From UINE with Love (and harassement allegations)

Keve69

Greetings Cyberpopulace, rodents and other sentient beings

Today it has come to my attention that one of UINE's fans is at it again, Corey has accused us of harassment as well as attacking his nation (original thread here: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=87080). Before demystifying his allegations however, let me give you all a little bit of information on the past between UINE and Corey.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Corey well over a month ago when he got into arguments with two of my members. Now, I'm not going to say that my members were little angels in the whole ordeal but like your average IRC !@#$-disturbing I thought cooler heads would prevail and both sides would eventually just 'chill'. Sadly, I was wrong. The situation came back at which point I decided trying to sit down with Corey and have a nice diplomatic talk with the man, try to do my part in what was essentially a bunch of bickering children on IRC. My conversations with Corey turned out to be quite fruitless, in fact turns out that harassment isn't the first thing Corey accused of us, according to the man UINE also housed a bunch of hackers and half our government was in fact constituted of 1 single individual (impersonating half a dozen people) with multiple IP addresses all part of some conspiracy to harass the man. While I'm against normally posting logs I think for the viewing pleasure of the peanut gallery I'll drop what I think is probably the most golden gem in there:

[quote]<corey_> ur alliance is so small it amuses me
<Keve69[UINE]> really?
<corey_> yes
<corey_> u think u r an equal but ur far from it
<Keve69[UINE]> If I wanted to lower myself to your level I'd point out how UINE has more members and NS than Iunctus... but Im just going to ask you what the hell this has to do with anything?
<corey_> that ur asserting itself as an equal, and I'm not gonna threaten u with how we would deystroy ur nation in a day
<corey_> 1/2 of uine's leaders are the same person
<Keve69[UINE]> in 1 day?
<corey_> yes
<Keve69[UINE]> really?
<corey_> yes
<Keve69[UINE]> wow thats impressive, though honestly it has nothing to do with how your accusing us all of hacking you and 1/2 of gov being the same person [/quote]

(I know logs out of context can be misleading, so if anyone wants the integral of our little 'fun' ask and I'll happily provide but really this isn't the focus of this thread)

Either way, Corey has amongst other things accused UINE several times of ToS violations as well as RL crimes which goes to show both the character of the man, as well as how he thinks of UINE.

Now that our little intro is out of the way let me get back to the matter at hand. Corey has shown a severe distaste of UINE in the past and instead of coming to talk to me in private today about any new developments, he decided to post in public with the intention of harming UINE and its 'PR'; as demonstrated by the first two lines of our query this morning:

[IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Keve69/Coreylog.jpg[/IMG]

I strongly believe that if Corey should have communicated with me instead of started this little OWF feud which makes both UINE and himself look like idiots. Remember children, hanging your dirty laundry in public never works out well.

Onto the issue of Hitsugaya, first of all I'm surprised that Hitsugaya even spoke to Corey in the first place. My entire government is supposed to ignore Corey and refer him directly to me, this extreme measure was taken because of his incessant querying of my members and the fact that given his skill at 'diplomacy' I sought to avoid an incident of this kind. In the case of Hitsugaya, since Corey didn't have any new 'proof' of our harassment/hacking/multi'ing he assumed that our previous resolution to the conflict still stood (mutual ignoring of UINE as a whole and Corey) which explains his rather irritated response after another wave of Coreyqueries. Of course this doesn't justify being rude from a government official and you can all be assured that I will have a word with him.

As for the raids, obviously UINE doesn't endorse raids on established alliances. In fact UINE has a very strict raid policy which generally involves: if you can't follow the rules your going to get what you deserve. i.e attack an established alliance and I, leader of UINE, will personally enjoy watching you have someone teach you a valid CN life lesson. In short a character building experience :P. I know this screen shot was posted in the other thread, but for those who haven't seen it this is is an excerpt from our official raid policy:

[IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Keve69/RaidPolicy.jpg[/IMG]

With this in mind, both wars declared on Corey are against the basic raiding guidelines established by our alliance (which every member is made aware of upon entering the Union). The first war declared by Jd was supposedly in defense of one of his friends whom resides in Tetris and was raided by Corey (I have no idea why he called it a 'tech raid' and honestly I don't care). Jd was informed that his raid was against our policies and that we would not support him if Iunctus decided to roll him in response; Jd left UINE a few days later for an alliance called Informatist and I haven't dealt with the situation since, it can be brought up with them. As for the second raid, the one declared by Buck Dich, UINE has already stated in the past that this nation is not actually a member of our AA. He has not registered on our forums nor has he answered PMs, furthermore, he has also repeatedly attacked established alliances (which is once again against our raiding policy) marking him as as good as dead. In fact, I told Celestial Being just last night that they were free to use him as target practice if they felt inclined to pursue their sovereign right to self-defense in that fashion. Since neither of these raids are under my control UINE will [b]not[/b] be paying reps for them.

The issue was also raised in the other thread about how UINE had failed to attack Buck Dich. To that, I'll answer that my first and only duty is to protect UINE's citizens and allies from harm. We have enough of raiders on our own AA and those attacking our allies/protectorates that I don't feel like going out of my way to attacking people raiding other alliances.

I think this has gone on long enough already, if anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them here or on IRC (#UINE).

[i]
How Keve feels about this: Generous; I officially cede the rights to this kevemotion for future use to Corey[/i] [IMG]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss96/Keve69/INBREDKeve.jpg[/IMG]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Ovaltine Jenkins' date='07 June 2010 - 06:29 PM' timestamp='1275949730' post='2328239']
If there is one thing i have learned, its that Keve and UINE cannot be trusted.
[/quote]

That's right, never ever ever.

[quote name='Ovaltine Jenkins' date='07 June 2010 - 07:29 PM' timestamp='1275949730' post='2328239']
[/quote]

Most certainly not :v:

Seriously, it's a shame that this wasn't taken through proper channels initially. Things like this happen daily and yet I don't see OWF threads pop up about them.

Regardless, we in Gondor wish to see this quickly resolved as we have friends both in UINE as well as Iunctus.

[quote name='bluebirdmatt' date='08 June 2010 - 01:28 AM' timestamp='1275949702' post='2328237']
Mountain out of a mole hill. Corey should of gone to his government and yourself Keve and talked about it like you would expect someone to be able to do. Alas he did not. Lets hope it gets sorted and everyone can move on eh?
[/quote]

I think he is government in Iunctus... or that's what he stated.
Also, you're letting people declare in defense of friends by using your AA? Why don't you make him quit your AA before he declares? Other than that, i'm pleased to see a civilized response.

[quote name='ratonbox' date='07 June 2010 - 06:37 PM' timestamp='1275950210' post='2328251']
I think he is government in Iunctus... or that's what he stated.
Also, you're letting people declare in defense of friends by using your AA? Why don't you make him quit your AA before he declares? Other than that, i'm pleased to see a civilized response.
[/quote]
Sadly I was informed after the fact, sorry for not specifying.

[quote name='Ovaltine Jenkins' date='07 June 2010 - 05:29 PM' timestamp='1275949730' post='2328239']
[/quote]

[quote name='Keve69' date='07 June 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1275949829' post='2328243']
That's right, never ever ever.
[/quote]

Yep, you pretty much ARE the new evil hegemony.

Also as always, loved the face at the end.

And now NOIR look bad for threatening war over 2 members who have been kicked off the AA and offered up for punishment. I know at least one of you who was threatening war in the other thread knows better. I'm extremely disappointed that he let the thought of a nice juicy war cloud his judgment so much, as I generally consider him a level-headed leader.

[quote name='Penkala' date='08 June 2010 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1275952370' post='2328285']
And now NOIR look bad for threatening war over 2 members who have been kicked off the AA and offered up for punishment. I know at least one of you who was threatening war in the other thread knows better. I'm extremely disappointed that he let the thought of a nice juicy war cloud his judgment so much, as I generally consider him a level-headed leader.
[/quote]
Just as we stated in the past thread, the main thing we were displeased about was the tone of the answers. But, that has been cleared up by UINE, so we have no more problems with it.

[quote name='Chimaera' date='07 June 2010 - 06:47 PM' timestamp='1275950847' post='2328263']
For the record, the Empire stands with you. Next time he queries one of you guys, direct him to me and I'll do my best to run mental circles around him until he quits using IRC.
[/quote]

You're a little late on the offer Chim. :P

Nice work UINE.

[quote name='Penkala' date='07 June 2010 - 07:13 PM' timestamp='1275952370' post='2328285']
[/quote]

How ever can we work ourselves back into your good graces!?! :rolleyes: