Scottish Elections

Proxian Empire

Vote for Scotland's Future  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Following the death of King Douglas, elections were held to decide the future of the Kingdom. Scotland had been ruled by the Penchuk dynasty for centuries, but the last words of King Douglas were to transform Scotland into a republic. Much disagreement carried on how to enact this last request of the beloved King as the former members of the government bickered about the administration.

Airports had been allowed to re-open due to enormous pressure from the airline industry, despite doctors' warnings that the plague that had struck Scotland could engulf the world should people be allowed to leave the country. This was a hotly debated issue in Scotland as no one was quite sure how to address the situation; trade and travel being necessary to protect jobs but the risk was quite high of creating an international epidemic.

Her Majesty Queen Violet I of Scotland held the temporary position of head of state while the elections were underway. Different political parties were formed to try to convince the Scottish public that their ideas were the best way to govern the country.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[u][b]Federal Republic:[/b][/u] Those who took the King's words literally had no qualms about ending the monarchy and creating a federal republic. They knew little of the Queen's personality and many doubted her ability to properly govern the country.

[u][b]Constitutional Monarchy:[/b][/u] Those who supported a constitutional monarchy prefered not to take the King's request word for word. They supported the notion of electing a Prime Minister to speak for the country but ultimately wanted the historical monarch to remain in place. They had faith in the Queen's ability.

[u][b]Monarchy:[/b][/u] Some were unwilling to trust the decisions of the masses and preferred the continuation of the monarchy. The previous monarchs of Scotland had never misled the Scottish people, and they were concerned that uneducated voters may elect the wrong type of leader. Even though the Queen preferred a constitutional monarchy, she was willing to accept this option should the option be elected.

[img]http://www.agonyboothmedia.com/images/articles/Mercer_for_President_2008/DefaultPageImage.jpg[/img]

[u][b]Lee Mercer III:[/b][/u] A notorious terrorist in the Kingdom of Scotland, Lee Mercer III was the son of the infamous Lee Mercer Jr. who had tried to coup King Douglas in his early days as king. Few people were expected to vote for him as his campaign was illegal and disruptive of the democratic process. Nonetheless, the terrorist continued to spread his message abroad through the internet as well as through television broadcasts from the states. The following were some quotations from his campaign:

"My platform for President of the United States Of America is Criminal Law. It is developed from my Method of Education."

"I went to school from the first grade to the nineth [sic] grade at ARP Industrial High School, a negro public school and later, to the intergraded [sic] High School System at ARP High School, Arp,Texas."

Lee Mercer III advocated making himself a dictator of a totalitarian regime to control Scotland and eventually the rest of the world. His title was to be Supreme God Emperor of the Mercer empire. Reasons to prove why he was the most capable of leaders were as follows:

"I am on an academic intelligence hotwire that can not be unhooked by anyone."

"Jeb Bush is all in my house with disease."

"To Prove I have solved every crime in the world as it happens from zero to start to finish for every crime done "

"To Prove Governor William Perry is killing me and my family very seriously."

"To Prove the United States Government killed my sex life, my wife sex life, my daughter-in -laws sex life both may sons [sic] and other of my family members sex life with Espionage Experimentation and Espionage Exploitation sex killing."

----------------------------------------------------------

With that, elections were underway.

OOC: I will go with whatever option you pick. They aren't really all that different from each other but it will affect my RP. Just saying, if Lee Mercer III wins I will not actually RP him taking over since I've done that already :P but I will perhaps make some joke thread about it. Never can have too much Mercer.

[url="http://www.agonybooth.com/agonizer/Mercer_for_President_2008.aspx"]Mercer for President[/url] For those who haven't heard of him yet.

Edited by King Penchuk

Emperor Napoleon sents his personal congratulations to President Smith and sends a bottle of Jack Daniels along with a rather large fishtank, full of healthy fish, with a complimentery box of golden evolopes.

"History will show that Monarchy is clearly superior, just look at the state of our global community and how splendid it is doing." - Crown Prince Michael Atrevier I