¡Viva México!

Sargun II

"It could be possible to create united military command structure to help coordinate our actions to defend the region. Which with the recent conflicts in the Americas and the imperialist powers looking for every opportunity possible to gain more territory, this may be a smart move to form a coalition to defend all that we stand for.

If need be, I can formulate a structure similar to that of the Zapatista Army's network to coordinate local militias as one united national force."

As he was saying this, Subcomandante Marcos looked at both documents that were presented and signed at the bottom:
"on behalf of the government of the Community of Chiapas, in delegation from the Zapatista Army of National Liberation and the Democratic Convention of Chiapas,
[img]http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1618/marcossig.png[/img]
[i]Subcomandante Marcos[/i]"

"A uniform military would certainly make things easier to coordinate. The Maya armed forces are ill-equipped and ill-trained at this time, perhaps an overhaul is due," Chavez said as he signed the second document. "All we need now is for Mr. Che to sign."

[i]"A united military command structure would be the most promising path to take by means of common defence. The Dominican National Military would surely take part in such a united command, along with my geurrilla army, whom recruits, trains, and acts seperate from the national forces.

This cooperation is the next great victory for a free America."[/i]

In representation of the Dominican Republic,
Ernesto Che Guevara signed the documents

"This is most excellent, brothers. And you'll find the military of Himynamistan is already geared for irregular combat. With the extreme environments - mountain, jungle, desert, urban - we can't be set up any other way. Flexible structures, combined arms, initiative for small-unit commanders... that's our way of war... I'm sure our commands will be easily integrated with those of our cousin nations."

Sepulveda passed out the informational brochures on the C-200.

"Now take a look at this. The per-unit costs are very low, and the advanced technology is in the design, not the production. They are almost immune to jams and have fewer working parts than comparable modern rifles. Feel free to take these schematics home and make these weapons for yourselves. You'll find them absolutely outstanding, and they are just the beginning of what we can have in common."

"The first two of our goals has been accomplished here and will soon be published to the world. While we are here, perhaps we should talk about the establishment of a central military command and perhaps unifying the weapons and uniforms used by our soldiers, yes?"

Che leaned back in his chair casually. In an attempt to mask his excitement he puffed on a Cuban cigar slowly, releasing a clowd of smoke. He looked at the cigar, as if to take a mental image of how much time he had before another needed to be lit and with a smirk he muttered to a delegate, [i]"The damn rat imperialists are going to get it now."[/i] El commandante leaned over to recieve Himynamistan schematics.

Edited by Bull Run

"Being concerned with uniforms I think is the least of what we should be discussing at the moment. I'll discuss some preliminary ideas I have for a united command:"

Security Forces of the Congress of Latin American Peoples
(Fuerzas de Seguridad, FS):
• Joint command of delegated military officials from the members states shall form a commanding council. This council shall elect one person to represent the rest of the council in meetings and in sessions of Congress.
• The Security Forces may only be activated be decree of Congress. Commanders of the Security Forces shall be given the rank of [i]Comandante[/i] - for uniform purposes.
• Enlistment or commitment to the FS will be voluntary. Each member-state may commit what they can or feel that is necessary.
• Member-states are encouraged to refer to FS command to make strategic moves in military conflicts. As such, other member-states are encouraged to offer advice and assistance to other member-states when necessary.
• The Security Forces shall operate ground forces, air forces, and naval forces with neutral command points.
• Member-states of the Security Forces are granted access to other member-states military instillations with prior consent of the member-states.

"I suggest a location Himynamistan to command ground forces and another in the Dominican Republic to command naval forces. Let's not also forget where to seat the Congress itself."

OOC: I've also registered #latin as a regional IRC channel

Edited by the Zapatistas

"You misinterpret what I mean by uniforms. I mean armor, artificial intelligence, and wireless communications, all part of the uniform worn by each soldier. A way to communicate with different squads, different commanding operators, individual soldiers, et cetera." Chavez smiled as he looked over the ideas. "We should have some sort of minimum or maximum percentage cap of military contributions, and we need to create our own, eh, language? Not language, code! We must also standardize a military code for intelligence purposes as well."

"Are you then proposing we adopt a NATO Cold War-era code system for military classification purposes? I assume we are all Spanish speakers, or at least the majority of us. Cryptology can be done electronically and randomly, creating a standard code can leave us vulnerable to infiltrations by foreign governments and would then gain access to our military infrastructure."

[i] "I will never lose my personal preferance to simple short-wave radios, AK-47's, and a hot passion for liberation. But I admit there are many aspects of our military that require...upgrading, to put it lightly. As I am not sure what exactly is at the disposal of our joint command structure, I cannot offer a suggestion. My guerrilla soldiers focus on guerrilla warfare, as their title implies & personally I hope to focus on bettering our guerrilla tactics, an interest I will seek while conventional forces would participate in our joint conventional training and arming. But I will look after my guerrillas."[/i]

"We can use indigenous languages for cryptology. Our brothers from the Dominican Republic will need to, perhaps, borrow some code units, but thanks to the ignorance and cultural chauvinism of the imperialist world, there's nobody out there fluent in Yaqui, Mayan, Nahuatl, or any of the other hundreds of languages within our borders. There isn't even a Google(TM) translation page for them!

"What's better, speakers of our indigenous languages know their home accents well. An outsider would reveal his origins within a fraction of a second. So I vote we create signals units with a variety of language speakers in them. We can have a truly random system regarding which language to use, as well: whatever language sends the message is the one that receives it. The subtlety and fluency of such a system cannot be understated.

"For naval basing, Santo Domingo is excellent for the East Caribbean. Tampico is a good facility that is under development in Himynamistan and Kuutsmil is also developing its port facilities. On the Pacific side, Puerto Vallarta in Himynamistan is the best we have... for now.

"For a central land command and control center, may I suggest the city of Cuautla, the birthplace of Emiliano Zapata? In Nahuatl, it means "land of the eagle." Look at the map, you'll see it's just south of Zzzptmacan, in Morelos state, near the border with the HAE, in the mountains. We could have a second facility in Zacatecas, more to the north, near the Chiapas Community.

"As regards weaponry, señores, you'll see the C-200 is a variant of the original open-source weapon, the Kalashnikov '47. It is as straightforward and durable as its ancestor, but with refinements that would make its grandfathers proud. The 5.45mm rounds are deadly accurate. Try them, you'll like them. They are jungle-ready, you'll see.

"For defensive purposes, I know we all know our lands better than anyone else: supreme command, therefore, devolves to whoever is senior among the region under attack - and this shall have to include any indigenous revolutionary movement that satisfies conditions for our assistance. Larger conventional units should be held as a mobile reserve in common. Air forces and navies will essentially be extensions of artillery in terms of combat doctrine, but can be used in blockading capacities as well.

"These are my suggestions, and I do not by any means presume to dictate.

"Finally, I want to emphasize to the outside world that we are not an aggressively postured alliance. Yes, we have the language of revolutionaries, but we are by no means seeking to subvert other nations in order to gain territory for ourselves: our revolutions are for establishing states to represent people that do not know the taste of freedom in their own lands and who do not know the meaning of freedom and self-determination. We need to emphasize that any nation that offers sufficient autonomous devolution of power to its campesinos will have no need of revolution, for it is already there. We will know and we will respect and support such arrangements with enthusiasm, will we not?"

"I like what you have proposed, but it is economically viable to replace the thousands and thousands Kalashnikov rifles present in many of our arsenals? Local production facilities in Chiapas are scarce, and we rely on what we have brought from the Chiapaneco region and local paramilitary forces for repair and forging of spare parts. Quite literally, we live off of the resources of the region to fuel our military.

"I think that, the ability to build from scratch and gather local resources to form parts and military equipment is something no modern military or imperialist power could match. Most of all, I'd like to preserve that as it makes Chiapas a very hard nation to conquer from outside powers."

"This is where brotherhood has a meaning. We give you the factories, as well. Our mines are your mines. But no matter: there is wisdom in what you say. Say the word and we shall be happy to hand you any number of model 47's that you may need."