From UINE with Love (and harassement allegations)

Keve69

[quote name='Haflinger' date='09 June 2010 - 04:40 PM' timestamp='1276115991' post='2330556']
UINE gave some signs of this approach in their initial communications; the fact that the possible ghost attacked an alliance leader that has historically been at odds with UINE would make me suspicious as well.
[/quote]
I actually have a theory of this. When jd attacked corey in the defense of his friend, the ghost must have spotted the attack on the alliance war screens and since jd's original reason was Tech Raid, the ghost probably thought corey was easy pickings.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Jaymjaym' date='09 June 2010 - 05:22 PM' timestamp='1276100554' post='2330253']
Nobody likes having someone in their alliance get attacked, but !@#$ happens. Find out that they're a ghost, kick their $@!, and move on.
[/quote]

Right, not meaning to be funny but when you try and pick my points apart, don't rip a sentence in half. You're arguing a pint that isn't there to be argued and missing out the main point of what I said.

[quote]When did this happen? Nobody allied to UINE said anything close to inflammatory until some people decided they wanted to show everyone how big and tough they are. [/quote] Fernando did, the leader of FAR, despite NOIR, there's no valid reason for what he did. Rather than sort it, which appears so easy now, he inflamed it.

[quote]Ah yes, the brief snippet of logs which alluded to an earlier portion of the conversation(which was left out by corey :o )

Surely not something to be looked into for the full context, no, they're clearly sending a message that they support the ghost. [/quote]

That short snippet which was taken so out of context that Keve apologised for the interactions of his Triumvir? Give me a break, that's not the story of someone who didn't act out of order.

[quote]An injustice, to be sure. The most devious of deeds being that he somehow specifically targeted alliances whose members were unable to click the "Declare War" button in defense of their comrades. Psychopathic behavior at its worst.[/quote]

If I selecively chose the points of my post where UINE left a ghost and fed him cash through tech deals, which funded the attack, would that be appropriate now?

[quote name='Mayzie' date='09 June 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1276132218' post='2330928']

Fernando did, the leader of FAR, despite NOIR, there's no valid reason for what he did. Rather than sort it, which appears so easy now, he inflamed it.
[/quote]

What? When? Where?

If you're talking about the other thread and FAR honoring treaties... yeah, that came after a NOIR member said they would do the same thing. They saber rattled as did I. This whole situation over a small nation is ridiculous.

And what interest is of yours besides to show off your new sig and putting your nose where it doesn't belong?

This situation is over, if some are left unsatisfied then too bad.

[quote name='Fernando12' date='10 June 2010 - 02:36 AM' timestamp='1276133744' post='2330963']
What? When? Where?

If you're talking about the other thread and FAR honoring treaties... yeah, that came after a NOIR member said they would do the same thing. They saber rattled as did I. This whole situation over a small nation is ridiculous.

And what interest is of yours besides to show off your new sig and putting your nose where it doesn't belong?

This situation is over, if some are left unsatisfied then too bad.
[/quote]
My bad, Franz Ferdinand of TIP, not yourself. Apologies, but the point about the run around from UINE allies stands.

As for the new sig, put your dummy away, that has been there since late this afternoon, it has nothing to do and never has anything to do with anything I've said or ever will say. I said earlier that it was sorted, perhaps speak to your buddies who continue to beat the dead horse, the only mistake I made was mistaken identity between Franz Ferdinand and yourself everything else I've said has been my opinion, nothing to do with my AA or signature, thank you.

Yeah, if that's the sort of treatment Corey got no wonder he was pissed off. Fernando, I admitted my mistake, your baseless accusations of my alliance, your refusal to even speak to me say a great deal about how you handle things. Obviously you're pretty similar to Franz Ferdinand and you can understand my mistake.

And you wonder why crap like this rears it's head every so often?

02:59 Mayz[LA]Brokenman I'm sorry, does my sig offend you in some way?
02:59 *** Mayz[LA]Brokenman is now known as May[LA]
03:00 Fernando12 no, but you have no interest in the situation and your butting in to give your new AA some PR
03:00 May[LA] lmao
03:00 Fernando12 bye
03:00 May[LA] my AA didn't even exist
03:01 May[LA] my sig got put in well after that
03:01 May[LA] you clown

02:59 *** Mayz[LA]Brokenman is now known as May[LA]
03:01 *** Magister_A`way|tLW| quit (Quit: )
03:01 --- Fernando12 has banned *!*****************
03:01 *** May[LA] was kicked by Fernando12 (Fernando12)
03:01 !!! You have been kicked from #FAR

Diplomacy at it's finest. I fail to you to see why it is you think I might have a prolem with you or your allies, bearing in mind I ran a Blue team alliance, very close on the treaty web to your own for the best part of two years up until two months ago and that's the response I get. You really ought to get a grip of reality and realise that not everyone will agree with every one of your policies and sometimes people might wonder how it is you come to the conclusion you did.

Edited by Mayzie

Mayzie, those logs have nothing to do here but whatever...

You come and query me, I tell you what I think, I say bye meaning I really don't care to talk about the subject with you any further, you call me a clown...yeah, you're going to get K/B from my channel.

You made it entirely clear when you threw accusations at me and my apparent attempts at PR how you felt on the situation, it's a shame that, because of my Blue background, I tried to come and speak to you only to get spat at.

[quote name='Ovaltine Jenkins' date='07 June 2010 - 11:27 PM' timestamp='1275964053' post='2328453']
UrINE looks pretty guilty to me.
[/quote]

Don't steal our pet name :mad:

[quote name='Bones Malone' date='08 June 2010 - 03:15 PM' timestamp='1276020901' post='2329000']
Hurrrrrrr.

Keve is ruining the game, amIrite people? I suppose I'll leave the smarter (hurr) commentary for smarter people though, as I thought the first post was adequate for my interests in the whole thing and beyond that I don't especially care, unless the entire black sphere (through those tough ODP and economic bonds that they have) is gearing up for war against the entire blue sphere (don't ask me how I got there, just trust me that its sound logic) and then I will start to be concerned. So yeah, when the sky starts falling, let me know.
[/quote]

This is why I love you.

[quote name='magicninja' date='08 June 2010 - 11:44 PM' timestamp='1276051477' post='2329575']
Hmmmm at GATO when a ghost under our AA attacks someone usually they come in a friendly manner and we check the situation and once it is found the offending nation is a ghost we tell them it's cool to whoop is $@! if they like. Not once has anyone ever said "You need to get rid of your own ghost or we'll have our allies beat you up." They are usually pretty happy to be able to beat up a rogue ghost. So from my view I have no idea where this notion of it's the alliance's responsibility to beat up their own ghosts comes from. I've never seen it.
[/quote]

Thank you.

Now let's stick to the original topic boys and girls, there's no need to take petty issues you may hold with people who are otherwise uninvolved (treaties aside) out here.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Captain Flinders' date='08 June 2010 - 05:00 PM' timestamp='1276034418' post='2329207']
First off I thank you for the informative post. This is obviously what people need to hear from UINE government to get things cleared up. However, I believe you misunderstand why people said you should have attacked the ghost. Actively harassing those who ghost your AA serves two major functions. Firstly, it keeps those who do not follow or know your guidelines off your AA because their single nation likely cannot stand against the combined forces of your alliance. Secondly, even if the offender does not leave the AA outright, if/when the offender does indeed breach your guidelines, other alliances can clearly see that the offender is not one of your own and you are taking steps to distance yourself from them. If you make no effort at all and ignore the problem, it doesn't just go away and situations like this can arise.

[/quote]

Polaris has ghosts that we attack fairly often that refuse to get off our AA. You can't force people off the AA no matter how much you try. You should let others worry about your ghosts/rogues. It's a trade off. You let them attack the rogue/ghost and you shouldn't be paying reps. I can't think of any circumstances in which an attacked alliance that gets the go ahead should want reps from a ghost/rogue nation. I don't know how much you've dealt with those cases, but from my experience the attacked side is usually satisfied with attacking a ghost/rogue.

[quote name='Mayzie' date='09 June 2010 - 08:10 PM' timestamp='1276132218' post='2330928']
Right, not meaning to be funny but when you try and pick my points apart, don't rip a sentence in half. You're arguing a pint that isn't there to be argued and missing out the main point of what I said.

Fernando did, the leader of FAR, despite NOIR, there's no valid reason for what he did. Rather than sort it, which appears so easy now, he inflamed it.

That short snippet which was taken so out of context that Keve apologised for the interactions of his Triumvir? Give me a break, that's not the story of someone who didn't act out of order.

If I selecively chose the points of my post where UINE left a ghost and fed him cash through tech deals, which funded the attack, would that be appropriate now?
[/quote]

So Fernando came to defend his ally after NOIR already stoked the flame into something larger? You realize, you just defeated your own point there with your own wording in your own statement right? NOIR got aggressive. Did you not expect someone to step and say yeah we got UINE's back? Or are you dense, Mayzie?

Uhh... what if that tech deal wasn't set up by Keve? What if that tech deal was a fraud committed by the seller? You want to conspire something; why not look at the obvious conspiracy to that situation than making a delusional alliance conspiracy for a ghost/rogue nation?

Edited by Fireandthepassion

[quote name='Fireandthepassion' date='18 June 2010 - 07:58 AM' timestamp='1276844297' post='2341682']
So Fernando came to defend his ally after NOIR already stoked the flame into something larger? You realize, you just defeated your own point there with your own wording in your own statement right? NOIR got aggressive. Did you not expect someone to step and say yeah we got UINE's back? Or are you dense, Mayzie?

Uhh... what if that tech deal wasn't set up by Keve? What if that tech deal was a fraud committed by the seller? You want to conspire something; why not look at the obvious conspiracy to that situation than making a delusional alliance conspiracy for a ghost/rogue nation?
[/quote]

I'm dense because you chose to come in here, a week dead topic to read exactly what you want to read into my post rather than what it actually says and what it was referring to? Besides the fact that I already pointed out that it was actually Franz Ferdinand, not Fernando, that I got the two mixed up. I was actually talking about the run around that the Corey was given, not people defending their allies. Did you not understand that? Or are you dense, Fireandthepassion? (man, that made me feel big saying that :rolleyes: )

I wasn't spouting any conspiracies at all, just pointing out that if you don't do anything to remove problematic ghosts from your alliance then things like this happen, they get tech deals because people think they're one of yours, then when they go attacking people with that money it looks bad.