest armies and navies in their quest to subjugate and colonize foreign lands over the oceans. As time went on, other countries began to challenge these two behemoths and their power slowly began to fade. Since that time the world had seen other massive empires rise and fall, but the history that Britain and France held did not simply disappear and while Britain had taken the form of Scotland, content with its island home, France had become quite different. In the periods of instability that resulted from the various falls of the Republics and Empires, years of German and Welsh, Scottish hold had tempered the French people into strong nation, a nation that had rid themselves of the pretenders and had out of the ashes of the past, created a new empire, the strongest France had ever been in a long time.

But while the French homeland was in a state of prosperity, what of the other old areas of the Empire? North America? Africa? South America? Asia? Oceania? Though Therese was an imperialist, she had a soft spot in her heart for the rest of those who shared her ideas of culture, of language, and of the principles inspired by the past Empire, something she sought to reestablish and perhaps the people across the world, those who traced their identities back to France, shared the same views for their own countries.

As such Therese believed it best that if such organizations as NATO were forming, while other nations had philosophies of Zeonism there was a rising threat to the preservation of the French people and culture. The Empress would not allow the lose of the culture to happen.

A missive was then sent to all French cultural or language tied nations:

[quote]

[i]Bonjour Mes Amis! Greetings from France!

This missive has been sent to your Foreign Ministry on account of one reason, your nation's once tie to a great empire of the past. Its language, its culture, its people, and its ideology. In light of recent Pan-Cultural Movements and well as the rise of geopolitical blocs across the world there is no better time to make sure that the preservation of our culture, language, and identity is preserved. Therefore I would like to invite your heads of state or representatives to Versailles, in the Hall of Mirrors to discuss the creation of an organization that ensures the continuity of the French identity across the world. We will be discussing furthering individual relationships, global diplomacy, as well as regional politics and support for one another.

Any other questions I hope to answer upon Your Excellencies' arrivals, until then you have my well wishes and hopes that you will continue to lead your countries to prosperity and glory.

Sincerely Yours,

Therese Zelle[/i]
[b]Empress of France[/b]
[/quote]

[quote]To:[i]Therese Zelle

Greetings Madame, your message has been received and I will be in attendance.

Hugs & Kisses,

President Edward Moshum
[/i] [/quote]

OOC - Hugs and Kisses...the friend kind. [img]http://forums.cybernations.net/public/style_emoticons/default/awesome.gif[/img]

[quote]To:Therese Zelle

Both the Emperor and the Empress shall attend the meeting your highness.

Best regards from Napoleon and Josephine.

P.S is it ok if Jessica comes aswell, she wont be any trouble.[/quote]

A message arrived from Arctica.

[quote]Your Highness,

I certainly do not believe that the people from Arctica wish to associate themselves with the French empire, but the historic link cannot be denied as the near entirety of present-day Arctica - Madagascar, Réunion, the Seychelles - was at one point French, and there are many who speak its language. It is because of this reason that the Union will choose to attend, at least to hear the suggestions. Because Minister Ramiaramanana attends the Global Peace Summit in America, I will personally represent Arctica at this meeting.

Regards,

Vedran I
Sovereign of Arctica[/quote]

"Hey, we got an invite, too!"

"What? Invite to where?"

"The Francophone thing."

"Huh? We speak Spanish and Nahuatl, mostly."

"You need to remember your history. There was the Bourbon Restoration, where we had about 100 years of French rule, via the Bourbon monarchy in Spain. Then there was the French takeover of Mexico in the 1860s. Where did you think we got all the amazing breads from?"

"Ohhh..."

"Well, don't just stand there like an idiot, go inform Minister Madero!"

[quote]

We of Himynamistan would be pleased to attend. We shall send an envoy.

In service to Himynamistan and with respect to the Empress,

Himynamistan Minister of State, F. I. Madero

[/quote]

[b]PRIVATE[/b]

[i]« Ah, nous avons reçu un message de l'Empire français. »[/i] ("Ah, we have received a message from the French Empire.") said Lance as he skimmed through the latest diplomatic reports and messages piled in his study's desk.

[i]« Pourquoi? Nous n'avons pas parlé avec les français pour longtemps. »[/i] ("Why? We haven't spoken to the French for a while.") inquired Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs. Meridian had just been summoned by Lance into his study as soon as Lance read the French letter.

[i]« Ils veulent former une organisation pour les nations avec la culture ou la langue française. Devons-nous aller? »[/i] ("They want to form an organization for nations with the French culture or language. Should we go?") replied Lance.

[i]« Bien sûr. Notre adhésion dans l’organisation sera une bonne action politique que le Parti français soutiendra. Finalement, le Gouvernment leur obtiendra soutien. »[/i] ("Of course. Our membership in the organization will be a good political move that the French Party will support. Finally, the Government will get their support.") replied Meridian.

[i]« Bon. Vous dites l’Impératrice française que nous irons. »[/i] ("Good. Tell the French Empress that we will go.") replied Lance.

[b]STILL PRIVATE[/b]

[quote][center][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091230220737/cybernations/images/thumb/2/29/DisparuGovernmentSeal.png/250px-DisparuGovernmentSeal.png[/img][/center]

[b]TO/À:[/b] Therese Zelle, Empress of France
[b]FROM/DE:[/b] Lilian Meridian, Minister of Foreign Affairs

Bonjour,

Even though Disparu has remained quite distant with France ever since it's formation, we still believe that both of our nations should have more cordial relations due to our undeniable cultural connections with France. As such, Disparu will be glad to send a delegation to Versailles to discuss a possible organization that will seek to unite the French people of the world. I and the Minister of Culture will personally be able to attend on behalf of the Disparuean Government.

Regards,
[i]/s/[/i]
Lilian Meridian
Minister of Foreign Affairs
Member of the Empire Party[/quote]

[b]***Private***[/b]

"Tell me again why we even got this invitation? Our cultures are primarily Finnish, British, and Welsh, not French."

The Polynesian Duke pointedly stared at Theodore Jameson.

"Oh, right. French Polynesia. Anyway, doesn't matter what I think, the order came from the Palace. A representative is to be sent. Not that I expect anything to come of [i]our[/i] attendance, but it would be rude of us not to send someone after being invited. Let's at least make it Sure it's someone with a French-sounding name. Preferably from the Polynesians."

He looked through the options available. "Well, then there's really only one person to send." His finger had stopped on the name Aveline Xavier, a Captain in the Lillian Guard.

----

The Australian Queendom, though only containing a small French minority, will accept the gracious invitation of Empress Therese of France.

Therese had waited a long while as the responses poured in from across the world, some were negative given one the recent plague outbreaks across Western Europe. Though those had been confined to the north of Paris and Versailles so there wasn't a great deal of anxiety there. Others were negative because of the host country itself. The Empire had not done a great deal of friendship making, given its imperialistic policies over Iberia, though this was no concern for Therese and she had no intention of altering her ambitions because foreigners across the sea disagreed with her, she wasn't easily frightened, if at all.

When the representatives arrived and there were many, they would arrive at the international airport in Paris where a large section of runway and terminal had been reserved for them. From there the Imperial Guard welcomed the representatives and ushered them into various armored limousines that would take them from the airport to the black iron gates of Versailles. It was a beautiful day as the gates opened and the entire court of the Empress had been lined up along the main thoroughfare, surrounded by flags from every nation that was in attendance. At the stairs of Versailles leading into the palace stood Therese, her hair hung low, signature over her right eye with her eye patch only slightly shown and in the uniform of the Field Marshal of France, on her side stood Charles Talles, the Foreign Minister, and Claire Delacour the Commander of the Imperial Guard.

"Your Excellencies, Madames and Monsieurs, I bid you welcome to my home and I bid you welcome to France. Please, if you would all follow me, we will begin our talks in the Hall of Mirrors."

Therese turned on her heels and led the delegations through the gilded halls and corridors until they had arrived in the massive hall that had a large square table set inside it, with flags designating the representatives' seats. Sitting down herself, the Empress folded her hands and waited for everyone to get comfortable. Glasses of water were already out, but the guests were allowed to order anything their hearts desired, wines, beers, whiskeys, and a plethora of dishes and after that was taken care of. Therese began.

"Excellencies, I would like to begin of restating of why we are all gathered here. Each one of our countries in one way have been touched by the cultural, economic, or imperial hand of France, some in the past and some today. Given the rise of recent regional diplomatic movements as PEPTO, the WEU, the ECO, and others, along with Pan-Cultural Movements, the French global culture stands in a dangerous point in its legacy. Indeed Excellencies I must thank each and everyone of you, France herself has only recently been able to hold her culture and people proudly from both the Germans and Scots. That being said, we each have an opportunity in front of us to advance our cultures upon the world bringing strength, prosperity, and fortune to each of our lands.

For the most part I believe, most of us are on good terms with each other and if not, I would like to stress to forget your differences for this moment in time for you are fighting perhaps a distant cousin, relative, or potential friend. If friendship can be achieved here however, I would like to know how in your minds we could do about creating an organization that is one, dedicated to the preservation of French culture, its art, history, and music, the preservation of local cultures that have interacted with the previous empires and republics, and how we can expand its influence on the world. While my beginning proposals are quite simple, I would like to begin the idea of perhaps economic treaties, cultural development in the form of expositions, economic stress and building towards the arts, and perhaps even non-aggression pacts between the members gathered here. But of course that is up to discussion.

So, Excellencies, how can we make our ancestry as powerful and as prevalent in the world as it was two hundred odd years ago."

Edward rose up calmly from his seat remarking[i] " I believe that a first step towards uniting the French ancestry around the world would be a cultural and trade expo of sorts where our nations may all participate and trade goods, ideals, and concepts. While all our ties have French elements and roots to them, not all of our cultures are alike; we've all developed unique and almost exclusive cultures and nations. Hence in order to foster good will and well being, we must first work on getting to know each other. Furthermore, I believe opening up our collective markets would be another step towards strengthening our nations and as idea, people, currency, and culture, flow freely from one nation to the next."[/i] He was anxious to see how the day would transpire, as he knew that while everyone in the room held French ancestry; not everyone would be eye to eye on things. He hoped that the leaders of the world in attendance would work towards tackling these issues rather then allowing them to cloud a potentially great move for French people around the world.

Aveline listened to Edward, nodding as he spoke. "Indeed. No sensible nation will sign anything with another it does not know." The Lillian wore an apologetic smile. "Many here have had little to no contact with at least some of their fellows, and an expo as the representative of the New Palma Republic suggested would be a good way to 'break the ice,' and foster trade, which in turn can possibly lead up to the Non-Aggression Pacts you mention, Your Excellency," she concluded, addressing the last sentence to Therese herself.

And in her mind, it would be fascinating to see how French culture had evolved around the world.

"Louisiana is most interested in this trade expo idea. It would be a unique experience to see how nations from across the world, though connected via French culture, have adapted and flourished to the challenges that surround us on this planet." Michale Croix wasn't about to put his signature on a treaty with only distant roots of culture to hold it together, but a trade expo? Now that, he could get behind.

[i]Private[/i]
"Sir, a message from the French."
"Hmm?" General Gregor Eivanov glanced up at the soldier. The Isara Alliance and France had not had much contact since previous talks had failed to be initiated.
Eivanov took the message and read it. When he finished, his face was a mask of amused confusion.
"Well, I will attend, but...where is the connection between the Alliance and French culture? I mean, certainly, we are a nation with openly imperialistic ideals, and a large number of French speakers...well then, have my jet readied. I'm sure Irina can efficiently run things around here."

A few hours later, Eivanov discreetly entered the great hall in an ornate military uniform.
"Excuse my lateness in attending this meeting..." Eivanov bowed lowly as he sat.

"I also agree with this idea, as it will help open up relations between our nations before developing stronger relations and commitments. This might solve the problem that usually plagues international organizations attempting to form - the fact that nations will usually disagree on immediately having a military commitment with an unknown nation.

Perhaps the main goal of this organization shouldn't be military defence or aggressiveness, but it should be the protection and promotion of the French language and culture throughout the world, and perhaps the promotion of human rights."

Napoleon stayed silent throughout, until the last.
"The Promotion of human rights exclusivly within the French influence...past and present?.

The Trade espo for the moment would be more fitting your highness, and it is also a trust builing process, whilst you know the Imperial Army is willing to defend France, to commit to a larger organisation or bloc to which you suggest, could be considered unwise. Many Nations have ulterior motives."

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='10 June 2010 - 08:08 PM' timestamp='1276214865' post='2332379']
Napoleon stayed silent throughout, until the last.
[b]"The Promotion of human rights exclusivly within the French influence...past and present?.[/b]

The Trade espo for the moment would be more fitting your highness, and it is also a trust builing process, whilst you know the Imperial Army is willing to defend France, to commit to a larger organisation or bloc to which you suggest, could be considered unwise. Many Nations have ulterior motives."
[/quote]

"I meant to say the promotion of human rights [i]throughout the world[/i], not just in Francophone nations. My apologies for the misunderstanding." replied Meridian.

"Well perhaps this is where we would like to start Excellencies, organizing an international exposition for our countries and of course open to the entire world. Then the question begs to offer, how would we organize it, where, and what are we exactly going to offer as a way to bring our people closer together and after it is done, where do we move from there?"

The United States shall be sending representatives. Due to the current Global Peace Summit, President Caudill unfortunately will not be able to attend directly.

Max Robespierre arrived by national jet and made his way to the meeting. "Forgive my lateness. I was up for the after party at the Global Peace Summit and had to rid myself of intoxication before I could hope to board a plane."

[quote name='Sarah Tintagyl' date='10 June 2010 - 09:01 PM' timestamp='1276228878' post='2332778']
"Well perhaps this is where we would like to start Excellencies, organizing an international exposition for our countries and of course open to the entire world. Then the question begs to offer, how would we organize it, where, and what are we exactly going to offer as a way to bring our people closer together and after it is done, where do we move from there?"
[/quote]
"Please, Your Highness, I am no Excellency," Aveline protested.

"I would think, however, considering the heritage of each nation represented in this conference, it is only natural the exposition be held here in France. Or any of the territories currently under the Empire's control. I would suggest that every country participating in the exposition submit a general outline of what they intend to put in their booths to a central committee, which would organize them all for ideal display for every participant."

OOC: Mael...haha. <_<

Lt. Colonel Mustafa, of the African Legion, quietly slides into the room. He represents a group that isn't a nation, but an organization. Dressed in his ceremonial African Legion Uniform he cuts a striking figure of a man who towers over six feet tall and is missing two fingers on his left hand. His role, requested by the Council of the African Legion, is too observe the proceedings without commenting unless called upon to do so. After the meeting he is to make contact with the French Government regarding a rather unique situation that ought to be of interest to them.

Specifically, the roots of the African Legion having a great deal to do with the French Foreign Legion. A little known fact, to those outside of the African Legion, is that the Legion created by Denard was done in part by the assistance of a group of ex-French Foreign Legionaires cut off from their mother country. The men had served loyally, most have died, but a few still survived to this day. His mission is to quietly approach the French authorities about allowing those men to return to their Legion with their current rank and pay as they have expressed the desire to do so on many occasions.

His primary mission for the Legion is supplemented with a secondary mission by the Sudanese Republic to report on anything that might be of interest. This includes a variety of topics but primarily the interests of the former African colonies of France are being looked at in order to assess the possibility of renewed involvement in those colonies by France. The current climate of more openess to non-African powers doesn't immediately consider this a horrible thing, but it is of interest to the Sudanese Republic. One simply likes to know who their neighbors are and what they'll be up to in the future.

He quietly finds a seat, takes it, and watches the proceedings unfold without making any comments, though he'll respond to any directed at him.

Edited by Tidy Bowl Man